"Are you on your period or something?" and other sexist remarks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: "Are you on your period or something?" a sexist remark made HER

Post by Lem »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:28 pm
Lem wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Get your story straight. There were 3 or 4 exchanges where I tried very hard to be clear with my point, which you define as 'quickly devolving' and my response to some schmo that you quoted was after he said 'it looked like I was picking a fight,' and after he and Doc had had several pointed exchanges.
Yeah, you might want to get your story straight. I never had any "pointed exchanges" with Doc in this thread. Your memory is just as suspect.

And it turns out I was right; you were here for a fight. That has become painfully obvious. And I've yet to receive a "thank you" for fulfilling your wish. Ingrate.
I'll look back, maybe that was Moksha and doc, if so I'll remove it. But way to pick up on the important part of the comment. I bolded it for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "looking for a fight."
Some Schmo
God

Re: "Are you on your period or something?" a sexist remark made HER

Post by Some Schmo »

Lem wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 pm
"looking for a fight."
And why is this important? Because it speaks to your frame of mind in this thread?

Yeah, I'd say it was important too.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: "Are you on your period or something?" a sexist remark made HERE.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Look, man. I just want Moksha to actually read the damned OP. And then I want him to think about what he posted in context to Ms. Brown’s essay. And I’d really like him to drop that dopey herpy derpy folksy jokesy style for a moment, just a moment to navel gaze, in the hope he can realize doubling down, in context of the OP, was the wrong move.

Circling back around to the OP, maybe some people are looking for a fight, or maybe are overreacting, or are overly sensitive. We all are. But again, that’s a distraction. The OP was very clear. A professor, who’s been eating crap for a lifetime because her body, not mind, her body elicited diminutions, sexual harassment, and a variety of behaviors that are specific to her biology that a male colleague wouldn’t experience, finally snapped and broke her husband’s crap off - the perfect ‘straw that broke the camel’s back’ moment. Lemmie posted that OP as a learning moment for readers who were wondering why she jabbed at Analytics. She was literally providing an object lesson why she’s so cagey about that kind of thing. She’s telling us that Ms. Brown’s life and experiences are her’s.

I thought it made sense. Clear as a damned bell. But you had to read the OP in order to get. It’s clear to me one poster, for sure, passed Go without collecting $200, and I’m starting to suspect SS might’ve done the same, because he’s too clear minded to be making the argument he’s making after having read the OP.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:54 pm
I thought it made sense. Clear as a damned bell. But you had to read the OP in order to get. It’s clear to me one poster, for sure, passed Go without collecting $200, and I’m starting to suspect SS might’ve done the same, because he’s too clear minded to be making the argument he’s making after having read the OP.
I read the OP, and was onboard with it.

Then crap happened, which altered my view of the OP. I'm still on board with the thrust of it, but I'm not sure the quoted story and Lem's story are exactly analogous.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:54 pm
Look, man. I just want Moksha to actually read the damned OP. And then I want him to think about what he posted in context to Ms. Brown’s essay. And I’d really like him to drop that dopey herpy derpy folksy jokesy style for a moment, just a moment to navel gaze, in the hope he can realize doubling down, in context of the OP, was the wrong move.

Circling back around to the OP, maybe some people are looking for a fight, or maybe are overreacting, or are overly sensitive. We all are. But again, that’s a distraction. The OP was very clear. A professor, who’s been eating crap for a lifetime because her body, not mind, her body elicited diminutions, sexual harassment, and a variety of behaviors that are specific to her biology that a male colleague wouldn’t experience, finally snapped and broke her husband’s crap off - the perfect ‘straw that broke the camel’s back’ moment. Lemmie posted that OP as a learning moment for readers who were wondering why she jabbed at Analytics. She was literally providing an object lesson why she’s so cagey about that kind of thing. She’s telling us that Ms. Brown’s life and experiences are her’s.

- Doc
Thanks, Doc. I appreciate your understanding.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

This thread has helped me see what hell's going to be like for most of you,a snakepit of angry and offended people. MOVE FORWARD!
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

We tend to forget this is what it was like before these kinds of conversations happened:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OrangePoorBet ... ricted.gif

I have no doubt a good percentage of folks, men in particular, wish it were still this way. Why? Power, sex, privilege, degeneracy, laughs, whatever. I’d never want my kid to be in that kind of dynamic, where if she stuck up for herself she’d be fired or perhaps blackballed.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

“It actually doesn’t take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us.”

—Jane Goodall
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 pm
This thread has helped me see what hell's going to be like for most of you,a snakepit of angry and offended people. MOVE FORWARD!
God is a Democrat. That is going to be your hell.... :lol: And he's going to simply give as GIFTS all kinds of eternal life to EVERYONE regardless of their mentality and politics. Now THAT is YOUR HELL! :lol: :lol: :lol: