Is the former President tweaking again, or:

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Is the former President tweaking again, or:

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 am
For you federal service types he’s the comptroller.
So you're saying he's the comptroller for an incompetent troller?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:18 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 am
For you federal service types he’s the comptroller.
So you're saying he's the comptroller for an incompetent troller?
Probably. If the company has been cooking the books then he’s the guy that’d know, and he would be able to explain how he was directed to do x-y-z. What’s interesting to me is the fact that he’s testified to the grand jury, so I kind of wonder if the feds already rolled his ass up, and got him to cooperate for whatever - charges being dropped or reduced, for example.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:15 am
What’s interesting to me is the fact that he’s testified to the grand jury, so I kind of wonder if the feds already rolled his ass up, and got him to cooperate for whatever - charges being dropped or reduced, for example.

- Doc
Can you imagine a Trump employee not initially offering lies?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/nyre ... ation.html
An investigation into Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization’s finance chief, appears to be heading into its final stages as prosecutors increase pressure on him.

The investigation into Mr. Weisselberg focuses partly on whether he failed to pay taxes on valuable benefits that Mr. Trump provided him and his family over the years, including apartments and leased cars as well as tens of thousands of dollars in private school tuition for at least one of his grandchildren. In general, those types of benefits are taxable, although there are some exceptions, and the rules can be murky.
I guess we’ll find out shortly if Weaselberg wants to play ball, or take some prison time for the Orange Man.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cohen making predictions...I think he bears listening to. He knows the Trump Organization from the inside.

'Indictments Will Be Flying': Cohen Thinks Trump Org Execs Will Be Charged
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkhnBfPhRU8
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If you need a laugh at Trump's expense...spend less than 10 minutes of your time listening to Cohen non-stop cutting on Trump and his associates and yet making serious points. :lol:

If Trump goes to jail will Melania wait for him? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Cohen on Dumbest Lie Trump Ever Told, Matt Gaetz Coming After Him & Donald Going to Jail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vne0MgZb55E
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Everyone is saying that Vance needs Weiselberg, but if Vance decides to indict the organization as a criminal enterprise, one very important thing will happen: Banks do not like to loan money to organizations under indictment as a criminal enterprises. Fines against the Trump Organization could run in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump has hundreds of millions of dollars in loans coming due in the next few years.

So an indictment against Trump's businesses as a criminal organization closes the doors to a lot of capital for Trump. It certainly won't help his effort to win back PGA tournaments. I would imagine convention business will take a hit as well. And this is all before going to trial.

Donald Trump is the first President to have a more stressful post-presidency than presidency, partially because he never took the Presidency seriously enough. He has tried to cast his Post-Presidency as the unjustly removed leader, saying he will be restored to the Presidency when no Constitutional means exists to do so. He cannot push a button and say 'make it so'. The best legal counsel won't drink the Trump Kool-aid, so whoever he gets to defend him will operate under the premise that all publicity is good publicity.

And remember that if the Trump Organization is the target of this round of indictments, it does not mean that evidence will be developed that will form the basis of future indictments of corporate officers.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Speaking of stressful post-Presidency moments:

TFW you have to remind people not to riot, even if your guy asks them to riot, which they totally didn’t do on January 6th, but just in case, you hang flyers asking them not to riot because you don’t know how high he’s going to be.

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm
Speaking of stressful post-Presidency moments:

TFW you have to remind people not to riot, even if your guy asks them to riot, which they totally didn’t do on January 6th, but just in case, you hang flyers asking them not to riot because you don’t know how high he’s going to be.

- Doc
Even if instructed to by Donald Trump...this is for real?

Barr is now admitting that the Big Lie was all "BS" and Pence is condemning the attempt to stop the election certification. That stuff ought to go over big with buddy boy. Prob will start ranting about it at his so-called rallies.

What. a. delusional. ass. :roll:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Holy crap. Colbert highlights all the gaffes Trump made at the rally. First 5-ish minutes of the following.

No. 45 Offers Nothing New At Rambling Ohio Rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJlAQscVbI

Omg. :lol:

Trump's Rebooted Campaign Rally Gets Mixed Reviews In Ohio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHRo2CcA9Gw

Slava Ukraini!