Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 am
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:22 am

CFR. Please link to the "media fact check" claiming that Jacob Blake was "unarmed". Then, please link to the incontrovertible evidence that Jacob Blake was "armed". THEN, show that the "media fact check" refused to update their information based on the evidence. And prepare yourself to write precisely as you present your case, because your chances of pulling the wool over my eyes are slim.

In the real world, we update our beliefs when there is sufficient evidence to. Proving things false is an ordinary step in the journey to truth.
I thought I’d circle back to this post and update it with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfSdZ9vkmyk

Jacob Blake admitted to having a knife and there is video evidence of him in possession of a knife. I’d guess that if you asked a 100 protesters if Jersey Boy had a knife, based on widespread reporting of the incident, 99 of them would say he didn’t have one.

Here’s politifact with an updated ‘fact check’:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... 1556823259

- Doc
I already addressed this in the other thread, but the gist of it is this. Blake's "knife" wasn't known until several days later because none of the witnesses interviewed saw a knife and there didn't appear to be one in the several angles of video footage. Also, the evil media requested a statement from the police as to whether or not Blake was armed, and they refused to answer the question. Typically if someone is armed, the cops are the first ones to say that. But they didn't know until after their investigation.

If a knife mean's you're armed then virtually every contract worker I know is walking around armed. But at the end of the day, what does it matter? If he intended to use the knife on the cops he would have had that opportunity during their scuffle on the ground. But he didn't. And the witnesses saw cops shoot him in the back while he was trying to get away from them.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Did you watch the video from the first link? It jumps right into it. Also, what you’re doing is misdirection. Why do you do that?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Even if he she thought he didn't have a knife why would Kamala Harris visit a rapist and career criminal like Jacob Blake and tell him she was proud of him for violating a restraing order, attempted kidnapping, assaulting the police officers, and resisting arrest? And why stir up a riot that results in bilions in property damage? If a conservative politician and his constituents behaved this way they'd all be locked up forever along with anyone who protested the governments heavy handed response. If Fox News stirred this up like MSNBC and CNN did the government would permanently censor them.

You all don't want racial equalty. What you want is liberal privilege. I say that because black conservatives are targeted just as maliciously as white conseevatives.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:23 pm
Even if he she thought he didn't have a knife why would Kamala Harris visit a rapist and career criminal like Jacob Blake and tell him she was proud of him for violating a restraing order, attempted kidnapping, assaulting the police officers, and resisting arrest? And why stir up a riot that results in bilions in property damage? If a conservative politician and his constituents behaved this way they'd all be locked up forever along with anyone who protested the governments heavy handed response. If Fox News stirred this up like MSNBC and CNN did the government would permanently censor them.

You all don't want racial equalty. What you want is liberal privilege. I say that because black conservatives are targeted just as maliciously as white conseevatives.
The rape charge is a new thing I hadn’t heard about. I’m not diminishing the allegation, because I thought he was charged with sexual assault as a result of him digitally penetrating the victim, and especially since an aunt said this on Twitter before her account was banned:

Do you have anything that confirms the allegation?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

What's True
According to a statement from Blake’s lawyer, Harris met with Blake's family and told Blake on the phone that she is “proud of him and how he is working through his pain.” In July 2020, Blake was charged with third-degree sexual assault of his ex-girlfriend.

What's False
Blake has not been tried or convicted of sexual assault.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamal ... ake-proud/

The same lawyer who lied about him being armed? Yeah, take it with a grain of salt.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:11 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:23 pm

The rape charge is a new thing I hadn’t heard about. I’m not diminishing the allegation, because I thought he was charged with sexual assault as a result of him digitally penetrating the victim, and especially since an aunt said this on Twitter before her account was banned:

Do you have anything that confirms the allegation?

- Doc
It was digital rape according to Ben Shapiro. He felt her up against her wishes, then he smelled his fingers and said, "You smell like you've been with another man."

No I cannot find any sources to prove if Shapiro is lying or not. Politifact, Snopes, and even Google are very biased, so research isn't exactly as easy as it is for someone on K Graham's side given that they control the mainstream media.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 pm
No I cannot find any sources to prove if Shapiro is lying or not. Politifact, Snopes, and even Google are very biased, so research isn't exactly as easy as it is for someone on K Graham's side given that they control the mainstream media.
So, it wasn’t rape in the regular sense people think of, but it was an alleged sexual assault. Do you know why the charges were dropped? Nothing is making any sense from my Google searches.

- Doc
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I love how in the mind of a Trumptard, not printing conservative lies makes the media "biased."

Geez, why can't I back up the hairbrained ideas I've swallowed if responsible media won't report them? So biased!
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 am
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:22 am

CFR. Please link to the "media fact check" claiming that Jacob Blake was "unarmed". Then, please link to the incontrovertible evidence that Jacob Blake was "armed". THEN, show that the "media fact check" refused to update their information based on the evidence. And prepare yourself to write precisely as you present your case, because your chances of pulling the wool over my eyes are slim.

In the real world, we update our beliefs when there is sufficient evidence to. Proving things false is an ordinary step in the journey to truth.
I thought I’d circle back to this post and update it with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfSdZ9vkmyk

Jacob Blake admitted to having a knife and there is video evidence of him in possession of a knife. I’d guess that if you asked a 100 protesters if JB had a knife, based on widespread reporting of the incident, 99 of them would say he didn’t have one.

Here’s politifact with an updated ‘fact check’:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... 1556823259

- Doc

Isn’t the issue with the Jacob Blake more about that he was shot 7 times without an obvious provocation, as opposed to the police being able to confirm that any weapon was present?

Seems as if a lot of folks were complaining that there’s oftentimes a double standard in police response to black suspects, as opposed to white suspects.

Some interesting examples:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/AttorneyCrum ... 8877014017

https://mobile.Twitter.com/Beth_jones63 ... 02017.html

https://mobile.Twitter.com/AttorneyCrum ... e-video%2F

https://mobile.Twitter.com/tariqnasheed ... -police%2F

This isn’t a defense of Jacob Blake. Blake was an ass and may have sexually assaulted someone at some point prior to his run-in with police, but any of the 4 folks in the above videos may be just as unsavory … except that we won’t know it, because even as these folks all acted ridiculous to officers, none of them were shot or detained. Enough folks out there these days see these incidents and it fuels their perception of a deadly double-standard.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I think shooting a dude in the back 7 times, even if he had a knife in his hand, is questionable at best*. I think there are some apologists who state there was a kid in the vehicle, or JB could’ve done this or that, or whatever. This is nonsense. It’s akin to stating that Floyd was going to die anyway because he had enough fentanyl in his system to kill off a small city, so leaning on the guy’s neck/upper back for 9 minutes was fine. -_-

Anyway, if you look at rates people are shot to death by race:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/112 ... nicity-us/

It’s clear to me this is just political nonsense, but to what end I’m unclear. I don’t really see a good end game with keeping people at each others’ throats over a statistically minute thing. I suppose we can thank the media algorithms that keep our eyeballs open for commercials.

* The only way I could see shooting a dude in the back is if he’s in armed hand-to-hand combat with someone or a cop, and that was the only clean shot a cop could take to eliminate the threat to an innocent.

- Doc