Why are memes so effective with the Right?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Why are memes so effective with the Right?

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:47 am
I didn't say "stupid", subs, I said "easily influenced".
If he had to engage the actual argument, subs would fail, so it’s necessary for him to set up a straw man argument, argue against that, and fail.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

There is NO WAY subjenius read Gad’s ‘wordy affirmation.’ Believe someone when they tell you who they are. Subjenius literally admitted to not reading posts he has to scroll through. If he had the mental wherewithal he would’ve read Gad’s response and realized his error. He didn’t, and thus we got another object lesson by a brain with the surface area of a ball bearing posting over and over and over inane and dopey posts.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:33 am
If he had the mental wherewithal he would’ve read Gad’s response and realized his error. He didn’t, and thus we got another object lesson by a brain with the surface area of a ball bearing posting over and over and over inane and dopey posts.

- Doc
Reminds me of something Jed Clampett once said about Jethro:
If'n that boy's brains were a made outta lard, I don't believe they'd grease too big a pan
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:49 am
subgenius wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:07 am

Yeah, brevity is most effective on dumb people...thanks for being long winded with your condescension, so refreshing, and so much better than a punchline.
Then, credit goes to Gad for trying not to pander to your base capabilities, but he was apparently too optimistic.
See also the part you left out of my quote here.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 pm
See also the part you left out of my quote here.
I did. Feel free to discuss.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:

Cam wondered why the religious right is so easily influenced. He didn't wonder why they were "so good at creating memes". It is you who sidestepped.

As my long-winded response showed, the religious right isn't that great at creating memes. They are good at being suckered by them. A good friend of mine -- who I mentioned in another post -- at one time had a NASA scholarship. He is one of those individual who a) sucks at creating his own memes b) is easily influenced by memes c) has a high native intelligence.
Gad, I am both amused and gratified by how thoroughly you "owned" subgenius, and additionally amused by how clueless he is that you did! :lol: Congratulations!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Nomomo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:27 am
Reminds me of something Jed Clampett once said about Jethro:
If'n that boy's brains were a made outta lard, I don't believe they'd grease too big a pan
[/quote]
:lol: Or how about this one (not by Jed Clampett, as far as I know, but I find it amusing)
If that guy's brains were made of dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his nose.
Not that I would actually ever accuse subby or anyone else of being that stupid, of course. ;)
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Gadianton wrote:

Cam wondered why the religious right is so easily influenced. He didn't wonder why they were "so good at creating memes". It is you who sidestepped.

As my long-winded response showed, the religious right isn't that great at creating memes. They are good at being suckered by them. A good friend of mine -- who I mentioned in another post -- at one time had a NASA scholarship. He is one of those individual who a) sucks at creating his own memes b) is easily influenced by memes c) has a high native intelligence.
Gad states:
Let's go back to Dr. Cam's OP title: Why are memes so effective with the Right?
The question is why the Right is so easily influenced by memes
Oh, ok then let us then revisit the OP -
from the OP:
why memes are so goddamn effective on dim people
(emphasis mine)

awkward....and my point on the left being lousy at making memes was specifically as the cause for the left's motivation for dismissing them, and not as a counter-argument to the OP's arrogant assertions.

so, now its your turn...
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Well, subs - at least you’re aware that your initial straw man has been dismantled, as you have now found a new and different hill to die on.

subgenius wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:27 pm
Gad states:
Let's go back to Dr. Cam's OP title: Why are memes so effective with the Right?
The question is why the Right is so easily influenced by memes
Oh, ok then let us then revisit the OP -
from the OP:
why memes are so goddamn effective on dim people
(emphasis mine)

awkward....
Indeed, awkward... because it isn’t Gad or Doc who wants to equate the classes,’dim people’ and ‘the Right’ with full overlap, as the two aren’t always one and the same. It’s you.

Maybe your subconscious is directing you into this sort of comprehension mishap for a reason. : )
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Indeed, awkward... because it isn’t Gad or Doc who wants to equate the classes,’dim people’ and ‘the Right’ with full overlap, as the two aren’t always one and the same. It’s you.
Yes, clearly the OP was in no way equating the Right and dim people when the OP equated the Right and dim people...thanks for your rigorous rationale.