Gun Violence

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Re: Gun Violence

Post by Alf'Omega »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:53 pm
Both of you are racist!! I guess to you a black man can't protect his family. It has to be "drug related".
Given the fact that this Right Wing talk show guy or whatever the hell he is, didn't provide ANY details about the incident (names, date, location, etc), and given the Republican propensity to flat out lie about things to push a talking point.... yes, you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. It is safe to assume those details were not provided for a reason.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:48 pm
I don't carry a gun 24/7!! I take it off when I take a crap.

Why let your guard down then?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... o-vallarta
The former governor of Mexico’s violence-wracked western state of Jalisco has been shot dead in a restaurant bathroom in the popular beach resort of Puerto Vallarta.

Aristóteles Sandoval was dining with four others when at around 1.40 on Friday he got up from the table and went to the toilet, where the killer shot him in the back, said the state attorney general, Gerardo Octavio Solís.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm

The video Atlanticmike linked to doesn't show a home invasion. The attacker had no other intent than killing the guy who just got home. It looks likely to be a hit of some kind. The guy "defending" realized the other guys looked suspicious and was waiting for him, and slipped his gun out of his pocket. They had a gun battle on his porch moments after his wife and kids just walked into the house.

That video was not an example in favor of the 2nd amendment. It was two people who live by the sword so to speak.
What the heck!! Racist much?!?!? You telling me because the guys are black that somehow they ""live by the sword""?
No. I'm telling you that when a guy skulks around a house with a handgun waiting for someone to come home and the person he attacks with said handgun also carried a handgun in his pocket he casually pulled out waiting for trouble to kick off, you are looking at lawlessness where both individuals involved are not poster children for lawful gun ownership.

That wasn't a home invasion. If you cannot follow what went on in that scene you shared you probably shouldn't carry.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm

The video Atlanticmike linked to doesn't show a home invasion. The attacker had no other intent than killing the guy who just got home. It looks likely to be a hit of some kind. The guy "defending" realized the other guys looked suspicious and was waiting for him, and slipped his gun out of his pocket. They had a gun battle on his porch moments after his wife and kids just walked into the house.

That video was not an example in favor of the 2nd amendment. It was two people who live by the sword so to speak.
What the heck!! Racist much?!?!? You telling me because the guys are black that somehow they ""live by the sword""?

The only person mentioning skin color here, let alone equating it to anything, is you, Mike.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Instead of wearing a handgun around all the time, what about carrying, say, a chainsaw, or a blowtorch? Those are also dangerous tools, definitely not toys or fashion accessories, and the people who use them safely and skilfully are respected for it.

Wait, though. Actual lumberjacks would probably laugh themselves silly at a guy who humped a chainsaw around all the time just to show off.

Well, let's hope handguns are somehow different from chainsaws in that way.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:51 am
I carry a gun in my pocket all the time, what's wrong with that?
So, you weren't telling the truth that you were just happy to see me?

I'm glad you keep a gun that is small enough to be concealed in your pocket. I also try to make sure I can be protected against armed assailants.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:04 pm
I'm glad you keep a gun that is small enough to be concealed in your pocket.