Cutting down *all* the trees in your yard

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Cutting down *all* the trees in your yard

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:52 pm
I do love trees, actually. I just don't like being responsible for them.
Do you realize that puts you into agreement with me? Do you care to change your position?
My position is based on experience, not on what others think on the subject. Why would I change my mind simply because you agree? Broken clocks and blind squirrels come to mind.

We agree on a lot more than you think, ajax. I think if you tried harder to be honest with yourself, over time it would become self-evident.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:35 pm
Our next door neighbor has cut down all the mature trees in his yard, with the last one, a beautiful tree, on the chopping block right now.
Can someone tell me what possesses someone to cut down *all* the trees in their yard?
Maybe they think you're sexy and the trees were in their way of being able to see in your windows. Maybe they enjoy global warming and cut them down in hopes of raising the temperature in your area. Maybe a squirrel pissed them off. Maybe one of the kids lost a drone in a tree and he didn't know which one so he cut all the trees down to find it. Maybe they have a newborn scared of shadows. Maybe they're pasty white and since white people are getting such bad publicity these days they're going to start sunbathing so they look more "ethnic". Maybe they watched Harry Potter and the prisoner if Azkaban and have continuing nightmares of trees coming to life like the wimping Willow. Maybe they bought a helicopter. Maybe they communicate with aliens and they need a bigger area to land a space ship. Maybe they cut them down to piss you off.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:58 am
msnobody wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:35 pm
Our next door neighbor has cut down all the mature trees in his yard, with the last one, a beautiful tree, on the chopping block right now.
Can someone tell me what possesses someone to cut down *all* the trees in their yard?
Maybe they think you're sexy and the trees were in their way of being able to see in your windows. Maybe they enjoy global warming and cut them down in hopes of raising the temperature in your area. Maybe a squirrel pissed them off. Maybe one of the kids lost a drone in a tree and he didn't know which one so he cut all the trees down to find it. Maybe they have a newborn scared of shadows. Maybe they're pasty white and since white people are getting such bad publicity these days they're going to start sunbathing so they look more "ethnic". Maybe they watched Harry Potter and the prisoner if Azkaban and have continuing nightmares of trees coming to life like the wimping Willow. Maybe they bought a helicopter. Maybe they communicate with aliens and they need a bigger area to land a space ship. Maybe they cut them down to piss you off.
Maybe so. The possibilities are endless.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

JohnEmy wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:28 am
As Indian cities are growing on at a fast pace, hundreds of trees are being cut down every month to accommodate new buildings, hoardings Buy Felling Wedges. Two plastic felling wedges will prevent your saw from getting pinched during a cut. You can find these at any outdoor power.
My information from an acquaintance trained in tree felling techniques at a professional level is that anybody without that training who buys a chainsaw and then sets out to fell a largish tree may have very unpleasant experiences near the end of the process - involving the chainsaw being thrown back into their face by the release of stress energy that has built up in the last remaining part of the trunk to be severed.

And a chainsaw in the face is not at all good for the complexion. Please be careful folks - or call in someone who has the relevant training and experience.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.