Is the former President tweaking again, or:

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Is the former President tweaking again, or:

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:50 pm
It's pretty effing weird, doc. On the one hand, you have Trump supporters talking about 'reinstating' him. On the other hand, the chances are good that he will be a convicted felon in the next year or so.

All of these QAnon/Proud Boy/Oath Keeper machinations about the REAL purpose of the 2nd Amendment being armed rebellion...And now a convicted pardoned felon, who happened to have been a National Security Advisor, compares our country to Myanmar...I'm amazed with how many people seemed to have broken faith with their belief in this country. The most disheartening thing about the Trump Presidency was not Trump, but the continuing gullibility of the American voter.
I have the sneaking suspicion Trump thinks insurrection and the big lie are a sort of insurance policy if he faces time. I think he’s pushing this particular lie hoping that, if he faces prison time, his interlocutors will argue that the country would descend into civil war if he’s behind bars.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:50 pm
It's pretty effing weird, doc. On the one hand, you have Trump supporters talking about 'reinstating' him. On the other hand, the chances are good that he will be a convicted felon in the next year or so.

All of these QAnon/Proud Boy/Oath Keeper machinations about the REAL purpose of the 2nd Amendment being armed rebellion...And now a convicted pardoned felon, who happened to have been a National Security Advisor, compares our country to Myanmar...I'm amazed with how many people seemed to have broken faith with their belief in this country. The most disheartening thing about the Trump Presidency was not Trump, but the continuing gullibility of the American voter.
I agree! That is downright heartbreaking! :cry: But I take some heart in the fact that as dishearteningly large the number of people who still approve of Trump is, they never were a majority and currently poll not much more than about 30%.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:18 pm
I have the sneaking suspicion Trump thinks insurrection and the big lie are a sort of insurance policy if he faces time. I think he’s pushing this particular lie hoping that, if he faces prison time, his interlocutors will argue that the country would descend into civil war if he’s behind bars.

- Doc
I think it is a near certainty that that is precisely what he is counting on.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

It seems like the Treason Weasel Party is poised to start an armed rebellion. The Oath Keepers/Evangelicals/Proud Boys/LDS/Hacker Collectives of Russia are just waiting till Trump says go.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

This 8+ minute video is well worth the listen. Cohen discusses how the Trump Org works and why those called to testify have to tell the truth which is, in turn, why Weisselberg will have no choice but to testify truthfully. He also says how Trump has managed to avoid prosecution in the past. How Cohen hasn't died of an 'accidental' death yet, is almost beyond me.

Michael Cohen On Trump Probe: Everyone In The Company Lied For Donald
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmffeSVpyoE
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Sometimes I feel like our democracy is currently precariously balanced on a knife edge where if it falls one way, Trump's lies and corruption are fully exposed for all to see, beyond all reasonable denial, and Trump and his cronies fall into well deserved prison and disgrace, and if it falls the other way, lies and corruption are permanently elevated over truth and democracy, and we descend into an Orwellian despotism led by Trump and his ilk where free elections and the will of the majority no longer matter.

A big part of what makes it so precarious is that some of those supposedly on the Democrat side (like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema) are hardly less corrupt or in the pockets of wealthy, corporate, oligarch donors than some of the worst of the Republicans.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:46 am

A big part of what makes it so precarious is that some of those supposedly on the Democrat side (like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema) are hardly less corrupt or in the pockets of wealthy, corporate, oligarch donors than some of the worst of the Republicans.

Senator Manchin represents West Virginia, which is a deep red state. He has to be somewhat conservative.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Brack wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:33 pm

Senator Manchin represents West Virginia, which is a deep red state. He has to be somewhat conservative.
The problem with that is that Manchin doesn't really represent West Virginia. Poll shows Manchin wildly out of step with West Virginia voters on voting rights bill.
Rachel Maddow shares details from a new poll that shows West Virginia voters of all political stripes are very supportive of the For The People Act to protect voting rights, which makes it all the more odd that Senator Joe Manchin, who represents West Virginia, does not.
Joe Manchin claims to oppose the The People Act to protect voting rights, for example, only because no Republican Senator supports it, thus it could not be bipartisan. This seems about as foolish an argument as it could possibly be. Even 76% of his Republican constituents in WV support it! The truth is almost certainly that Manchin's wealthy corporate donors oppose the act, and he cares far more about what they want than about what the West Virginians who voted for him actually want.

See also: Joe Manchin's Argument Is as Far Removed From Reality as West Virginia Is From Neptune
The Reverend William Barber, official preacher man here in the shebeen, has announced that, on June 14, he plans to lead his Poor People’s Campaign in a march on Senators Joe Manchin and Mitch McConnell. By now, Manchin’s appalling decision not only to continue to embrace the filibuster—the primary barrier to any attempt by Congress to counter the national campaign by the Republican Party to destroy the franchise for millions of American citizens—but also to vote against the For The People Act even if it ever came to a vote, has been chewed up and spat out by practically everyone who’s read his misbegotten op-ed in a West Virginia newspaper.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The Lincoln Project...

Trump's North Carolina Speech In 70 Seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwlHpQRcqyI
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The latest:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... minal-case
I’d like to throw out one more name, which is Jeff McConney, because I don't think that's gotten enough attention because last week the reports were that he went into the state grand jury, and he is the controller of the Trump Organization," Weissmann said on Wednesday on MSNBC.
Who is Jeff McConney? He’s the Trump Org’s money man and one of its most senior executives. Bottom line is he would know about every dime spent, how money was collected, moved, taxed, and allotted. He would have very specific knowledge of the company’s finances and how Trump would authorize anything related to money. Anything. For you federal service types he’s the comptroller.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.