Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

Post by ajax18 »

And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:28 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:54 am
He doesn't have a reputable source and George Floyd's past history isn't on trial. Read this whole entry, not just the part that I enlarged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd
Thanks for researching and posting all that, Jersey Girl. I certainly read it. I wish ajax would, and would honestly consider it.

Note to ajax: have you read it? Does any of the information therein change your opinion of George Lloyd and the justice of the murder trial against Chauvin? If not, why not? To still hold that Lloyd is a worthless human being deserving of what the cops did to him, and that Chauvin does not deserve to be convicted of murder is every bit as irrational as believing the world is flat or that 2 plus 2 equals 5. To continue to cling to your hateful attitude towards minorities is not just irrational, but also deeply immoral. It is as antithetical to the teachings of Jesus Christ that you claim to believe in as anything could possibly be.
Once again. George Floyd's past is not on trial. He was detained by police under suspicion of passing a counterfeit 20$ bill. Does anyone know where that 20$ bill went? ---> I DO!

In any case, Floyd isn't on trial. Floyd is dead. An officer of the law is on trial for his torture and ultimate killing. ajax doesn't care about the rule of law. He doesn't care that Chauvin violated his training, department policies, or accepted police practices. He doesn't care that Chauvin continued to restrain an unresponsive human being with no discernible evidence of pulse when an officer and then a paramedic tried to find one.

It's one more (n-word) in the ground. That's what ajax cares about.

And if ajax wants to put Mr. Floyd's history on trial, then let's put Chauvin's record on trial as well. I know what that is, too.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

He was detained by police under suspicion of passing a counterfeit 20$ bill.
So why would Floyd choose to get violent with the police if it's just a $20 bill?

Another interesting point of the trial is that the prosecution chose not to call Floyd's drug dealer who was in the car with him when Floyd was arrested. Why not have him testify against Chauvin if he was there and witnessed the whole thing? Well then he might have to admit on cross examination that he sold Floyd the illegal drugs that ended up contributing to his death.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEc3TKTI4yI

Look at this, youtube has allowed their own edited version of a prior Floyd arrest. He calls for his mama in this one too.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:43 pm
He was detained by police under suspicion of passing a counterfeit 20$ bill.
So why would Floyd choose to get violent with the police if it's just a $20 bill?
When did Mr. Floyd become violent with police? In what way was he violent?
Another interesting point of the trial is that the prosecution chose not to call Floyd's drug dealer who was in the car with him when Floyd was arrested. Why not have him testify against Chauvin if he was there and witnessed the whole thing? Well then he might have to admit on cross examination that he sold Floyd the illegal drugs that ended up contributing to his death.
They could have granted him immunity.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEc3TKTI4yI

Look at this, youtube has allowed their own edited version of a prior Floyd arrest. He calls for his mama in this one too.
Totally irrelevant. As Jersey Girl has rightly pointed out, George Floyd and his past are not on trial here. Derek Chauvin is, and the evidence against him appears to be very damning.
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Totally irrelevant. As Jersey Girl has rightly pointed out, George Lloyd and his past are not on trial here. Derek Chauvin is, and the evidence against him appears to be very damning.
Unfortunately this wasn't the full video I got to see before youtube censored it. If it were irrelevant youtube would not be censoring it and the prosecution would not be objecting to the video being shown to the jury. There are two sides to every story but in a post free speech America, we only get to hear one side. We only see the video clips the media/big tech/big government authority allow us to see.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:18 am
Totally irrelevant. As Jersey Girl has rightly pointed out, George Lloyd and his past are not on trial here. Derek Chauvin is, and the evidence against him appears to be very damning.
Unfortunately this wasn't the full video I got to see before youtube censored it. If it were irrelevant youtube would not be censoring it and the prosecution would not be objecting to the video being shown to the jury. There are two sides to every story but in a post free speech America, we only get to hear one side. We only see the video clips the media/big tech/big government authority allow us to see.
Was the video you linked to shown in the current trial? If so, for what purpose?

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:51 am
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:18 am

Was the video you linked to shown in the current trial? If so, for what purpose?
Officer Lane's lawyers explain why they wanted the video shown in the clip of it I linked. But in the court of public opinion we only get to see what big tech/big government/mainstream media allow us to see. Anything that might cast doubt on the racist white cop hunts down random black man narrative is censored.

Mark Furman saying the N word years ago created enough reasonable doubt to get OJ Simpson acquitted. I thought it was OJ on trial for killing his exwife. So why did the case revolve around Mark Furman using the N word? Well because that was OJ's only card to play and it allowed him to get away with murdering two people.

Maybe Chauvin had good reason to restrain someone like Floyd and wasn't trying to kill him. Chauvin knew Floyd and how he behaved in previous arrests. They served as bouncers together at a nightclub. Speedballs can give you enough strength to break handcuffs They can also decresae respiration rate and kill you.
Last edited by ajax18 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:08 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:51 am

Officer Lane's lawyers explain why they wanted the video shown in the clip of it I linked. But in the court of public opinion we only get to see what big tech/big government/mainstream media allow us to see. Anything that might cast doubt on the racist cop hunts down random black man narrative is censored.

Slava Ukraini!