What's your chance of hospitalization if infected with COVID?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: What's your chance of hospitalization if infected with COVID?

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:15 pm
Yes 600,000 people died from COVID. [...] that's the not the scam
Glad we got that straight.
ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:15 pm
... as a result of our overpopulated planet, we're going to have more viruses arise
Nothing to do with overpopulation. More to do with the fact that the virus will continue to circulate freely in poorer countries, generating new variants all the time, until the rich countries finally see that they can't protect themselves until everybody else is protected.

And then make sure that everybody in those countries gets vaccinated.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Icarus wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:59 am
182218846_10215754633578715_1817340221157062339_n.jpg
Are you still double masking to go out jogging like Joy Reid? Are you going to force your kids to wear masks when they play outside in southern humid heat this summer?
That would require testicles and a spine.
Are you sure you really want to talk about testicles?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 pm
Are you sure you really want to talk about testicles?
So what are you implying here? That a genuine concern to further minimize the danger to not only oneself, but also especially to others is somehow a sign of cowardice?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

That a genuine concern to further minimize the danger to not only oneself, but also especially to others is somehow a sign of cowardice?
Go ahead and show me the science that says vaccinated people jogging outdoors are spreading COVID and need to double mask the way Joy Reid does. Can't find it? That's right because it's not about science. It's a leftist religion and masks are just a way of virtue signaling no different than a Jew wearing the darkest hat.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 pm
... show me the science that says vaccinated people jogging outdoors are spreading COVID and need to double mask the way Joy Reid does.
I have never heard of this person, and I have never heard anyone of any scientific weight advocate the need to wear two mask when jogging outdoors.

If Ms Reid does this, however, the worse she is doing is being over-cautious, and I doubt whether she has many imitators. So why is this person and her very unusual precaution important to you? I don't think she is harming anyone - whereas anyone who tries to discourage or ridicule mask wearing when appropriate certainly is harming others.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm
I have never heard of this person, and I have never heard anyone of any scientific weight advocate the need to wear two mask when jogging outdoors.

If Ms Reid does this, however, the worse she is doing is being over-cautious, and I doubt whether she has many imitators. So why is this person and her very unusual precaution important to you? I don't think she is harming anyone - whereas anyone who tries to discourage or ridicule mask wearing when appropriate certainly is harming others.
I have little doubt that Ajax actually realizes, or at least suspect this as well as we do. He is just desperately grasping at any straws he can find or invent to avoid having to admit how irrational he has been and continues to be. In other words, he would rather continue being a fool than admit he was wrong, and therefore admit the possibility of having been one. I would not be surprised if deep down inside himself he is somewhat aware of how he continues to humiliate himself.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm
I would not be surprised if deep down inside himself he is somewhat aware of how he continues to humiliate himself.
I would be very surprised. He's never shied away from idiocy. He either believes it, or thinks saying it will annoy people he perceives disagree with him. Either way, that stupidity runs deep and is indelible.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 pm
That a genuine concern to further minimize the danger to not only oneself, but also especially to others is somehow a sign of cowardice?
Go ahead and show me the science that says vaccinated people jogging outdoors are spreading COVID and need to double mask the way Joy Reid does. Can't find it? That's right because it's not about science. It's a leftist religion and masks are just a way of virtue signaling no different than a Jew wearing the darkest hat.

Why does it upset you that someone would wear a mask? The only reason you're even talking about this is because it was all the rage in Right Wing propaganda outlets like Blaze and Daily Caller. But at the end of the day, why do you care what someone wears while jogging? Show you the science? Why don't you show us the science that says definitively that people cannot spread COVID while jogging, even while vaccinated. Go ahead dumbass, pretending to give a rats ass about what science says when you've been mocking it since day one.

If this person wants to err on the side of caution more power to her. If she's right, she could be saving lives. If you're right, she's harming no one.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Xanax should just post in memes. Here you go, buddy.

Now you don’t even have to use words any more.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:I had a black patient yesterday who lost several months of work and wages because the stupid PCR test kept coming back positive even though he as well was completely asymptomatic.
You do realize that being asymptomatic means that you can spread it to others, and that's the concern. If you could be symptomatic but not contagious, then nobody would care if you chose to work while you were sick. Are you sure you went to medical school?
Ajax wrote:The scam was the home foreclosures, exhausted savings, lost wages, and repossessed vehicles due to a virus that had a 99.96% survival rate
Consider joining us in the real world for a moment. The virus doesn't have a 99.96% survival rate. But seriously, Ajax, listen to yourself. Do you really think the political agenda of the Democratic party is to foreclose homes, exhaust savings, and take away cars?
we're going to have more viruses arise and the globalists oligarchs will use them to their advantage once again
You're right that we'll have more viruses. That's been known for years. For years, people who aren't complete morons have been trying to do something about it. Probably not enough -- but something:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05 ... c-response

Complete morons beginning with your president, and continuing down the chain to include you, don't want to listen, and don't want to spend tax payer money to solve the problem. You want to ignore the problem and pretend it isn't happening. Do you really think that creating a program to stop a problem before it leads to things like shutdowns is "oligarchs using the virus to their advantage?"

Are cops using speeders to their advantage every time they issue a ticket?

Is every General using a war to his advantage?

Are you using eye infections to your advantage?

Are city workers using the need for a bridge to their advantage?

Recall how much you hate and distrust China. Your president, as I've told you before, gutted the program that was in part built because we know we can't trust China, and we know that high populations and human-animal interactions makes for a pandemic creation machine. Do you really think that Bill and Warren are so far gone, that they wake up grinning at the prospect of guaranteed pandemics from worldwide chicken farming? "Warren, are you as excited as I am about this?! The world is going to need my foundation!"

Anytime a solution is created for a problem, somebody by default is benefiting from the problem in some way. How could it be any other way?
The personal benefit to Obama or Bill Gates, or whoever, for having a system in place to protect us from viruses so that we can avoid shutdowns is pretty minimal when compared to other things they can benefit from.

If you want to ensure shutdowns and a ruined economy, then do it your way. Don't spend tax money on a pandemic response system and let the free market take care of it. Translation: as wave after wave of pandemics hit, each with unique viruses that require unique antibodies, do nothing. Let our immune systems and vitamin D from the sun cure us. After the first 2% of us are taken out, Covid will have adapted to take out even more, and it's anybody's guess where that will end. But, as you point out, while the next wave of Covid strains are pushing to 3 and 4%, then another pandemic with an unrelated virus could explode and take out even more. Shutdowns are unavoidable. Places that didn't want to shutdown, have had to shutdown of their own accord because so many of their employees got sick. But by golly, don't create a task force to deal with the problem, that will cost tax payer dollars! And worse, the leaders of the task force will get paid, and thereby benefit from the problem.