Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:40 pm
Thanks for the graphic details on the cleanse, but I already know about that.
I live to serve.
It sounds like you had propofol, that's usually what they use these days. If so, I envy the hell out of you. Propofol is my favorite drug in the entire universe.

Morphine used to be my fav drug, it was totally displaced by propofol. I've had it several times before getting my heart shocked. I love it. I adore it. I want it right now. I want it every day of my life in fact. I want it forever and ever, amen.

And now I can't have it unless something weird happens to me. Pity me. Cry for me. I miss it!
Can you be awake on propofol? Or do you just like the deep sleep that comes with it?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:24 pm
I’m not sure, to be honest. They put the needle in a vein on the top side of my hand, put a mask on, cranked up some gas, and injected a drug in through the needle. Next thing I know I was waking up and the procedure was over. I was only aware they did the procedure because I had some lube on my butthole, a box of chocolates, and some roses with a note that said, “Thanks for a good time - Love, Doc”

The injection definitely stung, though. That was literally the worst part of the whole procedure, other than fasting for a day, which actually wasn’t too bad since you had to drink a ton of water. Oh, the crapping. They make you crap during your fast because the scope doesn’t see through poop. I guess that might be the worst part because you’re up and down all night crapping water because there’s no more crap inside of you by the time you go tobed, but the laxatives are such that every hour or so you’re back on the toilet.

Where’s Sir Poops-a-lot when you need him?

- Doc
Thanks for the graphic details on the cleanse, but I already know about that. It sounds like you had propofol, that's usually what they use these days. If so, I envy the hell out of you. Propofol is my favorite drug in the entire universe.

Morphine used to be my fav drug, it was totally displaced by propofol. I've had it several times before getting my heart shocked. I love it. I adore it. I want it right now. I want it every day of my life in fact. I want it forever and ever, amen.

And now I can't have it unless something weird happens to me. Pity me. Cry for me. I miss it!
Never had dilaudid I take it?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:17 pm
Oh that is crazy. I'm happy you got it and it's behind you. I feel 100% today. Again, only the fatigue. I don't care if I have to get boosted every 6 months for the rest of my entire life. It's worth it to me.
Definitely worth it. I would not want to have a bad case of COVID. I'll take the minor inconvenience of vaccination over that any day.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:50 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thanks for the graphic details on the cleanse, but I already know about that.
I live to serve.
It sounds like you had propofol, that's usually what they use these days. If so, I envy the hell out of you. Propofol is my favorite drug in the entire universe.

Can you be awake on propofol? Or do you just like the deep sleep that comes with it?

- Doc
It's like this...one minute you are speaking and then...the window closes...and you're gone. Like someone hit your off switch. I like the being gone and the waking up totally relaxed like I had the best sleep of my life and feel a complete sense of peace. I am not sure if the waking up totally relaxed is because my heart was running full tilt for hours (200 bpm, which for all intents and purposes, you may as well have been physically running the entire time) or if the medication does that to you.

Morphine for me, was like floating on a cloud in a cotton ball nest. I could have stayed there forever.

Love. Love. Love.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I wanted to report that today I saw my first mobile vaccination unit. It was about the size of a city bus, I'd say. Strange thing is that it was parked in the far end of the Walmart parking lot and Walmart has it's own pharmacy. Maybe they just needed some Halloween Candy or something.

8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:04 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:17 pm
Oh that is crazy. I'm happy you got it and it's behind you. I feel 100% today. Again, only the fatigue. I don't care if I have to get boosted every 6 months for the rest of my entire life. It's worth it to me.
Definitely worth it. I would not want to have a bad case of COVID. I'll take the minor inconvenience of vaccination over that any day.
Yes!

I like my jab in a box.
I like my jab on the rocks.
I like my jab on a farm.
I like my jab in my arm.
I like my jab sitting on a chair.
I like my jab everywhere.

With apologies to T. Geisel ;)

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:27 pm
… because my heart was running full tilt for hours (200 bpm,
I feel like there’s a meth joke in there somewhere …

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:33 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:04 pm

Yes!

I like my jab in a box.
I like my jab on a farm.
I like my jab in my arm.

hEbRaIsMs!

Careful! You might convince Mental that Dr. Seuss is inspired by mormongod.

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:37 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Yes!

I like my jab in a box.
I like my jab on a farm.
I like my jab in my arm.

hEbRaIsMs!

Careful! You might convince Mental that Dr. Seuss is inspired by mormongod.

- Doc

FTR I'm not overall fond of his books. I simply use/exploit his rhyme now and then. My favorite book to read to children authored by Seuss is, "My Many Colored Days". It's unlike all the rest in every way and hardly anyone knows it even exists. I think it was actually published after his death.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:35 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:27 pm
… because my heart was running full tilt for hours (200 bpm,
I feel like there’s a meth joke in there somewhere …

- Doc
:lol:

Slava Ukraini!