Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:36 am
Former President Barack Obama Tests Positive for COVID-19

Former President Barack Obama tweeted Sunday that he had tested positive for COVID-19, describing mild symptoms.

In a tweet, he said: “I just tested positive for COVID. I’ve had a scratchy throat for a couple days, but am feeling fine otherwise. Michelle and I are grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, and she has tested negative.

“It’s a reminder to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, even as cases go down.”

Obama’s announcement came as many places across the U.S. have reported declining case numbers, hospitalizations, and deaths as the wave caused by the omicron variant fades. Trends reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have been downward since February. The CDC also reports that 81.5% of Americans have had at least one does of the coronavirus vaccine, though Obama, who is vaccinated, seems to have what is known as a “breakthrough” case.

In 2020, it was conventional wisdom that then-President Donald Trump had contracted coronavirus because he had been “arrogant and negligent.” However, several other leaders, many of whom have prided themselves on public displays of hyper-caution or support for severe coronavirus restrictions, have since contracted the virus anyway.

Obama drew criticism last year for dancing maskless among the guests at his 60th birthday bash at his Martha’s Vineyard estate, in the midst of the so-called delta wave.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... -covid-19/
Trump contracted COVID well before it mutated into Omicron which has become virtually omnipresent at this point. He did so while threatening the lives of his supporters by holding rallies (one which killed Herman Cain) and his limo driver who was forced to drive him around on an idiotic tour so he could wave to his idiotic supporters in the street, knowing perfectly well he was infected. He also lied so he could debate Biden while having COVID. Leave it to Brietbart to try spinning this as some kind of story.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hillary Clinton says she's tested positive for COVID-19

Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday that she has tested positive for COVID-19.

The former secretary of state and presidential candidate is vaccinated and appears to be taking it in stride.

"Well, I've tested positive for COVID. I've got some mild cold symptoms but am feeling fine," she wrote on Twitter.

"I'm more grateful than ever for the protection vaccines can provide against serious illness," Clinton said, before urging others to get vaccinated and boosted if they haven't already.

Clinton also noted former President Bill Clinton "tested negative and is feeling fine." He is currently quarantining while Clinton recovers.

Meanwhile, Clinton said she is open to movie recommendations.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/22/10881444 ... tive-covid
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Have people all stopped dying from COVID or have we just quit talking about it?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:00 am
Have people all stopped dying from COVID or have we just quit talking about it?
No, they haven't stopped dying. I still watch the tracker. I can report on any state you like or the country as a whole. But later...I'm busy atm.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Why are the hospitals no longer being overrun, or are they? Are the blue states going into lockdown this summer? Do you still wear masks and practice social distancing in blue states?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:05 am
Why are the hospitals no longer being overrun, or are they? Are the blue states going into lockdown this summer? Do you still wear masks and practice social distancing in blue states?
Again, people who watch CNN as opposed to fake news outlets like Brietbart, never ask dumb questions such as these.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:05 am

I have no idea who you are addressing here. Me? I don't know if my state is blue or red. You asked if people have stopped dying of Covid. I told you I would supply you with current data.

Here goes.

U.S. new cases today: 10,863

U.S. new deaths today: 230

U.S. new hospitalized today: -137

You ask: Why are the hospitals no longer being overrun, or are they?

Don't you know why the hospitals are no longer overrun with Covid patients, doc?

You asked some other stuff:

Are the blue states going into lock down this summer?
Do you still wear masks and practice social distancing in blue states?

I have no idea what "color" my own state is. I'm neither blue nor red. In any case, I doubt we'll go into lock down this summer. I do still wear masks and practice social distancing as well as the other preventive hygiene measures.

Were your above questions intended to mock me? I took your original question to be sincere. I gave you a sincere reply.

If your two posts were nothing but sarcasm, why are you posting them on this thread when you, as a health care professional, could surely contribute something more substantial and helpful to the rest of us?

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I wouldn't call it sarcasm. I'm just curious if those on the left have learned to live with COVID as people in Florida have been doing for a couple years now.

Given that there is no excuse for anyone dying from COVID if it could have been prevented by lockdowns, masking, social distancing, testing quarantining, are you still doing all that or did you finally get tired of it? I noticed some of your politicians had no problem with flying to Florida for vacation and mixing amongst the unmasked and unvaacinated.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:37 pm
I wouldn't call it sarcasm. I'm just curious if those on the left have learned to live with COVID as people in Florida have been doing for a couple years now.

Given that there is no excuse for anyone dying from COVID if it could have been prevented by lockdowns, masking, social distancing, testing quarantining, are you still doing all that or did you finally get tired of it? I noticed some of your politicians had no problem with flying to Florida for vacation and mixing amongst the unmasked and unvaacinated.

You say that as if you actually believe it.

None of these would prevent you from dying if you ran across the virus. The purpose of lockdowns, masking, social distancing, testing and quarantining was to slow infection rates and ease up the loads on hospitals, until the arrival of a vaccine.

What could have ‘prevented your death’ would be vaccination.

You know that too, which is why you didn’t include vaccination in your list.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:37 pm

People in Florida have learned to become permanently disabled or die from COVID by closing their eyes.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.