"I'm just gonna step on it and I'll come off at 80

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

"I'm just gonna step on it and I'll come off at 80

Post by Jersey Girl »

miles an hour and see what it is, okay? Okay here we go. Are you ready? Ready? "

See Biden floor it in electric Ford pickup truck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zCJVUxKSk

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed May 19, 2021 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: I'm just gonna step on it and I'll come off at 80

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

@3:19 for the money shot. I can’t wait to get a fully electric vehicle - I only have a 100k on my Pious, so it’s not upgrade time, yet.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: "I'm just gonna step on it and I'll come off at 80

Post by Jersey Girl »

Inside that 78 year old man beats the heart of a teenager who just got his hands on his first set of wheels. I married a guy like that. 8-)

Not like Biden's predecessor who got in a semi and fire truck pretend driving it and blowing the horn while mugging for the camera like an idiot.

I'd bet real money that if Biden climbed up into a rig, he'd start the damn thing and take off.

For some reason, I admire that kind of gung ho/can do mentality. I think it's the mentality that gets things done.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:23 pm
Inside that 78 year old man beats the heart of a teenager who just got his hands on his first set of wheels. I married a guy like that. 8-)

Not like Biden's predecessor who got in a semi and fire truck pretend driving it and blowing the horn while mugging for the camera like an idiot.

I'd bet real money that if Biden climbed up into a rig, he'd start the damn thing and take off.

For some reason, I admire that kind of gung ho/can do mentality. I think it's the mentality that gets things done.
Biden accelerated faster than our currency inflated over the last few months.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: I'm just gonna step on it and I'll come off at 80

Post by MeDotOrg »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:07 pm
@3:19 for the money shot. I can’t wait to get a fully electric vehicle - I only have a 100k on my Pious, so it’s not upgrade time, yet.

- Doc
There's a video of a Tesla SUV Model X beating an Alpha Romeo 4c in a drag race. Oh, and the Tesla is towing another Alpha Romeo 4c while racing.

Electric motors have massive amounts of torque compared to internal combustion engines. For a pickup truck that is an actual working vehicle, torque is what you need to carry a load and not slow down. The big push is in battery technology. As energy storage density increases and the per unit manufacturing costs decrease, I would think that fleet vehicle operators would think long and hard about the Total Cost of Ownership with respect to EVs.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Hole crap!!! You guys worship this man!!! Might as well call him Prophet Biden😂😂😂😂
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

I bought my daughter a new Tesla for her 17th Bday last month. She got the Model 3 and my wife just ordered a Model Y which is set to be delivered in September. I requested a tri-motor cyber truck back in 2019 but production on that has been delayed till 2022. From here on out it will be 100% electric cars for us.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Be careful what you wish for.
Last edited by Cultellus on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:18 pm
Hole crap!!! You guys worship this man!!! Might as well call him Prophet Biden😂😂😂😂
Now ask how many of these professional message board posters would actually get in a car driven by Joe Biden.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Icarus wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:31 pm
I bought my daughter a new Tesla for her 17th Bday last month. She got the Model 3 and my wife just ordered a Model Y which is set to be delivered in September. I requested a tri-motor cyber truck back in 2019 but production on that has been delayed till 2022. From here on out it will be 100% electric cars for us.
Same for me. My wife’s folks both drive model 3s and I’ve been really impressed with them. I’ve got an old van that’s close to retirement, but I’m hoping to stretch it another couple years to have a selection of EVs to replace it with. Like Doc, I’ve got a Prius that has lots of miles left.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.