Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just saw on the news (linked through Drudge) a Conservative MP was attacked and killed. I think there was another MP that was recently’ish attacked and killed, too. And of course there was some attack that took place at or near Westminster (too lazy to Google). Frankly, I’m surprised more representatives aren’t being murdered given the trend toward extremism by various factions. I don’t know what to make of it all, but it feels like we’re accelerating toward a low-level semi-hot civil unrest situation in various Western countries.

Crazy days, for sure.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:52 pm
I don’t know what to make of it all, but it feels like we’re accelerating toward a low-level semi-hot civil unrest situation in various Western countries.

Crazy days, for sure.

- Doc
Um, there is someone over here stepping up the stock, shall we say, in the prepper um, pile. At this point I am wondering if I am simply naïve. Not joking.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I don’t know what to make of it all, but it feels like we’re accelerating toward a low-level semi-hot civil unrest situation in various Western countries.

Crazy days, for sure.

- Doc
Um, there is someone over here stepping up the stock, shall we say, in the prepper um, pile. At this point I am wondering if I am simply naïve. Not joking.
Well, when the militias show up, just turn on FoxNews and turn the volume up. It’s great camouflage. :D

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:45 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:12 pm

Well, when the militias show up, just turn on FoxNews and turn the volume up. It’s great camouflage. :D

- Doc
Got that, too. :-D
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I just saw on the news (linked through Drudge) a Conservative MP was attacked and killed. I think there was another MP that was recently’ish attacked and killed, too. And of course there was some attack that took place at or near Westminster (too lazy to Google). Frankly, I’m surprised more representatives aren’t being murdered given the trend toward extremism by various factions. I don’t know what to make of it all, but it feels like we’re accelerating toward a low-level semi-hot civil unrest situation in various Western countries.

Crazy days, for sure.

- Doc
The person who was killed recently was a Member of Parliament (a member of the Conservative Party) who was holding what is called a 'surgery' for his constituents - that meant he and maybe a couple of assistants held a kind of 'office hours' to which anyone could come if they wanted to raise a problem. That would not take place in the House of Commons, but somewhere in the area from which the member was elected. Up to now, it has not been thought necessary that there should be any police presence at such events. Someone came to the place where he was holding the surgery, in this case in a church, and stabbed him repeatedly. He died shortly afterwards.

David Amess: MP’s killing declared a terrorist incident
Man, 25, in custody as police investigate ‘’potential motivation linked to Islamist extremism

The other MP who was killed was a member of the Labour Party, Jo Cox. She was attacked in the street and stabbed by a white supremacist ultra-nationalist, who shouted the name of his group 'Britain First' as he stabbed her. That was in 2016, not long before the referendum on membership of the European Union went in favour of 'leave' by a narrow margin.

The slow-burning hatred that led Thomas Mair to murder Jo Cox
25 years before he killed the MP, Mair told a far-right magazine that the ‘white race’ faced a long and very bloody struggle
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.