Ajax and lockdowns

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Ajax and lockdowns

Post by Gadianton »

Ever the "rebel", Ajax continues to post on our southern forum.
Ajax wrote:If you want to talk about science, the WHO has already said that lockdowns are not the best way to deal with this virus. We didn't elect Dr. Fauci. Sure a total shutdown for years and years would save a few more old people. That's all Dr. Fauci knows. But don't ask the scientists who's gonna pay your social security check when your younger tax chattel are locked down?
Did you get that from a Whitehouse tweet?

See this article from Forbes on the subject of lockdowns, and in particular, whether or not the WHO admitted that they don't work.

The greatest risk we have of locking down again comes from your own president's utter failures to lead.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Ajax and lockdowns

Post by Bret Ripley »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:57 pm
Ever the "rebel", Ajax continues to post on our southern forum.
I can almost hear him from here ...

"I can't take up my musket
And fight 'em now no more,
But I ain't going to love 'em,
Now that is sarten sure,
And I don't want no pardon
For what I was and am.
I won't be reconstructed,
And I don't care a damn."
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ajax "I'm too stupid for this shirt." said:
I thought you were saying that if we were to impose a tight lockdown like Germany, Italy, Spain, etc., we would have eradicated COVID...?
The levels of sheer idiocy has reached heights I never knew was possible with Trump cultists. Between that statement and claiming Liberals just want people to have free money that never runs out (maybe he thought Yang Gang was a mainstream Liberal policy?), and that we're using Covid to achieve this aim, I'm reminded that, once again, Conservatards just live in an alternate reality with alternate facts and alternate things they tell one another until it all becomes real to them. The detachment from reality is a problem, and since they can't be baby stepped back from their collective mental illness I'm not sure how this all works out. I guess we'll see.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

When is Ajax going to join us on the new forum here??
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Ajax don’t want to understand. He just wants to whine. If you explain why his whining isn’t fact-based, he just Gish gallops to something else in his stable of grievances. Then he circles back later to the same whine.

Lockdowns in March and April were understandable, as we completely failed to take the steps necessary to spot early cases and use standard public health techniques to keep it from spreading. By the time outbreaks were spotted, exponential growth was out of control. Lockdowns (a term that exaggerates what was actually done) were implemented to prevent the overrunning of health care systems.

The only reason we’re having to consider lockdowns now is Trump, his enablers, and his cultists. They won’t wear masks, they won’t avoid gatherings, they won’t isolate when sick, they won’t cooperate with contact tracing, and they won’t quarantine. Broken down by county, the first outbreaks were in blue counties, as international airports are located in big cities, which tend to be blue. But that’s been steadily changing over time, and since late September, the spread has been driven primarily driven by red counties. And because red counties are spread out geographically rather than concentrated in cities, getting help to all those rural hospitals that need it is a logistical nightmare.

I read a comment from the administration today about BIrx traveling to states where the virus is out of control. They referred to it as making sure the embers of the pandemic don’t reignite. Embers? The Dakotas, Utah, Wisconsin and other states have out of control firestorms. The only options they have left to them are have doctors ration health care and let treatable people die (from everything) or go to partial lockdowns. And there is no excuse. We have the knowledge and we have the resources. But we have politicians who continue to put politics over science, medicine, and health. And they are led at the top by an incompetent buffoon who is driven by self-aggrandizement.

But by all means, let’s whine about social security.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:45 pm
Ajax "I'm too stupid for this shirt." said:
I thought you were saying that if we were to impose a tight lockdown like Germany, Italy, Spain, etc., we would have eradicated COVID...?
The levels of sheer idiocy has reached heights I never knew was possible with Trump cultists. Between that statement and claiming Liberals just want people to have free money that never runs out (maybe he thought Yang Gang was a mainstream Liberal policy?), and that we're using Covid to achieve this aim, I'm reminded that, once again, Conservatards just live in an alternate reality with alternate facts and alternate things they tell one another until it all becomes real to them. The detachment from reality is a problem, and since they can't be baby stepped back from their collective mental illness I'm not sure how this all works out. I guess we'll see.

- Doc
Nobody has ever claimed that lockdowns eradicated COVID. Or could eradicate COVID. You’re right — I don’t know how you walk people back from that level of delusion.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So I'm going to say the unpopular thing. Smack me down if you feel like you need to.

Ajax isn't here. Either he hasn't gotten here yet, doesn't plan to, or if he is here he is registered under a new screen name. If he is here under a new screen name, he has a right at a fresh start if that is what he wants. Just like we have a fresh start with a new board. I'm sure that a few folks have modified or changed their screen names as well

So...why discuss him here?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Probably because this board is more of a version 2.0 and discussions are meant to be carried over from there to here because of usability.

Anyway.

Melania to Trump - Don't Touch Me

https://Facebook.watch/1tF76h6Hf1/

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:55 pm
Probably because this board is more of a version 2.0 and discussions are meant to be carried over from there to here because of usability.
So a discussion is being carried over about a guy who doesn't appear to be here and if he is here under a new screen name because he wants a fresh start, he can't engage unless he gives himself up.

Not exactly laudable but hey, whatever floats you guys' boat.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:36 pm
Ajax don’t want to understand.
Ajax don't care. He just wants to be a Honey Badger.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace