Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What do you say when a jenius claims White genocide is underway?

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:44 am
Good Lord the jenius is really living up to his handle. Good thing for him he’s so goddamn dumb that his brain doesn’t have room for shame. Kinda like his fetish’s own noggin.

- Doc
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I have the jenius on Ignore, so I don’t know what it’s saying. Here’s a picture of a happy White couple:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:06 pm
I have the jenius on Ignore, so I don’t know what it’s saying.
He’s throwing a fit because his fake quote was found out, which blew his argument.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:59 pm

. . . would you say that if the majority chooses communism that this is democracy. To me this is democracy but it's not liberty.
You may find this shocking, but I would rather live in a democratically elected communist type government that respects the rights of minorities and the right to freedom of speech and religion than in any kind of tyranny, whether left wing or right wing. If the majority of the people freely elected a communist style government that actually respected the will of the electorate, they would have the capability and the opportunity to vote it out again or modify it when they learn it is not working as well as they hoped (which they would likely eventually find to be the case). What was truly terrible about the failed and failing communist regimes like North Korea, the Soviet Union and Cuba was due more to the fact that they were absolute despotisms than to their choice of economic system. However, a hard right authoritarian tyranny can be every bit as terrible or worse than any communist tyranny. I don't believe that individual liberty necessarily has to be unjustly compromised in a popularly elected and ruled communistic style country, whose citizens genuinely care for each other and respect the rule of law and each other's rights.

Take the example of the freely, popularly, and legitimately elected communist administration of Salvador Allende in Chile. USA conservatives were so alarmed by the fact that he was a Marxist, that our CIA was ordered to help engineer a coup to overturn Allende's government and put the brutal, right wing dictator Augusto Pinochet in his place. His regime was far worse than Allende's administration could ever have been, and resulted in so much corruption, violation of human rights and murder that he was eventually arrested, deposed and charged with hundreds of very serious crimes.

I don't think our government ever has the right to forcibly overturn the freely elected government of any other country, regardless of what we think of their politics or chosen economic system. Yet we have been guilty of that more than once, and usually to the great detriment of that country and its citizens, and almost always for the sole benefit of greedy, immensely wealthy U.S Corporations and donors to highly conservative (usually, that is, but not always) politicians and causes.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 pm
a democratically elected communist type government that respects the rights of minorities and the right to freedom of speech and religion
I am sure you realise that for ajax that is the equivalent to referring to 'a bucket full of hot ice'.

And although you do cite one example of such a thing, the combination you mention does seem to be rather rare in the historical record. Perhaps you might agree that you are not talking about a government that establishes a communist system of society (the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange; from each according to their ability and from each according to their needs), but more about a government run by people who are Marxists - which is a rather different thing altogether, and is not necessarily incompatible with (say) the continuation of private property and private enterprise.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

You may find this shocking, but I would rather live in a democratically elected communist type government
No I don't find it shocking.

that respects the rights of minorities and the right to freedom of speech and religion
I guess you mean racial minorities or gays. But free speech doesn't mean you'd allow diversity in political opinion. So things like Fox News, Parler, etc. would have to be deplatformed, right?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I think the thing that Conservatives get hung up on is that their ideology is working for them, and therefore it should work for everyone else. When they don’t get their way they demonize the other with stuff like this (I just popped into /pol/ to see what I could use and of damned course voila):

They don’t see the irony in their own Big Lie they must uphold by not speaking truth to their own shortcomings, venality, deceitfulness, and hypocrisy.

For example, on the same thread where I got the picture above they post a pictures of the Belgium Health Minister as a supporting point, while not acknowledging they have to turn their own hero who is morbidly obese into a photoshopped strong man or a buffed cartoon character because reality undermines their fantasy world.

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Also, Parler is a Russian thing:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/davetroy/sta ... 1936454663

For all their Gyna Gyna Gyna kvetching, Conservos here are really, really comfortable with Russia all of a sudden. :/

Once again for Xanax and the jenius to review:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundat ... eopolitics

- Doc
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

There's a temptation to give the Trump idiots a slight pass because we all know they've been conned, but here's the thing: it's an obvious damned con. If you've been conned by Trump, you are a damned moron, because the con has never been so blatantly obvious.

If people like Trump, they have signed up for BS, and most of them likely know it but are lying to themselves. That's some pretty moronic behavior.

So, yeah... I have no sympathy for the willingly misinformed Trump moron. They are a menace and a burden on society.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.