CDC announced no mask for the fully vaccinated

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: CDC announced no mask for the fully vaccinated

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:58 pm
Chap globalism has taken their jobs and given them to those who will work for less. That's capitalism. Unemployed people have plenty of kids in the US. I wouldn't have a job if they didn't. It's only working people that can't afford to buy their kids an eye exam and backup glasses for their contact lenses.
Clearly, Chap understands the problem 10 times better than you do, ajax, because you adamantly refuse to see the reality and the most obvious solutions. You seem incapable of taking off your white supremacist, racist blinders. You claim to love capitalism and hate globalism, while at the same time blaming the capitalism you love for the globalism you claim to hate. It is hard to imagine how you could get any more self-contradictory or schizophrenic! There is no way of escaping the fact that the worst problems facing all mankind, including Americans, are global in nature and detrimental and even dangerous to all of us. There is no realistic hope of effectively addressing them, much less solving them, without widespread international, global awareness and cooperation. Is that really so hard to understand and accept?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Chap globalism has taken their jobs and given them to those who will work for less. That's capitalism. Unemployed people have plenty of kids in the US. I wouldn't have a job if they didn't. It's only working people that can't afford to buy their kids an eye exam and backup glasses for their contact lenses.

Sigh.

My post made it quite plain that I am not talking about unemployed people. I am talking about ordinary American people who have jobs and work hard like you do.

But they find that the value of what they earn is not enough to enable them to get their own home and be able to bring up kids decently. They are working just as hard as their Mom and Dad did, but there is no way that they can have the kind of lives their Mum and Dad did.

That is because the real value of the wages earned by working people over past decades has stagnated and even fallen. See here, for instance.

For most U.S. workers, real wages have barely budged in decades
After adjusting for inflation, however, today’s average hourly wage has just about the same purchasing power it did in 1978, following a long slide in the 1980s and early 1990s and bumpy, inconsistent growth since then. In fact, in real terms average hourly earnings peaked more than 45 years ago: The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 had the same purchasing power that $23.68 would today.
We are not talking about people who are unemployed here. We are talking about people working hard full time and finding that their wages are not enough to live decently. So drop the crap about their jobs being given to people in other countries by 'globalism'. They are Americans with American jobs.

But all the time, very rich American people are getting richer and richer and richer.

What do you think should be done about this?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
... has taken their jobs and given them to those who will work for less. That's capitalism. It's only working people that can't afford to buy their kids an eye exam and backup glasses for their contact lenses.
As Comrade Ajax says, Capitalists hurt the workers of America by shifting manufacturing to areas where people work for less. They also make vodka taste like ptooey hand sanitizer.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

But they find that the value of what they earn is not enough to enable them to get their own home and be able to bring up kids decently.
We demand to high a standard of living to bring up children in the developed world. If you aren't willing to raise kids on this kind of income, big business and big government will find an immigrant that will.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:03 pm
But they find that the value of what they earn is not enough to enable them to get their own home and be able to bring up kids decently.
We demand to high a standard of living to bring up children in the developed world. If you aren't willing to raise kids on this kind of income, big business and big government will find an immigrant that will.
Dammit man!

These are young Americans who just want a life no worse than the life their Mom and Dad had - a secure home, and enough money to raise and educate their kids in a non-luxurious but adequate way, with maybe a bit in reserve for emergencies. Far from getting anything like that, many of them can't even afford to move out from their parents' house.

And you think they are asking for too much? Is that your version of conservatism now?

I repeat - working people's wages have not risen in real terms since before 1980. But the really rich people have been getting rich faster and faster ever since. Is that how you want your country to be? If not, what should be done about it?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

There are two kinds of "useless" in this thread:

- posts from ajax
- reasoning with ajax

I am perfectly happy to let ajax stay misinformed and marinate in his own misery. He's too stupid to influence anyone, so I don't see the harm in his believing abject nonsense. Nothing can be done about it anyway. He's an incurable buffoon.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I repeat - working people's wages have not risen in real terms since before 1980. But the really rich people have been getting rich faster and faster ever since. Is that how you want your country to be? If not, what should be done about it?
If the Democrat party wanted wages to rise, they wouldn't be promoting mass immigration and backing the globalist against economic nationalists.

Do I think it's too much to ask to live as well as your parents did? No, but the ruling globalist oligarchs, Democrat and establishment Republican parties think so. Americans who continue to vote Democrat should not be surprised that they are going to have a lower standard of living than their parents.

Mass and illegal immigration-lowers American worker wages
Globalism-allows companies to export jobs to China
Social Security-takes money from young lower class working people and gives to older wealthy retired people who often paid a pittling amount
Higher budget deficits increases the interest payment on the debt
Environmentalism and their nonglobal regulations are going to make things cost a lot more for this generation than it did for the boomers.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:55 pm
I am perfectly happy to let ajax stay misinformed and marinate in his own misery. He's too stupid to influence anyone, so I don't see the harm in his believing abject nonsense. Nothing can be done about it anyway. He's an incurable buffoon.
You may be right that he's too stupid to influence anyone, but I think it likely that there are others even stupider (or even more poorly informed) than he whom he might succeed in persuading to accept his abject nonsense. Therein lies the potential harm. Perhaps a few of those would be a bit less persuadable to his point of view if exposed to evidence and sound reason that clearly refutes his nonsense. You would probably be right about him being an incurable buffoon incapable of being influenced by others wiser and more knowledgeable than himself, or even admitting the likely existence of the same.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

After this horrendous jobs report, the administration was left with the option of changing their economic narrative or changing the COVID narrative. The CDC is run by politicians in white coats pretending to be doctors following the science. There only purpose is to further the left wing political agenda.

The April Jobs report was a bit disappointing, but I wouldn't label it horrendous. The monthly jobs reports back in the later half of 2008 were horrendous and much worse when the country was in the great recession.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Brack wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:09 pm
After this horrendous jobs report, the administration was left with the option of changing their economic narrative or changing the COVID narrative. The CDC is run by politicians in white coats pretending to be doctors following the science. There only purpose is to further the left wing political agenda.

The April Jobs report was a bit disappointing, but I wouldn't label it horrendous. The monthly jobs reports back in the later half of 2008 were horrendous and much worse when the country was in the great recession.
The jobs report was bad enough to create a bureaucretic whiplash on mask guidelines and sideline Fauci probably permanently.