Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 pm
Stringing Till up for something that he didn’t do was likely a bigger insult.
He was in fact beaten and shot. Not that it makes any difference to your point.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:31 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 pm
Stringing Till up for something that he didn’t do was likely a bigger insult.
He was in fact beaten and shot. Not that it makes any difference to your point.
You’re right; I stand corrected. And your second sentence certainly holds true, as well.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Updates on Chauvin and charges for remaining 3 officers. Additional charges coming for Chauvin in another case.

This is Denver defense attorney Scott Reisch. First 6:30 minutes of this video.

From Bad to Worse for Ex Minneapolis Police Officers, Let's Talk About It!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYTxKh78CQ
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Did you see the new statue they made for George Floyd?

And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:45 pm
Did you see the new statue they made for George Floyd?

Is there any bottom to how low you can go?!?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

pieces of photos stuck together
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:39 pm
Is there any bottom to how low you can go?!?
Nope.

I want to thank ajax18 for sticking with us through thick and thin. He stops us forgetting that there is a large group of people out there who:

(a) Either think there really is a statue like that out there.

(b) Or find the pasted-up photo a hilarious way to 'pwn the libs, Har, Har!'

And those are the people you have to share America with.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Xanax,

If you keep holding the majority of people to the idea that if they don’t live like you, look like you, do what you do, then they are different and therefore you can’t accept that, you’re going to have a tough row to hoe for the rest of your existence on this planet. It’s one thing to have a niche interest that you vigorously debate with other interested parties, but it’s another entire matter being angry or upset over with the Other, when the Other is probably ~70% of Americans and 95% of earthlings.

What’s interesting is that by virtue of your adherence to Mormonism you Otherize yourself from the group of people with whom you identify, namely Trumplicans. The tie that binds you to them is tenuous at best, and any small deviation from the norm in context of your faith you make will alienate you from them quickly. You build your cultural identity on a foundation made of sand.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:10 pm
.... it’s another entire matter being angry or upset over with the Other, when the Other is probably ~70% of Americans and 95% of earthlings.
I agree with you generally about this, but the problem is not so much anger or upset: it is more that ajax18 fears the people he posts about - blacks, hispanics, "immigrants". And fear like that leads to hate, and if he had the power to act according to his fears, to cruelty.

Even if he never gets to act out his fears and hates, he is still harming himself by letting his mind feed such emotions.
Maksutov:
Mayan Elephant:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:37 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:10 pm
.... it’s another entire matter being angry or upset over with the Other, when the Other is probably ~70% of Americans and 95% of earthlings.
I agree with you generally about this, but the problem is not so much anger or upset: it is more that ajax18 fears the people he posts about - blacks, hispanics, "immigrants". And fear like that leads to hate, and if he had the power to act according to his fears, to cruelty.

Even if he never gets to act out his fears and hates, he is still harming himself by letting his mind feed such emotions.
I don't think it’s fear. More like disdain, loathing, disgust, and the like.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.