Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:06 pm
Did you know Chauvin had 9 counts of tax evasion under his belt?

https://apnews.com/article/56bea6e3d1ea ... 22df43294f

Did you know that in 2017 Chauvin pinned a 14-year old boy for 17 minutes with his knee while ignoring the boy's pleas that he could not breathe? The boy briefly lost consciousness. In the same incident he hit the kid in the back of the head with his flashlight, threw him to the ground, and put his knee on the kids neck for 17 minutes, after which he started bleeding from the ear.

Did you know he had 18 complaints already against him? How many times did he do something where no complaints were filed? He had issues, and it makes sense, the sheer hubris of knowing he was being filmed, people begging him to get off Floyd’s neck, to just carry on. Why wouldn’t he? He had been getting away with his sadism for God knows how long.

On the upside the MPD is now hiring. Anyone up for a career in law enforcement in Minneapolis this year?

- Doc

Yes to all of the above questions. That's why when ajax kept raising the issue of Mr. Floyd's history, I suggested that we take a look at Chauvin's. I don't know this case inside and out (in real life stuff) but I'm pretty damn close.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

According to law enforcement who testified under oath, right up to the Chief of Police, Chauvin violated this training re: subdual restraint.
Are they saying knee to the neck or back has always been prohibited by the Minneapolis police Department under any circumstances or are they saying the knee to the back wasn't warranted in this case according to the training protocol?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:59 pm
According to law enforcement who testified under oath, right up to the Chief of Police, Chauvin violated this training re: subdual restraint.
Are they saying knee to the neck or back has always been prohibited by the Minneapolis police Department under any circumstances or are they saying the knee to the back wasn't warranted in this case according to the training protocol?
Listen to the testimony like I did.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:59 pm
Derek Chauvin Trial 4/5/21: Minneapolis police chief testifies Chauvin's actions violated policy
Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo took the stand Monday in the trial of Derek Chauvin, the fired police officer charged in George Floyd's death. He testified Chauvin's actions violated Minneapolis police policy. The jury also heard from another police official, Inspector Katie Blackwell, who oversaw the department's training. Both police officials testified Chauvin's restraint of George Floyd using his knee was not something Minneapolis officers are taught.

Arradondo testified there was an "initial reasonableness in trying to just get [Floyd] under control" in the first few seconds of the deadly May 25 encounter. But when Floyd had stopped resisting and "clearly when Mr. Floyd was no longer responsive and even motionless, to continue to apply that level of force to a person prone out, hands cuffed behind their back — that in no way, shape or form is anything that is by policy," Arradondo said. "It's not part of our training and it's certainly not part of our ethics or values."

Arradondo said Chauvin's restraint should have stopped once Floyd stopped resisting, and "certainly once he was in distress and trying to verbalize that, [Chauvin] should have stopped."

Earlier, under questioning by prosecutor Steve Schleicher, Arradondo emphasized that the department values treating others with dignity and respect. When asked to explain the department's goal of "serving with compassion," Arradondo said: "It means to understand and authentically accept that we see our neighbors as ourselves."

"We value one another," he said. "We see our community as necessary for our existence."

Arradondo was also asked about the department's de-escalation policy, which requires officers to seek to minimize the use of physical force. Of Chauvin's restraint against Floyd, he said, "That action is not de-escalation."

"When we talk about the framework of our sanctity of life [policy] and talk about principles that we have, that action goes contrary to what we're talking about," he said.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

So how did Chauvin get away with putting his knee on previous suspects if that is unacceptable under any circumstances?
Last edited by ajax18 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love how Xanax thinks the Socratic method is asking a series of retarded questions

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm
I love how Xanax thinks the Socratic method is asking a series of retarded questions
It wouldn't be right if I didn't admit that you damned crack me up sometimes.

A lot of times, actually.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:31 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm
It wouldn't be right if I didn't admit that you damned crack me up sometimes.

A lot of times, actually.
It’s all good. Just because we diverge on racial equity matters doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate or agree with your hot takes most of the time. You have a developed sense of humor I wish you’d put on display here a little more often.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The jury should have been sequestered. The judge allowed 5 days worth of prejudicial emotionally charged testimony that really wasn't pertinent to the case. Public officials were threatening riots if the verdict didn't turn out the way they wanted it. Everyone knew who the jury was and where to find them.

Two things can be true at once. Derek Chauvin could have been guilty of manslaughter. George Floyd also could have been a drug addict career criminal who made a habit of resisting arrest and risking confrontation with the police.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:41 pm
The jury should have been sequestered. The judge allowed 5 days worth of prejudicial emotionally charged testimony that really wasn't pertinent to the case. Public officials were threatening riots if the verdict didn't turn out the way they wanted it. Everyone knew who the jury was and where to find them.

Two things can be true at once. Derek Chauvin could have been guilty of manslaughter. George Floyd also could have been a drug addict career criminal who made a habit of resisting arrest and risking confrontation with the police.

Slava Ukraini!