Who gets an invite to the Pardon Party?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Who gets an invite to the Pardon Party?

Post by MeDotOrg »

We're getting down to brass tacks, as my father would say. This is like Trump's version of The Batchelor, but instead of a rose, you get a pardon.

⬜ Donald Trump
⬜ Ivanka
⬜ Don Jr.
⬜ Eric
⬜ Rudy Giuliani
⬜ Steve Bannon
⬜ The Central Park 5
⬜ Rosie O'Donnell

I think the list could be huge or it could be small, depending on Trump's mood that day. I think the only thing that will hold him back on pardoning would be that the person had not been sufficiently loyal, or that the pardon itself could hurt Trump in some direct way his post-presidential period.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Who gets an invite to the Pardon Party?

Post by Philo Sofee »

And the Lord told DonMoses.....Let my people go! And thus DonMoses, obeying the Lord parted the Washington Dee Sea and forthwith excourted the Lord's special chosen people safely to the promised land...
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

See this list of yours?

Donald Trump
⬜ Ivanka
⬜ Don Jr.
⬜ Eric
⬜ Rudy Giuliani
⬜ Steve Bannon

These are folks who if pardoned and called to testify in a trial against DJT or each other, will lose their right to plead the 5th. Think SDNY for a second.

Think about how stupid that would be.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

I think Giuliani is off that list now, unless Trump is frightened by his knowledge of what Giuliani has by way of the 'insurance' he referred to ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Some indicators are that the Pardon Party will pay-to-play, if Trump chooses to monetize the last of his shrinking powers. There's a report that Trump is asking for $2 million for a Giuliani Pardon. If true, Rudy has been kicked off the friends and family plan.

I think Trump is holding back the pardons to piss off as many people as possible by the timing of their release. I think he will do it as close as possible to Biden's inauguration, just to see if he can move the coverage away. Maybe he will do it tonight so that it can be the lead in the week's news cycle.
Last edited by MeDotOrg on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Did he already pardon those dudes who murdered a bunch of women and children in, what, Iraq?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:11 pm
Did he already pardon those dudes who murdered a bunch of women and children in, what, Iraq?

- Doc
Yeah, but I think we're looking at friends and whatever you call Steve Bannon.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I suspect the Capitol Insurrectionists and some wealthy criminals passing money to Trump Enterprises will also be on that list. This would be a good time for Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd to pass some bitcoins to Trump in exchange for a pardon and policy reversal.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

what is the baTchelor?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.