Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God
Location: Searching for the missing pieces of the Bothell Codex

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:13 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:57 pm

From what I've read, there may be an incremental benefit, with no evidence of harm. It's not a big deal. I know the pharmacy where I have my appoint does have Moderna. I'll be happy with either.
I hadn't heard that about the benefit. We have friends who mixed and did pretty well. But again, who really cares about side effects. You can weather those in a couple of days and it beats getting put on a vent or worse.

Report back on this thread!
Will do.
he/him
"Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see."
– Rene Magritte
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:13 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:57 pm

From what I've read, there may be an incremental benefit, with no evidence of harm. It's not a big deal. I know the pharmacy where I have my appoint does have Moderna. I'll be happy with either.
I hadn't heard that about the benefit. We have friends who mixed and did pretty well. But again, who really cares about side effects. You can weather those in a couple of days and it beats getting put on a vent or worse.

Report back on this thread!
Here is a good article from Nature discussing this very thing.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586- ... 20regimens.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
msnobody
Deacon

Post by msnobody »

I’m very happy that we went back to the good tasting communion cracker and grape juice today at church, instead of the prepackaged styrofoam wafer and terrible tasting juice. It is the best tasting communion cracker I’ve ever tasted.
indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Prov. 2:3-5
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:14 pm
I’m very happy that we went back to the good tasting communion cracker and grape juice today at church, instead of the prepackaged styrofoam wafer and terrible tasting juice. It is the best tasting communion cracker I’ve ever tasted.
:D When we went to church on Christmas at the Lutheran (Catholic lite!) church, they were dropping the wafers in people's hands using gloves. I don't recall any drink at all.

Nice to get back to something like normal at your church, right?
Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Deacon

Post by msnobody »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:40 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:14 pm
:D When we went to church on Christmas at the Lutheran (Catholic lite!) church, they were dropping the wafers in people's hands using gloves. I don't recall any drink at all.

Yes, especially when I'd wonder if that thing was truly edible. It was like stytofoam that immediately melted in your mouth.
indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Prov. 2:3-5
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:26 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:40 pm

Yes, especially when I'd wonder if that thing was truly edible. It was like stytofoam that immediately melted in your mouth.
Maybe they were like Puffs?

I hope they weren't those biodegradable packing peanuts! Those are actually edible you know. :shock: I think we should leave the past in the past and let's just move on...
Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Deacon

Post by msnobody »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:33 am
msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:26 am

Maybe they were like Puffs?

I hope they weren't those biodegradable packing peanuts! Those are actually edible you know. :shock: I think we should leave the past in the past and let's just move on...
I’m thinking more biodegradable packing peanut slices.

I’m not sure I want to go through a 4th vaccine with its side effects. That last one left me with a four day headache that absolutely nothing helped. I was going through that kidney stone thing at the time, but I still think it was the vaccine.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:22 am
I’m not sure I want to go through a 4th vaccine with its side effects.
Maybe you would prefer a COVID infection with its side effects? Unlike vaccine side effects, some of the COVID sequelae can be quite long-lasting. Your call.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
msnobody
Deacon

Post by msnobody »

Chap wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:34 pm
msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:22 am
I’m not sure I want to go through a 4th vaccine with its side effects.
Maybe you would prefer a COVID infection with its side effects? Unlike vaccine side effects, some of the COVID sequelae can be quite long-lasting. Your call.
If I get through the vaccine trial (Moderna), without a 4th vaccine, I may try a Pfizer vaccine. Most if the people I know with long lasting effects were people who got COVID when the pandemic first arrived.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:03 am
An attempt to return to topic.

I'm getting the 4th shot on Tuesday. A couple of weeks in advance of a trip to Florida. Will report on side effects if only for my own documentation here. Third shot knocked me out for, I think, 4 days. :shock:
Pfizer reinforcements reported for duty 3 hours ago. Already yawning. See? I wasn't joking. :lol:

Pillow and blankie here I come!
Slava Ukraini!