Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm
I love how Xanax thinks the Socratic method is asking a series of retarded questions

- Doc
I don't think I've ever seen one poster put so much time and effort into proving he doesn't know crap and doesn't know how to know crap.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

In response to the original post, "Emmitt Till was the first George Floyd," according Phil Floyd.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Ajax clearly upset about the outcome of the Chauvin trial.

Raise your hand if you're surprised.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 pm
In response to the original post, "Emmitt Till was the first George Floyd," according Phil Floyd.
Nah, just one of many.

Here’s a link to 1,856 high-quality images related to lynchings, as example.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/lync ... ostpopular
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 pm
So how did Chauvin get away with putting his knee on previous suspects if that is unacceptable under any circumstances?
Most likely some deleterious police culture that does not follow the law and is itself criminal in nature.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 pm
So how did Chauvin get away with putting his knee on previous suspects if that is unacceptable under any circumstances?
Oh, I dunno. Maybe there was some kind of culture amongst low-ranking police officers of 'not ratting on fellow cops', or maybe Chauvin was the kind of guy who knew how to scare his fellow cops into complicity, especially the less experienced ones?

What do you think? I mean, have you ever heard of any optometrists who were eventually found to have been doing things to their patients that were considered by their regulating body and all decent and competent optometrists to be 'unacceptable under any circumstances', but who got away with doing that stuff for years?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 am
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 pm
Nah, just one of many.

I think calling Emmit Till a George Floyd is an insult to Emmitt Till.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tucker Carlson laughs maniacally and cuts interview off when a guest suggests Chauvin was wrong:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/greatsweetle ... 96480?s=20

It’s, ah, really something.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:12 pm
Your opinion of the comparative merits of the personal characters of those two murder victims is irrelevant.

In neither case was anybody entitled, absent due conviction and penalty legally imposed in accordance with the relevant law, to kill them in public or in private just because they felt like doing it.

Emmit Till, the 14 year old black boy who was murdered for having allegedly been rude to a white woman serving in a shop, lived in a period where white people in some parts of the USA could still kill black people with impunity if they thought they would feel better after having done so. George Floyd did not. There's progress for you.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:12 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 am

Nah, just one of many.

Stringing Till up for something that he didn’t do was likely a bigger insult.