SHADES! Wishing DEATH violates our rules, right?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: SHADES! Wishing DEATH violates our rules, right?

Post by Some Schmo »

It doesn't seem like Icarus hoping for a god to end ajax's life is that big a deal when Icarus doesn't much seem to believe a god actually exists.

It's possible people are blowing this out of proportion. And it's not like ajax isn't wishing for others to die. All's fair in love and misinformation.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 am
It doesn't seem like Icarus hoping for a god to end ajax's life is that big a deal when Icarus doesn't much seem to believe a god actually exists.

It's possible people are blowing this out of proportion. And it's not like ajax isn't wishing for others to die. All's fair in love and misinformation.
Ajax posted a statement like this?
Icarus wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:48 pm
Better yet, just die already.

Do you have a link? I'll report it also, along with Icarus' multiple such posts. Wishing death on another human being should not be part of all that is "fair."
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 am
The Smokey invasion was along those lines, ...
At times, it made me wish to see him breathed on by one of those Ming Dinosaurs (special luck in the years of the rooster, ox, pig, rabbit, penguin, and panda).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:27 am
All's fair in love and misinformation.
My contention for some time is this is exactly the problem belief. Put another way, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Hey, Dr. Shades!

There are STILL multiple reports outstanding on posts from January where Icarus is wishing death on people (see the OP) and now he has started up again, under his new name:
Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:30 pm
You're an idiot and a waste of oxygen. Humanity will be so much better off when you're dead.
I've reported that post as well, so can you PLEASE make a damned decision? if you find it acceptable for people to wish others dead, then close out the reports and have the everloving guts to say outright that wishing people were dead does not violate any of our rules.

It's bad enough you are letting the trolls take over, and I know full well from your jubilee decision that you prefer the dubious entertainment value that they provide, but please. Can we draw the line at wishing people dead, or not?
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Lem wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:07 pm
Hey, Dr. Shades!

There are STILL multiple reports outstanding on posts from January where Icarus is wishing death on people (see the opening post) and now he has started up again, under his new name:
Hawkeye wrote:
You're an idiot and a waste of oxygen. Humanity will be so much better off when you're dead.
I've reported that post as well, so can you PLEASE make a damned decision? if you find it acceptable for people to wish others dead, then close out the reports and have the everloving guts to say outright that wishing people were dead does not violate any of our rules.

It's bad enough you are letting the trolls take over, and I know full well from your jubilee decision that you prefer the dubious entertainment value that they provide, but please. Can we draw the line at wishing people dead, or not?
Where is the link to that citation from "Hawkeye"? Because that sure as hell it isn't me.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Lem wrote:
Hey, Dr. Shades!

There are STILL multiple reports outstanding on posts from January where Icarus is wishing death on people (see the opening post) and now he has started up again, under his new name:
Hawkeye wrote:

Um, these recent posts from "Hawkeye" are from the same trolls. It isn't me.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Ok. Sure. :roll:
Here’s an amended request.
Lem wrote:
Hey, Dr. Shades!

There are STILL multiple reports outstanding on posts from January where Icarus is wishing death on people (see the OP) and now Hawkeye, a new poster, has followed in Icarus’ footsteps, using very similar language:
Hawkeye wrote:

Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Icarus never "wished death on people." You're being disingenuous and hyperbolic for effect.
Last edited by Icarus on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I don't know what to say any more. I put out a non-official call for mods here in Paradise and it doesn't seem like people give a damn. Lem you are someone who frequents Terrestrial. Do you see these kinds of shenanigans happening there?

Also, I tried to message you earlier today and your messages are shut off. I hope that you are just shutting out the noise and that I haven't offended you in some way.

Anyway, yeah. This place is standing at the precipice of hell. Any newcomer who has lurked prior would think there weren't any rules here at all.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!