Perfume--Now on Netflix!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Perfume--Now on Netflix!!

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dear Perfumaniacs,

As a testament to their growing international popularity, Perfume has been noticed, and picked up, by Netflix! The eighth and final performance of "Reframe" that A-chan, Kashiyuka, and Nocchi did on October 27, 2019, is now available for all to see! (As long as they have Netflix, of course.)

"Reframe" is a departure from their normal concerts. Rather than being large spectacles, these (the first iteration of Reframe debuted in 2018) are more along the lines of performance art. They are geared toward showcasing every aspect of the entire Perfume experience: The music, the singing, the dancing, the costumes, and the special effects, all integrated into one seamless whole.

Turn on the English subtitles to see what they're saying when they're talking off-the-cuff (sadly, the Japanese lyrics aren't translated). Also, be sure to keep watching after the credits start rolling, because there's an encore of sorts.

See it in all its glory at:

(You'll probably have to log into Netflix if you have an account. If you don't have an account, well, it most likely won't work at all.)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
canpakes
God

Re: Perfume--Now on Netflix!!

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

What's the subtext of that picture?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:11 am
What's the subtext of that picture?
You warned us that we wouldn’t be seeing any large spectacles, so I figured to step in and correct that.

Bonus subtext of ‘reframe’ and performance art ...
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:34 am
You warned us that we wouldn’t be seeing any large spectacles, so I figured to step in and correct that.
Oh. OOPS! :-(