Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:51 am
I don't remember being this stunned by the news since 9/11. This was unreal.

Sure seemed like a lot of folks in the Senate had a Come to Jesus moment today.
Would it surprise you to learn that that is exactly what I hoped and prayed for when I went out this afternoon? Not trying to go all Jesus on you, but it's true. I suppose that would happen to most any of us if we had to pull a gas mask out from under our desks and get shuffled off to a safe space while doing our jobs.

Pretty sure that'd be a wake up call for most. Except for 6.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Just to put things in perspective: Democrats are set to take over the White House and the Senate after today, already in control of the House.

And that got, what... fourth or fifth billing in the news today? I hardly heard about it, and I was watching crap all day.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

They're finally going to through the EC votes by state now. Bet Trump is crying into his Happy Meal and clinging to his evac bag trying to figure out where to go.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:54 am
I suppose that would happen to most any of us if we had to pull a gas mask out from under our desks and get shuffled off to a safe space while doing our jobs.

That's all I could think about while watching them speak tonight. They looked visibly shaken to me. Frankly, I think that is a positive side-effect of this horror.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:57 am
Bet Trump is crying into his Happy Meal and clinging to his evac bag trying to figure out where to go.
I heard he's raging about Pence right now. I bet he's really raging about his lack of Twitter access.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:54 am
I suppose that would happen to most any of us if we had to pull a gas mask out from under our desks and get shuffled off to a safe space while doing our jobs.

That's all I could think about while watching them speak tonight. They looked visibly shaken to me. Frankly, I think that is a positive side-effect of this horror.
I got stuff to say about that, but I don't want to push it on anyone. Briefly stated, I believe that God allowed them to be brought to their knees thus humbling them, and opening the doors for Biden and Harris.

And yes, you can say that could happen without a God. Thanks for listening though, if you did. :-)

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Pence is a machine.

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:02 am
Some Schmo wrote:
I got stuff to say about that, but I don't want to push it on anyone. Briefly stated, I believe that God allowed them to be brought to their knees thus humbling them, and opening the doors for Biden and Harris.

And yes, you can say that could happen without a God. Thanks for listening though, if you did. :-)
I did listen. I chalk it up to shock, myself, but whatever gets the job done, right?

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:03 am
Pence is a machine.
I really hope he takes his 25th amendment opportunity to be President for two weeks. This is about national security.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Saving this for reading tomorrow.

‘He screwed the country’: Trump loyalty disintegrates
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/0 ... ack-455667

I'm listening to the count right now. If anyone had told me even 5 years ago that I would be glued to a screen listening to every second of this, I would have told them they were out of their minds.

And yet. Here I am.

Slava Ukraini!