Liberals force Americans to drink beer made from plants

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Liberals force Americans to drink beer made from plants

Post by Chap »

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Liberals force Americans to drink beer made from plants

Post by Some Schmo »

When you exist within a world made of complete BS, most of what comes out of your mouth will inevitably be nonsense.

I could never be a GOP apologist simply because it's not worth the effort to keep up with the BS. The GOP pretends to be worried about losing cows when really it's just the loss of BS they fear.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Too funny.

Also from the OP link:
This is what rightwing politics is down to. It’s all false claims about evil liberals, which the base is expected to believe because it’s primed to believe in liberal villainy. They’re not even trying to engage on actual issues.”

But on Sunday night Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader in the Senate, chose a more sarcastic path.

“Excited to be watching the Oscars with an ice cold plant-based beer,” he tweeted. “Thanks Joe Biden.”
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I get the feeling Kudlow has been drinking a lot of piss. At least it's not plant-based.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:16 pm
I get the feeling Kudlow has been drinking a lot of piss. At least it's not plant-based.
Beer with a lot of baloney - a favorite at Mar-a-Lago.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:34 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:16 pm
Beer with a lot of baloney - a favorite at Mar-a-Lago.
Next you’ll be forced to eat sardines made out of fish.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
asbestosman
Nursery

Post by asbestosman »

It is pretty funny and I got a good chuckle out of it. However, it looks like Kudlow was saying that beer is the only things you'll have left of your barbecue because it's the only plant based food his base associates with a BBQ. Oh, and you'll have to bring Brussels sprouts in place of steak or sausages. At least that's how it reads to me. Still, the trolling for his poor choice of phrasing is kind of awesome.
𐐷𐐨 𐑇𐐰𐑊 𐐺𐐨 𐐰𐑆 𐑀𐐪𐐼𐑆
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Lem wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:06 pm
Too funny.

Also from the OP link:
This is what rightwing politics is down to. It’s all false claims about evil liberals, which the base is expected to believe because it’s primed to believe in liberal villainy. They’re not even trying to engage on actual issues.”
Yes. This is about all that conservative rightwing politics has left to offer. It is truly tragic how many people are still buying into this nonsense.

This is made all the more tragic by the fact that their targeted audience doesn't really have to even believe these false claims in order for them to have the intended effect. As reported by the Washington Post:
And the episode underscores how the shadow of Donald Trump’s presidency — rife with misinformation and mistruths and lies — still lingers, providing Republicans with a mendacious road map for demonizing a political rival. The nation experienced 30,573 false or misleading claims over Trump’s four years in office, according to The Washington Post Fact Checker — culminating in the baseless claim that the 2020 election was stolen, which ultimately helped provoke the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
[Analysis: Fox News’s latest straw man is made of red meat]
Dan Pfeiffer, a former senior adviser to President Barack Obama, said the challenge for Democrats is that even seemingly inconsequential falsehoods can consume valuable time and detract from an administration’s strategic message.

“This is where Democrats misunderstand the right-wing media machine,” Pfeiffer said. “It’s not that swing voters are going to believe that Biden wants to ban hamburgers; it’s that it makes it harder to get your positive message out on other things because you’re busy responding to this.”

Pfeiffer said Democrats are left with something of a Hobson’s choice: Respond, and help fuel a bad news cycle, or don’t respond and let your opponents define the cycle for you.

“This is the dilemma of anyone dealing with such obvious disinformation: Do you ignore it or do you respond to it?” he said. “If you respond to it, you risk giving it additional oxygen, but one of the lessons of recent years is that it’s going to get oxygen no matter what, so you have to arm your allies with the facts so they can share them.”
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:10 am
I know this is off topic, but your remark reminded me of one of my all time favorite dishes that my dear wife learned how to make from my dear departed, Norwegian mother: Fiskegrateng.

The above recipe is not exactly like the one my wife learned from my mother, but it's pretty close. The reason your remark reminded me of it is that some who have tasted it don't even realize that fish is the main ingredient. Whenever my wife brings it to a potluck dinner, it is one of the first things to disappear. One time a woman complimented my wife, saying it was one of the best things she had ever tasted and asked her for the recipe. When she found out that the main ingredient was fish, she was shocked, saying, "that can't be true! I hate fish!"

My wife has made it using cod, sole, salmon and other types of fish. I especially like it with salmon, but she prefers cod or some other kinds of white fish. It is, in my opinion, to die for whatever kind of fresh fish is used! I have never tried it with sardines, though. I think I had it with halibut once, though I don't remember for sure.
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:09 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:10 am
I know this is off topic, but your remark reminded me of one of my all time favorite dishes that my dear wife learned how to make from my dear departed, Norwegian mother: Fiskegrateng.

The above recipe is not exactly like the one my wife learned from my mother, but it's pretty close. The reason your remark reminded me of it is that some who have tasted it don't even realize that fish is the main ingredient. Whenever my wife brings it to a potluck dinner, it is one of the first things to disappear. One time a woman complimented my wife, saying it was one of the best things she had ever tasted and asked her for the recipe. When she found out that the main ingredient was fish, she was shocked, saying, "that can't be true! I hate fish!"

My wife has made it using cod, sole, salmon and other types of fish. I especially like it with salmon, but she prefers cod or some other kinds of white fish. It is, in my opinion, to die for whatever kind of fresh fish is used!
Sounds yummy!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.