Donald Trump Inmpeached Again

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Donald Trump Inmpeached Again

Post by Philo Sofee »

Just saw this on CNN, an actual news station......
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Donald Trump Inmpeached Again

Post by Jersey Girl »

Yeah it was announced earlier today. So...people are now saying this new on-camera statement that he's made is to soften the Senate from going forward with conviction.

Listen. It's too late for any of us to buy into his rocking back and forth on this. He's FOS and everyone knows it. One minute he's whipping up a crowd into a frenzy, then when he's getting calls to send in the Nat'l Guard--he's too busy watching the melee on TV (doesn't give a damn that his own VP could be killed), then he's in Texas saying how "a lot of people" :roll: looked at his statements during the rally and said they were appropriate, and then he changes his tune in a written statement and now on camera.

He needs to pack his bags, gtfo, take his rock and rolling to Florida and await charges and trial--state and federal.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I think the most remarkable thing about Trump being impeached twice is not what it says about Trump, but what it says about our current senate. The only way a President can be impeached twice is if the senate refuses to convict the President for his crimes the first time, giving him the chance to commit more crimes in order to be impeached again.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

This is a copy of the OP post from the thread I deleted when Schmo created new thread on same topic

Here's how the House voted on Trump's second impeachment
Article I: ‘Willful incitement of insurrection’

Ten Republicans broke with their party to join Democrats.

Full list - Here’s how each representative voted.
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/trump-second-impeachment-vote-count-house-results-list/

Last edited by Nomomo on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Donald Trump blasts impeachment hearing as 'witch hunt
https://youtu.be/DLy0jqWhbqU
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am
I think the most remarkable thing about Trump being impeached twice is not what it says about Trump, but what it says about our current senate. The only way a President can be impeached twice is if the senate refuses to convict the President for his crimes the first time, giving him the chance to commit more crimes in order to be impeached again.
One of the only good things to result from the 1st Impeachment effort, is that for quite some time, future Presidents running for a second term are going to be very wary of, and will be very unlikely to ask for dirt (or other forms of help) on their opponent from the government of another nation.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

House Votes To Impeach And McConnell Provides Cover For GOP Senators To Break With The President
https://youtu.be/8SAjtHL0LTs
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Donald Trump Impeached Again

Post by MeDotOrg »

There have been five Presidential impeachments in the history of the United States. There were 105 years between the first and second, but only 47 years between the second and the fifth.

In 1973, I was in my early 20's. A lot of my memories were defined by the limits of the media landscape at the time. No 24 hour cable news, no internet. My primary sources of information were print media and network television. I read All the President's Men, and closely watched the impeachment hearings. What I remember was the seriousness, the gravitas, of both Democrats and Republicans. The process made me proud to be an American. There was a genuine sense of duty from Representatives on both sides of the aisle, and a genuine quest for facts and how they related to the Constitution.

Since then there have been 3 more impeachments. Yesterday I watched a little of the coverage, but spent a lot of the day on my bicycle, ignoring the proceedings. Why? Partly because with 24 hour cable or YouTube, I can watch it when it want. In 1973, if you missed it, you missed it. I know that if there are great speeches I'll be able to see them.

Nixon's resignation came shortly after the tapes were revealed, and their contents cut Nixon supporters to the bone. I still remember Charles Wiggins, a passionate Nixon supporter, speaking with tears in his eyes:
...with great reluctance and deep personal sorrow, I am prepared to conclude that the magnificent career of public service of Richard Nixon must be terminated involuntarily.
I had thought Nixon should go for a while, but watching Charles Wiggins, I saw the personal struggle of one man trying to come to grips with the facts, no matter how they impacted personal loyalty. I disagreed vehmently with Wiggins on many issues, but on the issue of impeachment I saw a man trying to do his duty under the Constitution. Breaking with Richard Nixon broke his heart, but he did his duty.

Republicans! That thing you feel twitching? That's your conscience. I get the feeling that there a lot of people who are uncomfortably listening to their conscience while still putting their finger to the wind, especially since body armour is considered the order of the day for RINO traitors. That's one thing the GOP had going for them in Nixon impeachment: no one was threatening to shoot you for voting for impeachent.

In the 47 years between Nixon and Trump II, times have become less civilized. Going against a mob calls for more personal courage. But the thing to understand about Trump is that after January 20th, any power he wields must be given to him. If you go against Trump, there will be hell to pay in the next weeks and months, but there are two years between now and the next election.

During that time, his personal power will be waning. What I am more worried about is the militia underground he has awakened, and the ties of those people to any current members of Congress.

P.S. Just heard the National Mall will be closed for the Inauguration. This will be Sean Spicer's greatest challenge ever.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Franklin Graham is not happy with the ten Republicans having voted to Impeach Trump. What is with it with some of these Evangelists still supporting Trump??? This irritates me.
Evangelist Franklin Graham compared 10 members of the GOP to Judas Iscariot on Thursday after they voted to approve President Donald Trump's second impeachment.

Graham, the head of the non-profit organization Samaritan's Purse, has been a longtime supporter of Trump's presidency. Rifts between the evangelical community and Trump have developed after recent events, including a January riot at the U.S. Capitol. Trump's impeachment in the aftermath of the riot at the U.S. Capitol did not change Graham's support of the president, leading Graham to draw parallels between Trump's impeachment and the betrayal of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible.

"Shame, shame on the ten Republicans who joined with @SpeakerPelosi & the House Democrats in impeaching President Trump yesterday," Graham tweeted. "After all that he has done for our country, you would turn your back & betray him so quickly? What was done yesterday only further divides our nation."

Graham elaborated on his opinion in a Thursday Facebook post, detailing why he believed Trump was actually impeached.

https://www.newsweek.com/franklin-graha ... 1809?amp=1