Liberals force Americans to drink beer made from plants

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Liberals force Americans to drink beer made from plants

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:38 am
Sounds yummy!
It is indeed! My wife always serves it with boiled or mashed potatoes and a simple sauce made with diced white onions and melted butter generously dribbled over everything. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:16 pm
I get the feeling Kudlow has been drinking a lot of piss. At least it's not plant-based.
You know, of course, that everything we eat is plant-based, either directly or indirectly. Right? ;)
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:51 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:38 am
Sounds yummy!
It is indeed! My wife always serves it with boiled or mashed potatoes and a simple sauce made with diced white onions and melted butter generously dribbled over everything. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Gunnar, out of curiosity what is your opinion of lutefisk? Do you think it would make a good traditional beer ingredient for Republican tastes? What about Swedish fermented herring? I think Republicans used to have a strong affinity for red herrings.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

What has not been reported is that Larry Kudlow has invested millions in the production of Kunis. It's a traditional drink from the steppes of Central Asia, made with fermented mare's milk.

Okay, it's not been reported because it's not true, but Larry, there's a business opportunity! Animal-based fermentation, the way God intended.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

duplicate - please delete
Last edited by MeDotOrg on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:21 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:16 pm
I get the feeling Kudlow has been drinking a lot of piss. At least it's not plant-based.
You know, of course, that everything we eat is plant-based, either directly or indirectly. Right? ;)
This is why I look forward to your posts.

*rolls up sleeves*

Alright, you asked for it. We are now going to debate whether piss is plant-based or not.

I say since it's manufactured in an animal's kidneys, urine is animal-based, or an animal byproduct. Also, I hope most people don't consume piss.

Plus, given the context of the thread, we're really talking about a product's root ingredients. If we include everything that's indirectly in that product, everything is everything-based.

Rebuttal?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:56 pm
Gunnar wrote:

*rolls up sleeves*

Alright, you asked for it. We are now going to debate whether piss is plant-based or not.

I say since it's manufactured in an animal's kidneys, urine is animal-based, or an animal byproduct. Also, I hope most people don't consume piss.

Plus, given the context of the thread, we're really talking about a product's root ingredients. If we include everything that's indirectly in that product, everything is everything-based.

Rebuttal?
***Grabs popcorn***
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

Some Schmo wrote:
Also, I hope most people don't consume piss.
Obviously you're never had a Bud Light®.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Gunnar wrote:

*rolls up sleeves*

Rebuttal?
All animals either eat plants or other animals that eat plants. If you go far enough down the food chain you will inevitably come down to plants. Thus every animal and all its byproducts, including urine, is directly or indirectly based on plants. Right? That's all I'm saying. I'm not denying that some animal byproducts, though ultimately derived from plants through various intermediate stages, can be harmful to us humans. Nor can it be denied that land used to produce crops directly consumable by us can feed many times more of us than land used to raise meat animals.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:51 am

Gunnar, out of curiosity what is your opinion of lutefisk? Do you think it would make a good traditional beer ingredient for Republican tastes? What about Swedish fermented herring? I think Republicans used to have a strong affinity for red herrings.
I am not a big fan of lutefisk. I used to hate it, but I have found in recent years that when it is prepared by someone who really knows how to prepare it (which few people, even Norwegians do), it is not all that bad. As for Swedish fermented herring, I have no opinion on that as I have never had the opportunity to taste it. I love Swedish fish balls though! They are wonderful in soup! Unfortunately, the nearest Ikea store no longer carries them. I don't know why. :(

I have a Norwegian jokes book with a humorous recipe for lutefisk: Fasten a plank of lutefisk to suitably sized pine board; cover it with your favorite seasonings; bake it in an oven for 15 to 20 minutes or so; take it out of the oven, when done, then peel the lutefisk off the pine board; throw it in the garbage, and then eat the pine board.