Will Biden lock up more black people?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Will Biden lock up more black people?

Post by Res Ipsa »

Great example, Analytics.

I gave my wife a copy of that book for Christmas. I really should get around to reading it.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Analytics wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:41 pm
Your "scariest label" comment reminded me of something I read this weekend. In A Promised Land, Obama talks about wanting to provide all Americans with access to quality healthcare. Looking for a way to accomplish this that was practical and would have the least disruption on the existing system, he decided the best way was to model a national system after what Mitt Romney did in Massachusetts, which in turn was based on a plan that the Heritage Foundation had earlier proposed. A Democrat proposing a Republican solution to healthcare should have gained some bipartisan support, or at least made them want to negotiate in good faith, right?

Ha ha. The Republican response was to hire Frank Luntz to conduct a massive survey which concluded that out of 40 different phrases tested, the phrase "government takeover of healthcare" was the one Americans found scariest. Thus, up and down the Republican ranks they referred to the Affordable Care Act as "a government takeover of healthcare" rather than say anything that was descriptive or true.
I think this is a good illustration of the increasingly obvious fact that nothing is more important to current Republican leadership than fighting tooth and nail any ideas and policies approved of by Democrats, even if originally proposed by the Republicans themselves.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:37 am
I think this is a good illustration of the increasingly obvious fact that nothing is more important to current Republican leadership than fighting tooth and nail any ideas and policies approved of by Democrats, even if originally proposed by the Republicans themselves.
Republicans are all the evil they accuse Democrats of being, and their base is too stupid to notice. They keep voting against their own interests, so they deserve all the pain they get. It's the only justice possible for their idiotic votes.

A Republican "F"s them up the ass with a barbed wire wrapped stick, and the base can see it's a Republican reaming them, yet all they can do is say, "That feels like a Democrat dick to me..." They represent the exact definition of Stockholm Syndrome.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.