Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:21 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 pm
No I cannot find any sources to prove if Shapiro is lying or not. Politifact, Snopes, and even Google are very biased, so research isn't exactly as easy as it is for someone on K Graham's side given that they control the mainstream media.
So, it wasn’t rape in the regular sense people think of, but it was an alleged sexual assault. Do you know why the charges were dropped? Nothing is making any sense from my Google searches.

- Doc
I don't know. I believe that she had good reason to call the police on Jacob Blake. Thankfully for her the police were still available and allowed to come and intervene.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:31 pm
I think shooting a dude in the back 7 times, even if he had a knife in his hand, is questionable at best*. I think there are some apologists who state there was a kid in the vehicle, or JB could’ve done this or that, or whatever. This is nonsense. It’s akin to stating that Floyd was going to die anyway because he had enough fentanyl in his system to kill off a small city, so leaning on the guy’s neck/upper back for 9 minutes was fine. -_-

Anyway, if you look at rates people are shot to death by race:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/112 ... nicity-us/

It’s clear to me this is just political nonsense, but to what end I’m unclear. I don’t really see a good end game with keeping people at each others’ throats over a statistically minute thing. I suppose we can thank the media algorithms that keep our eyeballs open for commercials.

* The only way I could see shooting a dude in the back is if he’s in armed hand-to-hand combat with someone or a cop, and that was the only clean shot a cop could take to eliminate the threat to an innocent.

- Doc
So why didn't they even charge officer Rusty Sheskey with anything for shooting Jacob Blake? And why is back on the job as a policeman? If what he did was worthy of burning down cities across America, how could the case be so weak that it was not even worth prosecution or even early retirement from law enforcement? I mean the same prosecutor charged Rittenhouse with 1st degree murder even though they knew they didn't have a case.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:02 pm
So why didn't they even charge officer Rusty Sheskey with anything for shooting Jacob Blake?
facepalm
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
So why didn't they even charge officer Rusty Sheskey with anything for shooting Jacob Blake? And why is back on the job as a policeman? If what he did was worthy of burning down cities across America, how could the case be so weak that it was not even worth prosecution or even early retirement from law enforcement? I mean the same prosecutor charged Rittenhouse with 1st degree murder even though they knew they didn't have a case.
You don’t know why charges were dropped ref JB, and you don’t know why the officer was charged.

Huh.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:08 am
ajax18 wrote:
You don’t know why charges were dropped ref JB, and you don’t know why the officer was charged.

Huh.

- Doc
From the NYT:
"Prosecutors dropped one count of third-degree sexual assault outright and agreed to drop one count of criminal trespass if Mr. Blake pleaded guilty to two counts of disorderly conduct, according to court records and Mr. Blake’s lawyer, Patrick Cafferty."

The so called "rape" amounted to him fingering his girlfriend of eight years and then sniffing his finger before saying, "it smells like you've been with other men." We don't know how much of what his GF said was true. I'm reminded of Reuben Foster, the first round draft pick who's GF accused him of assault only to later say she made it up.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Why didn't they charge the police officer? Seriously? How many times have we seen police officers never getting charged for killing black people? The cop doesn't have to prove anything beyond saying he feared for his life. District Attorney's try to avoid charging fellow police officers, usually people they know well in smaller towns.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Huh.

- Doc
Ok let me try to not view all Democrats monolithically. Why do you Doc Cam think Rusty Sheskey was never charged and is back on the job?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 am
You don’t know why charges were dropped ref JB, and you don’t know why the officer wasn’t charged.

Huh.

- Doc
Ok let me try to not view all Democrats monolithically. Why do you Doc Cam think Rusty Sheskey was never charged and is back on the job?
Because the DA reviewed the results of the investigation and found the officer acted within the law, his police training, and felt he couldn’t get a conviction if he brought the officer(s) to trial.

Here’s a link to the investigation no one will read:

https://www.kenoshacounty.org/DocumentC ... acob-Blake

However, there’s a clue on page 33 as to why the DA was disinclined to believe JB’s claim that he was just trying to put the knife away.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 am
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 am

Because the DA reviewed the results of the investigation and found the officer acted within the law, his police training, and felt he couldn’t get a conviction if he brought the officer(s) to trial.

Here’s a link to the investigation no one will read:

https://www.kenoshacounty.org/DocumentC ... acob-Blake

However, there’s a clue on page 33 as to why the DA was disinclined to believe JB’s claim that he was just trying to put the knife away.

- Doc
You know I can't resist the chance to prove you wrong, so I read it. :lol: Seriously, thanks for digging that up and posting a link. I have no quarrel with the prosecutor's decision not to charge. The report answered a question that I had wondered about during the Rittenhouse discussion: when a defendant asserts a self defense privilege, who has the burden to prove what. The answer is, once the defendant presents some credible evidence to support self-defense, the state has the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt to prove that the defendant did not act in self defense. That's a tough burden, and helps explain both the jury's verdict in the Rittenhouse case and the prosecutor's decision not to charge the officers. Blake changed his story about the knife, and his story is contradicted on important issues by both his cell phone texts and the audio on the cell phone video.

The noncooperation of key witnesses, including the disappearance of Blake's ex-wife, would have left a huge hole in the prosecution's case.

The case that the prosecution would have been able to put on would have been orders of magnitude weaker than the case against Rittenhouse.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jacob Blake’s claims would also, almost certainly, be challenged based on allegations of his prior conduct
because, in 2010, Jacob Blake was alleged to have attacked a police officer with a knife while
resisting police.
According to a report from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department, on August 5, 2010
at 12:40 am in Des Plaines, IL, Jacob Blake was in a vehicle that had been stopped by the
Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department. There were three occupants in the vehicle
including Jacob Blake. During the traffic stop, Jacob Blake and the other passenger exited
the vehicle and approached the officer who had conducted the traffic stop, Officer Murphy.
Officer Murphy ordered Jacob Blake and the other passenger to get back inside the vehicle,
but they refused. Officer Murphy drew his weapon and Jacob Blake and the passenger
retreated back inside the vehicle as backup arrived. After the backup officer arrived, Jacob
Blake again exited the vehicle. Both officers attempted to secure Jacob Blake and a struggle
ensued. Jacob Blake became combative and attempted to resist. As one of the officers
struggled to maintain control of Jacob Blake’s right hand, Jacob Blake reached near his
waistline with his left hand and produced a buck knife with a three inch blade with the blade
open. Jacob Blake then slashed at the officer with the knife across the chest without making
contact as the officer jumped back shouting, “knife, knife, knife,” to alert Officer Murphy. Both
officers moved back and unholstered their firearms. Jacob Blake began to wave the knife
around in a slashing motion with the knife in his right hand. Jacob Blake advanced towards
the officers while shouting, “Come on and shoot me then.” More officers arrived and one of
the arriving officers gave Jacob Blake verbal commands to drop the knife. Jacob Blake
refused to drop the knife and was subsequently tased. Even after being tased, Jacob Blake
actively resisted as officers attempted to place him in custody. Jacob Blake was tased again
and the officers were able to take him into custody.
Thanks for the quote DocCam. I had never heard this part before.

Let me ask you this DocCam. In your opinion should Officer Rusty Sheskey still be on the job as a policeman?