Let's Hold On. No, let's not. (spouting off)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Let's Hold On. No, let's not. (spouting off)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Danny Zelisko is money grubbing scum. That is all.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:55 am
Rock Promoters are not usually paragons of virtue. I worked with people involved with Bill Graham Productions' Security in the early 80's, and the vibe was that of a Roadie Mafia. I've worked with both Rock Musicians and Country Musicians. I prefer Rock and Roll as a music form, but there is an arrogant attitude you find with people associated with Rock and Roll, much more of an up-and-down pecking order backstage. More insecurity, more fragile egos.

If I had to guess, what you were probably going to get was something like 'live to tape', where the audio is about 70% a sweetened audio pre-record and the rest is him singing along live. I dunno...past 85, Jimmy Durante and George Burns were my favorites ;-)
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:57 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

If I had to guess, what you were probably going to get was something like 'live to tape', where the audio is about 70% a sweetened audio pre-record and the rest is him singing along live. I dunno...past 85, Jimmy Durante and George Burns were my favorites ;-)
Yeah, I know. And if he lives to be 88 years old, that's exactly what I'm going to get except instead of singing he'll probably be croaking out Rag Doll. Or croaking entirely.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Danny Zelisko might not be money grubbing scum. I got a message from him and talked to his people whoever it was. Anyway, they said they DID offer refunds. I explained to him that I used the link RIGHT on the venue website to purchase the tickets and THEN when I tried getting a refund they said they are a RESALE place and do not refund. I have NO bloody idea how that happened when I used the link on the venue website.

Anyway, the Zelisko people said sometimes the resale places look totally legit...and don't refund. I repeated that I used the link right on the actual venue...it's local, I know it's their website.

So...what I think I will end up doing is try to get a call to the box office (which is closed--so who knows) and see if I can keep at it until someone cries uncle...who isn't me.

I'm probably screwed but I will still try because that is who I am.

ETA: I researched all my contacts re:tickets. One email is directly from the venue website. Then...the so-called "resale" place jumps in. Yeah. I'm going to deal with the box office. Something isn't right about this. We'll see...

Slava Ukraini!