Let's Hold On. No, let's not. (spouting off)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Let's Hold On. No, let's not. (spouting off)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Let's take a drive down memory lane. A Jersey Girl buys tickets to see a Jersey Boy in concert in February 2020. Frankie Valli and the Fake Four Seasons. The concert scheduled for June 2020 is understandably rescheduled due to Covid for June 2021. NOW, the concert has been rescheduled again for...June 2022!

So, with something on the order of 1200$ out of my pocket and sitting in Valli's pocket (yes I know this involves contracts with promoters and such, I don't care) I attempt to get a refund. Starting with the ticket place--no go. Tickets are non-refundable (shady or smart business folks on both ends depending on your position). So I decide to give the credit card company a shot. They take down all the information, look up the transaction, put me on hold for 10 minutes and...again, no go.

So...now I am basically waiting for Frankie Valli (who will be 88 years old at the time of the rescheduled event) to croak. I'm not kidding. I hate his guts now. Why? Because when Covid hit the Stones immediately offered refunds on their own non-refundable tickets to all ticket holders. Yes, they admittedly have more money than God (each holding possibly 1/2 Billion in net worth compared to Valli's estimated 80 million) and probably have more control over their organization, but still. Offering your fans the courtesy of a refund is the honorable thing to do.

Hey Castelluccio

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Let's Hold On. No, let's not. (spouting off)

Post by Jersey Girl »

p.s. She emailed the promoter now. Asking them to do the honorable thing. Like that's gonna happen. :roll: But it felt good.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

♫Big Girls Don't Cri-yi-yie ♫

...sorry...couldn't help myself....

Sounds like you've signed up for the Frankie Vallie Dependz tour...
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:32 pm
♫Big Girls Don't Cri-yi-yie ♫

...sorry...couldn't help myself....
Who me? Jersey Girls don't cry over crap like this. Jersey Girls take their best shot at mounting a campaign to kick ass. The credit card company is actually pursuing the claim now. wth? I sent a message to the promoter on Messenger and emailed the guy, also emailed another link from Valli's website for North America. Let's see if I get anywhere. Probably not, but these are the only shots I have. I can't even get a refund if I die. The tickets are fully transferable to...whoever.

;-)

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The question should be asked, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Without the fandango, you should get a refund.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Jersey Girl wrote: ... So, with something on the order of 1200$ out of my pocket and sitting in Valli's pocket ...
Holy hell, getting a Broadway biography must have bumped him back up the ladder a bit. I saw him in 2000, my ticket was 12 bucks. (Side note, how the hell was that almost 21 years ago‽)

Anyway, I wish you luck in your quest!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

AZCaesar wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:27 am
Jersey Girl wrote: ... So, with something on the order of 1200$ out of my pocket and sitting in Valli's pocket ...
Holy hell, getting a Broadway biography must have bumped him back up the ladder a bit. I saw him in 2000, my ticket was 12 bucks. (Side note, how the hell was that almost 21 years ago‽)

Anyway, I wish you luck in your quest!
I know! A ton of that was "fees". Four tickets: total 1175 and change. He'll be 88 years old by the time the concert is scheduled to take place. No offense to old folks. For that amount I could have gone to see Jersey Boys off Broadway I bet or even ON Broadway. Sheesh.

by the way, I did see at least some of the real Four Seasons in person one summer when Joe Long got married up in North Jersey. My cousins and I stood outside the church and watched them go in. No singing of course.

Italians. I swear.

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

One of my favorite male camaraderie scenes in the movies is from The Deer Hunter, where the guys are playing pool and singing You're Just Too Good To Be True.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

About 5 years ago, Journey came to Kansas City, with Asia as the warmup act. It was outdoors at the Starlight Theater, “rain or shine.” Asia was amazing, and about three songs into Journey, a horrendous lightning storm appeared out of nowhere. They halted, promising it would only be a few minutes.

After an hour they cancelled the remainder of the show. Despite the “rain or shine” declaration on the tickets, there was so much lightning it was a bit crazy to be outdoors.

A week later, a full refund appeared on my credit card account.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Analytics wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:27 pm
About 5 years ago, Journey came to Kansas City, with Asia as the warmup act. It was outdoors at the Starlight Theater, “rain or shine.” Asia was amazing, and about three songs into Journey, a horrendous lightning storm appeared out of nowhere. They halted, promising it would only be a few minutes.

After an hour they cancelled the remainder of the show. Despite the “rain or shine” declaration on the tickets, there was so much lightning it was a bit crazy to be outdoors.

A week later, a full refund appeared on my credit card account.
Yeah see? Some folks are reputable. Never trust an Italian Jersey Boy from the Belleville projects*. They grew up knowing how to rip people off. Little juvies. :roll:

*by the way, I feel qualified to remark on the projects. My grandparents lived there back in the day when Castelluccio was coming up.

Slava Ukraini!