I'd like a word with the designer....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

I'd like a word with the designer....

Post by Res Ipsa »

Actually three words: Kidney Stones. Really?

That is all.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: I'd like a word with the designer....

Post by Jersey Girl »

:o I've heard those are very painful. So sorry!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:24 am
I can certainly vouch for that! Having kidney stones is the most intensely painful experience I ever had in my life. One of the nurses at the hospital who had previously experienced them herself said they were more painful than her worst childbirth experience. Gallstones, they say, can be just as bad or even worse. Fortunately I have never had that experience!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
I can certainly vouch for that! Having kidney stones is the most intensely painful experience I ever had in my life. One of the nurses at the hospital who had previously experienced them herself said they were more painful than her worst childbirth experience. Gallstones, they say, can be just as bad or even worse. Fortunately I have never had that experience!
Yeah what Gunnar said. My dad had a horrible experience with them years ago. Even knowing what he went through, I didn’t anticipate what intense and relentless pain would feel like. On the other hand, I did get a sampler of Modern pain medication...
he/him

Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
I have had gallstones before.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yikes. I don’t even want to think about gallstones.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:07 am
On the other hand, I did get a sampler of Modern pain medication...
Any morphine?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:41 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
On the other hand, I did get a sampler of Modern pain medication...
Any morphine?
Fentanyl in the ambulance, Dilauded (sp?) at the hospital (so, yes, morphine), and Oxycodone at home. The morphine was like being washed over by a wave of relief. The fentanyl was slow, gentle relief, as if the pain receded slowly into the distance. But it was really short-lived. Oxy and I don’t get along. It’s slow to kick in and doesn’t last nearly as long as it’s supposed to. I hate taking it.

Been pain free since late morning, so either it crumbled or I passed it. I don’t need to ever do that again.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:38 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:41 am

Any morphine?
Fentanyl in the ambulance, Dilauded (sp?) at the hospital (so, yes, morphine), and Oxycodone at home. The morphine was like being washed over by a wave of relief. The fentanyl was slow, gentle relief, as if the pain receded slowly into the distance. But it was really short-lived. Oxy and I don’t get along. It’s slow to kick in and doesn’t last nearly as long as it’s supposed to. I hate taking it.

Been pain free since late morning, so either it crumbled or I passed it. I don’t need to ever do that again.
Dilaudid isn't morphine. It's stronger than morphine. :mrgreen: Maybe one day I'll get to try it but I hope not. But wow, you had some high powered drugs on board!

My favorite drugs of all time are morphine and propofol, but my experience is limited in that regard. I think if given the right (or wrong) conditions I could easily become addicted to morphine. It was like being wrapped in a warm little cotton ball. I loved having propofol because it just shuts you OFF.

So happy to hear you are on the mend! Don't do that again, k?

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Yeah what Gunnar said. My dad had a horrible experience with them years ago. Even knowing what he went through, I didn’t anticipate what intense and relentless pain would feel like. On the other hand, I did get a sampler of Modern pain medication...
I was stationed at Bergstrom AFB at the time (which gives you a clue to how old I am; it closed in 1993!), and they kept me in the base hospital, where they made me pee through a strainer until it passed (about 1 or 2 days--I forgot exactly). When I saw how small it was, I was amazed that something so small could have caused me that much pain! It didn't seem a whole lot bigger that a dust mote or a very small grain of sand!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.