Makiah Bryant - Unbelievable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Re: Makiah Bryant - Unbelievable

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm
snip
Hey, Ajax. I want to bump this for you.
Morley wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:10 am
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:49 am
America is more hostile to white men than any foreign country.
Maybe you'll take a page or two and list all of the unique outrages that you've faced in America because you're a white man.
Come on. Just a 'top ten' list.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Lebron James actually tweeted out a photograph of the officer who shot Makiah Bryant and posted, "You're next!" Do you think Twitter is going to ban him for that?

This is what mob rule looks like.
Kendi — who aggressively promotes critical race theory, which the U.S. federal government has previously stated is “divisive” and “un-American propaganda” — defended James during an appearance on CNN when he was asked to respond to James’ tweet.

“In this particular case, LeBron James spoke out, he tweeted a picture of the officer, the officer who allegedly shot Ma’Khia and he said, ‘you’re next,'” CNN host Brianna Keilar said. “He has since deleted that tweet. What is your reaction to that? Does that add to the tension? Is that appropriate?”

“I think it’s important for us to recognize that people are very, very angry and upset and outraged and people including LeBron James, you know, including others, they witnessed, you know, I don’t want to speak for LeBron, but I know many people feel as if they did not witness police work,” Kendi claimed. “They witnessed someone being killed and even potentially murdered. And of course, like with any other case, people are going to be outraged that someone did not come and de-escalate, the situation, disarm that girl, so everyone could have gone home safely that evening.”
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Morley wrote:
Maybe you'll take a page or two and list all of the unique outrages that you've faced in America because you're a white man.
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm
[some post about Ajax brown people outrage]
Morley wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:36 pm
Come on. Just a 'top ten' list.
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:41 pm
[post about Lebron James]
Really? You've got nothing?! I'll make it easy. How about listing three random events?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Morley wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
Maybe you'll take a page or two and list all of the unique outrages that you've faced in America because you're a white man. I can't wait.
LOL... I'd like to see that list too.

Unfortunately, you'll be waiting forever. There's no way ajax can fulfill your request without sounding like the whiny little bitch he is.

I mean, we all know ajax says idiotic things, but man, this one has to be on the top ten list. That comment is braindead stupid.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I'm not sure I am seeing what all of the outrage is about with Lebron James’ Tweet. Between the hashtag, and the timing, the intent doesn't seem to be what the right wing outrage machine is making it out to be.

It was wrong, and irresponsible (in my opinion), but hardly a call for violence.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 pm
I'm not sure I am seeing what all of the outrage is about with Lebron James’ Tweet. Between the hashtag, and the timing, the intent doesn't seem to be what the right wing outrage machine is making it out to be.

It was wrong, and irresponsible (in my opinion), but hardly a call for violence.
He posted the name and picture of the officer. What if I had posted the name and picture of the officer who shot Ashli Babbet?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 pm
He posted the name and picture of the officer. What if I had posted the name and picture of the officer who shot Ashli Babbet?
If you posted it with the same hashtag, following a similar judicial event, I wouldn't assume you were advocating for violence.

Edited to add:
Out of curiosity, I did a little google-fu, and found that Fox, NY Post, Yahoo, Daily Mail, Daily Beast, and UK Sun have all posted the name and picture of the officer.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 pm

It was a tweet saying "you're next" as in, you're going down the same way Chauvin did.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

LeBron owes officer Reardon an apology.

What if the officer had just let the stabbing happen? It wouldn't even be a national news story. How do I know? Nyaira Givens 13 just got stabbed to death in Ohio and it's not even a national news story. Her black life doesn't matter to BLM because another black girl killed her, not a police officer. BLM, Icarus, and LeBron James don't care about black life. They're just anti police.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:00 am
LeBron owes officer Reardon an apology.

What if the officer had just let the stabbing happen? It wouldn't even be a national news story. How do I know? Nyaira Givens 13 just got stabbed to death in Ohio and it's not even a national news story. Her black life doesn't matter to BLM because another black girl killed her, not a police officer. BLM, Icarus, and LeBron James don't care about black life. They're just anti police.
The police are people (paid by us) to whom, among other things, we give the right and duty to make split-second decisions about whether or not to shot some of us dead. The police are there because we have collectively decided that they should be there. We thus ultimately bear collective responsibility for their presence and their actions.

We are not responsible in the same way for the acts committed by those individuals amongst us who, through malice, madness or the influence of deliberately or accidentally substances introduced into their bodies, kill others of us.

That is why a killing by a police officer will and should attract much more public attention than a killing by a non-police person.

Got it now, ajax?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.