Father jailed for calling daughter "she"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Father jailed for calling daughter "she"

Post by Moksha »

Back in the 1600s, wouldn't conservatives have burnt this young person at the stake for being a witch?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Ajax, in many locations, it’s an outdated use. I’ve never heard a teenager referred to as an infant in my legal practice. Minor? Yes. Juvenile? Yes. Child? Yes. Infant? No.

But I don’t think you intended to use it any sort of legal sense.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Ajax, in many locations, it’s an outdated use. I’ve never heard a teenager referred to as an infant in my legal practice. Minor? Yes. Juvenile? Yes. Child? Yes. Infant? No.
Isn't the term infant used in one of the first court cases you do in law school. Remember the one with the kids trespassing at the depot turntable that led to one kid losing a leg.
But I don’t think you intended to use it any sort of legal sense.
Then you're wrong.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gosh, things are getting really interesting, aren't they?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The father should just cut the kid out of his life. He'd be doing everyone a favor. Look. If one of my kids were living in a manner that went against my values or ethos, and we couldn't find resolution, then going no contact would be best for everyone. More people should give that a try instead of being craps to each other.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Then you're wrong.
Ajax, you're so silly. It would be cute if your worldview wasn't a swirling cesspool. Here, allow me to tell you what you meant. You meant to equivocate. You used an unnecessarily obscure term for hyperbole, not clarity; to exaggerate the youth of the subject, while staying technically correct.

"I can't believe you'd allow an infant to smoke marijuana! Hey everybody, Rick has just admitted to giving his infant son a pack of zig-zags!"

"That's slanderous, Steve! I would never do such a thing. I said I gave a pack to my seventeen-year-old son who came home high. We got in a fight, and in order to stop him from heading for his car to hit the store and buy some, I gave him a pack on agreement that he stay home."

"But Rick, I mean the legal definition of "infant". According to the legal definition, your son is an infant!"
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:16 am
The father should just cut the kid out of his life. He'd be doing everyone a favor. Look. If one of my kids were living in a manner that went against my values or ethos, and we couldn't find resolution, then going no contact would be best for everyone. More people should give that a try instead of being craps to each other.

- Doc
He's probably under court order to pay for the sex change.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
If he had been, it would have been included in the very sympathetic piece of writing in your OP. But it wasn't, so until you can find a source, what you claim is implausible.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
It's covered under BC's universal health care.