I'd like a word with the designer....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: I'd like a word with the designer....

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:15 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:07 am
Yeah what Gunnar said. My dad had a horrible experience with them years ago. Even knowing what he went through, I didn’t anticipate what intense and relentless pain would feel like. On the other hand, I did get a sampler of Modern pain medication...
I was stationed at Bergstrom AFB at the time (which gives you a clue to how old I am; it closed in 1993!), and they kept me in the base hospital, where they made me pee through a strainer until it passed (about 1 or 2 days--I forgot exactly). When I saw how small it was, I was amazed that something so small could have caused me that much pain! It didn't seem a whole lot bigger that a dust mote or a very small grain of sand!
Kidney stone treatment hasn’t changed much, except for the big ones. Mine’s about 2mm, and I doubt I’ll be able to spot it in the strainer. Assuming that it stays intact.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

After three weeks, surgery, and stent removal, I’m supposed to feel human again tomorrow. I give kidney stones zero stars.
he/him

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:39 pm
After three weeks, surgery, and stent removal, I’m supposed to feel human again tomorrow. I give kidney stones zero stars.
Yea!! zero stars yes, but thankfully in the past now.
Last edited by Lem on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
After three weeks? Yikes! You must have had a much worse case than I did. I hope you're past it all now. In my case, I suffered intense pain only a few days, and it passed after only two days in the hospital.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:07 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
After three weeks? Yikes! You must have had a much worse case than I did. I hope you're past it all now. In my case, I suffered intense pain only a few days, and it passed after only two days in the hospital.
There was a mixup in getting me to see a urologist. I finally saw him Monday, had surgery the next day, stent out after two days. He’s going on my Christmas card list, along with his staff!
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Good, Lord. You have my deepest sympathy. Also, I'm experiencing immense gratitude for not having had this issue hopefully ever.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
My god man! :o I hope you do feel human tomorrow! I can't say I've ever had the experience and hope not to. Get any good drugs?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:22 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
My god man! :o I hope you do feel human tomorrow! I can't say I've ever had the experience and hope not to. Get any good drugs?
Not after the first trip to the ER. The surgery was under anesthesia.

I’m a little worn out, but pain free, which is wonderful.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:43 am
Good, Lord. You have my deepest sympathy. Also, I'm experiencing immense gratitude for not having had this issue hopefully ever.

- Doc
Thanks, Doc. I hope you can keep your streak intact!
he/him

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:59 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:22 am

Not after the first trip to the ER. The surgery was under anesthesia.

I’m a little worn out, but pain free, which is wonderful.
Fortunately, in my case, I didn't have to have surgery. They just gave me analgesics, which reduced the pain somewhat, and fluids to increase urine production and help pass the stone, which it finally did. The pain ended quite suddenly, like turning off a switch when it did. I saw the stone in the strainer, as I indicated before, and was amazed how small the cause of my misery was.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.