Is the former President tweaking again, or:

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Is the former President tweaking again, or:

Post by Chap »

Trump: "They sent a young man to a plant." - instead of 'they sent a young man to plant our flag on the moon.'

And then he got completely lost and couldn't remember what the guy's name was ...

And this is the guy whose supporters try to tell us that Biden is senile? Oh well, Trump is sure of the Alzheimers vote I suppose.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:10 pm
Trump: "They sent a young man to a plant." - instead of 'they sent a young man to plant our flag on the moon.'

And then he got completely lost and couldn't remember what the guy's name was ...

And this is the guy whose supporters try to tell us that Biden is senile? Oh well, Trump is sure of the Alzheimers vote I suppose.
Yeah I know. He and his supporters also mock Biden for using a teleprompter and for his stuttering. Trump's reading directly from a teleprompter and he can't do it without rambling on like a drunk when he's got the words right in front of his face.

There's footage at one of those links I posted of rally goers walking away from the rally while he's still up there babbling in the background.

Yup. That's Mr. Charisma right there. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Certainly Trump will never admit to having Alzheimer's if and when he is diagnosed with it. I wonder how obvious his growing dementia has to get before his sycophant base will begin to notice or admit it? I predict that there will a growing number (growing slowly at first) of his voters who are sorry they ever voted for him. I think it likely that it will eventually be hard to find people willing to openly admit they ever did.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 pm
Certainly Trump will never admit to having Alzheimer's if and when he is diagnosed with it. I wonder how obvious his growing dementia has to get before his sycophant base will begin to notice or admit it? I predict that there will a growing number (growing slowly at first) of his voters who are sorry they ever voted for him. I think it likely that it will eventually be hard to find people willing to openly admit they ever did.
His father developed Alzheimer's so...
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:02 pm
His father developed Alzheimer's so...
That increases my confidence that Trump is probably coming down with it too. It would not only explain his current confusion, but might also help account for much of what he said and did during his presidency. It probably also makes it all the more improbable that he will ever be able to admit he lost the election. He probably really believes the election was stolen from him.

If this is really true, hospitalization may be more appropriate for him than imprisonment.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump supporters are talking about a "civil war" if Trump does not become emperor by August. I imagine Texas and Florida would immediately secede from America.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I watched the "Unfit" documentary on Trump last night, and at three in the morning, I was kicking myself for doing so. I realized just how much life had improved since he was out of the public's focus. Christ, what a stain on American history and culture that turd is.

I did not need to be reminded what a complete “F” up he is. What's most depressing is how gullible and stupid his fans are. I am astounded every time I hear one of his morons claim he's a man of the people. I mean... wow. Just how stupid do you have to be to believe that damned nonsense?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:56 pm
What's most depressing is how gullible and stupid his fans are. I am astounded every time I hear one of his morons claim he's a man of the people. I mean... wow. Just how stupid do you have to be to believe that damned nonsense?
From r/bestof:
]Weird_Comfortable_77

Former chemtrailer here. It’s a simple mix of being isolated in your little town in bumfuckville, not understanding basic things about how governments operate, corporations make decisions, macroeconomics, immigration patterns, plus being from a place where people still use the terms “Oriental,” “The Blacks,” and “Commies” for anyone left of Bush.

When you don’t understand basic things like this, and you constantly vote against your basic self interests just because you’re terrified of anyone darker than a brown paper bag, your quality of life goes down. You start losing welfare benefits, young people begin fleeing your dying county, nobody is voting to take care of the roads, and then suddenly the 1980s look like heaven compared to now.

You can’t comprehend why globalization is overall a benefit to humanity, after all, the steel mill and chemical factory both fled to Mexico down 5 years back and nobody in town can find a job making more than 30k a year. You’re taxed but because the wool has been pulled over your eyes, you never see any significant welfare benefits. “My family has been in America since the 1880s, why are Latino immigrants leading better lives than me all over?” They took our jobs, I’m not being a klan member and attacking them for coming in, after all the USA is great it’s no wonder they come. But why am I losing so much all the time?

Something nefarious is going on, I just know it. Where is the damned money? Where are the jobs? I worked my goddamn ass off since 1989, why the “F” am I living in a dilapidated piece of crap trailer in a town where the best job is managing a McDonalds? “I’m not trying to be racist here, but why am I seeing blacks on tv driving Bugatti’s, and I have a $2000 used sedan from 2002? Look, my pappy was klan, I ain’t a hater like he is, I’m just asking.” damned McConnell he’s damned useless. I voted for that old piece of crap since I could vote and I haven’t seen a dime back.

Enter Trump. A parade of grandeur, finally: a man who will fight FOR ME. Holy crap, I haven’t felt this patriotic and proud of America since… well, I don’t know if I ever have. Fireworks, promises, hype, being gloves off, holy damned crap this guy might actually care about MY people. No more funneling cash into universities that just take the kids from my county? We are finally going to stop them from coming up and taking all the good jobs? Punish the piece of crap corporatists like Clinton who have spent the last 30 years destroying us? YESSSSSSS

Now it’s years down the line. I haven’t seen anything change. What is going on? Why are the Dems accusing him of being an asset of Russia? Wtf, jeez, these Clinton types really hate people like us. Russia this, tax returns that, who damned cares? My roof has a hole in it and my neighbor died of a heroin OD last week. But, Trump and the GOP has control over the government, why ain’t I getting help??

Enter Q. Q is the answer to what’s going on. It all makes sense. I knew Trump was fighting for me and people like us. Of course it makes sense, the governments been lying about everything since 9/11. Hell, go back far enough, and the CIA been lying about every war and secret program since the 50s. COINTELPRO, WMDs in Iraq, the Pentagon Papers, rich people hiding assets all over the world, Epstein, Watergate, Bill Clinton and the Lolita Express. God, of course. These dirty elites have been damned all of us and swindling all of us of our money to fund their lives of unfathomable wealth, perversion, and power. Of course Trump can’t do crap when he’s against evil and power like this. Of course my life has gotten so crappy since the 80s, I and my little town had no chance against the powers that be. It All Makes Sense.
So on and so forth. People like Xanax simply can’t let go of their notions because they’re too psychologically bound to them. There’s a whole identity wrapped up in it that, were it to unravel, who knows what he’d do. The poster above is very unusual, that he reasoned himself out of his circumstance. Most people are unable to do so.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So. crap’s goin’ down. The CFO has been indicted - we’ll find out more tomorrow. Trump Org. has also been indicted - this can lead to fines, and financial ruin for the company since companies under indictment generally don’t get floater loans. I also think Calamari is in the chute, but I kind of think he’ll flip before the Weaselberg does.

What’ll get interesting is when the noose begins to tighten around Kushner’s and Ivanka’s necks. They’ve both been closely involved in Trump Org business along with Jared. None of the Trump kids will have any sort of immunity … so if, as some whisperers will tell you, Trump has pre-pardoned his family we’ll actually know if that’s a thing. Like. Did he do it? Is there something written down somewhere? If so, will that hold up in court? So many interesting things might come to light if the kids are eventually indicted.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

JUSTKILLMEWHATAFREAK.

Trump Is Still Bragging About Passing His Cognitive Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xj991c6Ehg

So far as I can tell this is the test that was administered:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini%E2%8 ... xamination

Slava Ukraini!