SHADES! Wishing DEATH violates our rules, right?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

Re: SHADES! Wishing DEATH violates our rules, right?

Post by Icarus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:01 pm
I don't know what to say any more. I put out a non-official call for mods here in Paradise and it doesn't seem like people give a damn. Lem you are someone who frequents Terrestrial. Do you see these kinds of shenanigans happening there?

Also, I tried to message you earlier today and your messages are shut off. I hope that you are just shutting out the noise and that I haven't offended you in some way.

Anyway, yeah. This place is standing at the precipice of hell. Any newcomer who has lurked prior would think there weren't any rules here at all.
What happened to all those folks who were donating money to keep this forum running? No one wants to step up to be a mod?

I'm still depressed that roughly two decades of archived discussions are lost to us forever. That happened without any warning.

Sometimes I wish I had never given up the forum I was operating when this board was created. It was called "Mormon Think Tank." It was a very nice forum that gave posters all sorts of customizable options for their accounts. I created it after ZLMB went to crap and people were upset with the mods at MADD. It had far more traffic than this forum but I gave it up after my apostasy caused my interest in Mormon theology to take a nosedive, and also because Shades was upset about folks posting more on the other board.

But none of us has any idea that everything we'd be posting would be lost to us forever simply because the real owner of the board was some roommate of Shades he lost touch with. And now here we are with the board's second chance at life, but given how things have been going lately, you have to wonder if this board has any kind of future at all. It still has the same useless search engine.
Last edited by Icarus on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

FYI. I wasn't going to post this publicly but I might as well. Shades was on the board in the wee hours. It's possible he was here earlier today...I dunno. All I know is that a total of 2 posts were removed from Outer Darkness. I don't see that any other forms of moderator actions were taken.

But that is just an overview skim of the board. There aren't any splits or edits that I can see. They could be there but I usually have one ear to the ground as I watch what is going on around here.

Shades if you aren't well or are too busy, put out a call for mods in Terrestrial. with regard to to wishing death on someone. At this rate (and I've said this before I know) a poster here could threaten to kill another poster, hunt the poster down and post a video here of them actually killing the person.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 pm
Shades if you aren't well or are too busy, put out a call for mods in Terrestrial. with regard to to wishing death on someone. At this rate (and I've said this before I know) a poster here could threaten to kill another poster, hunt the poster down and post a video here of them actually killing the person.

I would only add that there is a huge gap between 1) suggesting a relic of Jim Crow, someone who is already in his last years on earth, just go ahead and do the world a favor by letting nature take its course and 2) threatening to actually KILL that person.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
FYI. I wasn't going to post this publicly but I might as well. Shades was on the board in the wee hours. It's possible he was here earlier today...I dunno. All I know is that a total of 2 posts were removed from Outer Darkness. I don't see that any other forms of moderator actions were taken.

But that is just an overview skim of the board. There aren't any splits or edits that I can see. They could be there but I usually have one ear to the ground as I watch what is going on around here.

I've said three times now, let's stop insulting each other and I'm willing to do just that on my end. But you have two people right now, Icarus and Doc Cam who are just down right mean. They've been here forever. I have now heard from four other posters through messages that this place is a crap hole and I might as we'll find somewhere else to post. That nothing will change here and it will always be this way. That I'm just waisting my time. I find it funny that some of you are blaiming it on "trolls" when this board was screwed up way before me or the other guy got here.
AGAIN!!! since there's only about a dozen posters on this forum that actually post, why not agree to stop all personal insults???? Just try it for a week, see what happens. We don't need Dr. Shades to stop us from insulting each other, for Christ sake, it's not that hard to stop insulting people.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:28 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

I've said three times now, let's stop insulting each other and I'm willing to do just that on my end. But you have two people right now, Icarus and Doc Cam who are just down right mean. They've been here forever. I have now heard from four other posters through messages that this place is a crap hole and I might as we'll find somewhere else to post. That nothing will change here and it will always be this way. That I'm just waisting my time. I find it funny that some of you are blaiming it on "trolls" when this board was screwed up way before me or the other guy got here.
AGAIN!!! since there's only about a dozen posters on this forum that actually post, why not agree to stop all personal insults???? Just try it for a week, see what happens. We don't need Dr. Shades to stop us from insulting each other, for Christ sake, it's not that hard to stop insulting people.
Uh, no. Things have been relatively peaceful actually until the trolls arrived over the past few weeks. We're now discussing death threats on three different threads. Why? Because one of you decided to do whatever he could to cause contention. As far as being mean... Seriously?
5ihzkh.jpg
5ihzkh.jpg (68.1 KiB) Viewed 922 times