Honest question for the left

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Honest question for the left

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:57 pm

Have you written checks to the government to support the higher taxes required to build Trump’s wall, or increase defense spending?
We tried to pay for the wall by private donation but we weren't even allowed to do that.

In fact, you were ‘allowed’ to do that. It didn’t go well.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/21/90450222 ... ng-charges

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/12 ... l-private/

It still doesn't answer the question. Why wait for a law to be passed to pay more taxes?
You start here by assuming that all folks who cast a vote for a Democratic Party candidate “want more taxes”. I’ve known a few folks in that voting category and none of them have either stated a preference for more taxes, or an urge to insist on less taxes. Rather, ‘taxes’ are just one part of a much larger collection of issues that may concern them, and part of the social/financial contract that helps define their concept of America. They don’t choose their candidates solely on this single issue. After watching both the situation in Kansas in recent years, and Trump’s pushing of debt to record highs, their approach seems more realistic than believing that “lower taxes” is always the panacea for individual voter angst.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:59 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 pm
ajax, serious question. Do you invest in a 401k, with some portion of either pre- or post-tax pay?
Yeah
Are you able to add your contributions ‘pre tax’? And do you fund it aggressively?
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:33 pm

Good Lord Trumpers are damned retarded.

- Doc
sez the dusty guy that voted for sleepy joe and still screams Russia!
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm
sleepy joe
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My goodness, if that landslide defeat* was what Biden inflicted on Trump while he was asleep, little Donald can count himself lucky that he wasn't awake!

*i.e. the precise reversal of the 'landslide' electoral college win Trump claimed in 2016, plus a whacking great win in the popular vote, instead of Trump's sizeable 2016 defeat in the popular vote.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:24 pm
subgenius wrote:
sleepy joe
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My goodness, if that landslide defeat* was what Biden inflicted on Trump while he was asleep, little Donald can count himself lucky that he wasn't awake!
Then there’s this ‘Presidential’ schedule, which has remained unchanged for days and days:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErGHyKLXUAATSrY.jpg

Translation: “The President will be watching OANN, napping, and sobbing uncontrollably into his Happy Meals all day, and until late in the evening.”
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Chap wrote:
subgenius wrote:
sleepy joe

no mentally capable adult believes that.
Chap wrote:
*i.e. the precise reversal of the 'landslide' electoral college win Trump claimed in 2016, plus a whacking great win in the popular vote, instead of Trump's sizeable 2016 defeat in the popular vote.
Trump's 75m to Biden's 68m does not seem to match your reality.
But maybe your "landslide" characterization is based upon your conclusion that a record breaking candidate won the most secure election?
all while being less popular than the former President whom he supposedly shattered in the polls?

18% Trump
15% Obama (cool fact, among Democrats Obama got 32% to Biden's 13%...but yeah record breaking)
06% Biden
03% Fauci
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm

Translation: “The President will be watching OANN, napping, and sobbing uncontrollably into his Happy Meals all day, and until late in the evening.”
so the sudafed addiction does not have legs with you anymore?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

subgenius wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 pm
You meant Biden's 81 million to Trump's 74 million. Or, you were saying something about alternative realities?
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 pm
subgenius wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 pm
You meant Biden's 81 million to Trump's 74 million. Or, you were saying something about alternative realities?