Daunte Wright, warrant for Aggravated Battery

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Daunte Wright, warrant for Aggravated Battery

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:51 am
Were the police at the capital riot in mortal danger?
I think the 'some of them actually ended up dead' factor must have weighed quite heavily in ruling out any move to question the 'mortal danger' thing, don't you?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
They were faced with a wild pack of political crazies who were beating on them and ended up killing a few of them.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Are you serious? :shock: :o :roll:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:20 am
ajax18 wrote:
They were faced with a wild pack of political crazies who were beating on them and ended up killing a few of them.
One officer was killed but we still don't know how. The story that he was beaten with a fire extinguisher was false.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:50 am
ajax18 wrote:
Are you serious? :shock: :o :roll:
Xanax, of course, is a piece of crap.
Police officials and federal prosecutors say that as many as 140 officers were injured during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“I have officers who were not issued helmets prior to the attack who have sustained head injuries,” Gus Papathanasiou, union chairman, said in a statement Wednesday. “One officer has two cracked ribs and two smashed spinal discs and another was stabbed with a metal fence stake, to name some of the injuries.”

Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick died after trying to defend the Capitol from rioters. One Capitol Police officer and one D.C. police officer who were responding on the scene have died by suicide since the attack.

And since Jan. 6, 38 Capitol Police employees have tested positive for the coronavirus, almost entirely officers and supervisors who responded to the riot, Papathanasiou said.

At least 81 Capitol Police officers were assaulted during the siege of the Capitol, according to filings by federal prosecutors. The filings did not detail injuries sustained by officers, and a Capitol Police spokeswoman did not respond to a Washington Post request for comment on officer injuries.

About 65 D.C. police officers also suffered injuries on Jan. 6, including several concussions from head blows from various objects, including metal poles ripped from inauguration-related scaffolding and even a pole with an American flag attached.
And let's not forget the officers that committed suicide after the riot - whether or not that was a contributing factor is in question, but we shouldn't dismiss it, either.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 am
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:03 am

So you're betting this a whole cloth fabrication and there was no warrant out for Daunte Wright?
Nobody has to bet anything. There is nothing wrong with waiting to see if it is reported by a source that doesn't have a history of, say, brazenly misreporting facts; some would call that the responsible, sensible thing to do. I'd add a YMMV, but my heart wouldn't be in it.
Thank you for the article, Mr Ripley. I've never read that before.

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Undeniably, yes.

This video is from CNN, but it has an interview with one of the officers who was dragged into the crowd while they tried to take his gun while others yelled "kill him with his own gun." It also has an image of the officer who was beaten with Trump, and American flag poles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDtG-KbFHU
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Undeniably, yes.

This video is from CNN, but it has an interview with one of the officers who was dragged into the crowd while they tried to take his gun while others yelled "kill him with his own gun." It also has an image of the officer who was beaten with Trump, and American flag poles.

Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Undeniably, yes.

Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks.
I sincerely thank you for conceding that, ajax. :) Maybe you are not as completely immune to persuasion by sound evidence and reason as many of us think you are.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote: