Is Dr. Shades [a] Trumpster?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

Is Dr. Shades a Trumpster?

No, he just plays one on TV
38%
Yes, Definitely
25%
Shhh..., He doesn't want anyone to know
38%

Total votes: 8

Nomomo
Priest

Is Dr. Shades [a] Trumpster?

Post by Nomomo »

Poll
Last edited by Nomomo on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nomomo
Priest

Re: Is Dr. Shades Trumpster?

Post by Nomomo »

I'm really not an asshole, just havin' some fun with Dr. Shades sometimes strange asinine political positions.
Last edited by Nomomo on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Is Shades in the running for Official Tweet Checker in the second term? There would be no covfefe under Shades' watchful eye. On the other hand, if Trump were to choose a faithful LDS apologist, there could be a redefinition of covfefe, which might also be something for Trump to consider. Either way, good luck to both of them.

If Shades were to succeed, that might mean Perfume could perform at the Trump Inaugural along with the Choir from Temple Square.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Is Dr. Shades Trumpster?
He hasn't done anything to dispute that idea.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:43 am
Is Dr. Shades Trumpster?
He hasn't done anything to dispute that idea.
We may be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Come on Shades, tell us what a huge gawdammned asshole Trump is, or forever be known as a damned moron Trump supporter.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Put it this way: I voted for the Libertarian candidate for President in both the 2016 and the 2020 elections.

Beyond that, I'm politically apathetic. I think Donald Trump is merely more brazen than other politicians; the only difference between him and them is that they all hide it better.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:49 am
Put it this way: I voted for the Libertarian candidate for President in both the 2016 and the 2020 elections.
I guessing that Dr. Peterson also voted this way. Trump will sweep Utah no matter what, since his values coincide with the majority of the Church.

Trump is pretty much an aberration no matter how cynical you are about politics. Internationally, no one regarded the American President as a clown before Trump. Now, even our allies would prefer Pennywise to Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Richardmdborn
Nursery

Post by Richardmdborn »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:17 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
I guessing that Dr. Peterson also voted this way. Trump will sweep Utah no matter what, since his values coincide with the majority of the Church.

Trump is pretty much an aberration no matter how cynical you are about politics. Internationally, no one regarded the American President as a clown before Trump. Now, even our allies would prefer Pennywise to Trump.
My wife met Obama in her office at WBEZ in 1996. They talked for fifteen minutes and she thought he was the biggest phony she’d ever met.

I doubt if the Poles agree with you. Obama cancelled the missile defense complex in Poland on September 17th, 2009. That was the 70th anniversary of the Soviet attack on Poland. He really knew how to insult our allies.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Richardmdborn wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:53 am
He really knew how to insult our allies.
Boy, your wife must really be unhappy with the current phony in office who also really knows how to insult our allies!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
I think Donald Trump is merely more brazen than other politicians; the only difference between him and them is that they all hide it better.
That would make you a horrible judge of character.

The biggest difference between Trump and everyone else is his stark lack of competence, not his idiotic brazenness.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.