On audits, elections and public trust

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: On audits, elections and public trust

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:50 pm
Speaking of which, honor:

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-ag-says- ... ng-1597909
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican, said former President Donald Trump would have lost in Texas in the 2020 election if his office had not successfully blocked counties from mailing out applications for mail-in ballots to all registered voters.
Harris County, home to the city of Houston, wanted to mail out applications for mail-in ballots to its approximately 2.4 million registered voters due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the conservative Texas Supreme Court blocked the county from doing so after it faced litigation from Paxton's office.

"If we'd lost Harris County—Trump won by 620,000 votes in Texas. Harris County mail-in ballots that they wanted to send out were 2.5 million, those were all illegal and we were able to stop every one of them," Paxton told former Trump adviser Steve Bannon during the latter's War Room podcast on Friday.
So, it’s clear Republicans want to disenfranchise voters any way they can.

- Doc
This is a big-time story, so as such, Republicans will want to bury it. If they get their way, voting will become unnecessary due to either the elections being rigged or no further elections due to a lifelong Trump dictatorship.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:50 pm
Speaking of which, honor:

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-ag-says- ... ng-1597909
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican, said former President Donald Trump would have lost in Texas in the 2020 election if his office had not successfully blocked counties from mailing out applications for mail-in ballots to all registered voters.
Mayan Elephant’s impetus for ridding our country of VBM becomes clearer in context of the broader discussion.
Harris County, home to the city of Houston, wanted to mail out applications for mail-in ballots to its approximately 2.4 million registered voters due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the conservative Texas Supreme Court blocked the county from doing so after it faced litigation from Paxton's office.

"If we'd lost Harris County—Trump won by 620,000 votes in Texas. Harris County mail-in ballots that they wanted to send out were 2.5 million, those were all illegal and we were able to stop every one of them," Paxton told former Trump adviser Steve Bannon during the latter's War Room podcast on Friday.
So, it’s clear Republicans want to disenfranchise voters any way they can.

- Doc
There was a time I would spell out what I thought mattered and what was fluff BS, and take the seriously whether it was meant that way or not. You know. Long form discussion. But it's not worth it anymore. Not here anyway.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:38 pm
ME,

You are a Trumper through and through. Pivots. Obfuscates. Lies. Insults. Asserts.

But never any proof. Never any intention of backing up a claim.

WHAT. KIND. OF. AUDIT. IS. A. COMPLETE. AUDIT???

- Doc
i reject your terms, and have been this whole time. pay attention.

you won. have fun out there alone.
This question was never going to be answered, and I’d wager that ME understood that he essentially backed himself into a corner with his own rhetoric, because the actual issue here isn’t about what process makes an audit ‘complete’.

For the folks parroting this argument, the question is only if whatever ‘audit’ yielded the result that they want. Otherwise, there is no end to the number of factors that supposedly weren’t considered, or examined, or tested for (as the vast multi-million member, multiple agency Deep State voter fraud network prevents them from doing so), and the audit just becomes another example of being ‘incomplete’ based solely on not yielding their preferred outcome.

ME spent a fantastic amount of energy splitting more hairs than anyone on why the process is so supposedly suspect. And he claims to work with audits himself. Does he not realize that any other person can declare his own work as useless or corrupt simply because they want to believe otherwise?

That’s the real issue.

There is no provable ‘reality’ to those that disagree with the election results. And they don’t want a provable reality. They simply want to feel validated about their choice. Reality or truth become meaningless constructs to be tossed aside in the face of self-preservation and ego.
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

TFG himself says we should listen to what the "highly respected auditors" say about the Arizona election results. What did they say?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... n-n1279997
A partisan review of the 2020 election results in Maricopa County, Arizona, confirmed that President Joe Biden won, county officials said Thursday.

The "draft report from Cyber Ninjas confirms the county's canvass of the 2020 General Election was accurate and the candidates certified as the winners did, in fact, win," Maricopa County tweeted Thursday night.

Cyber Ninjas is the Florida-based cybersecurity company leading an effort by Republicans to review the 2020 presidential election in Arizona.

Republican lawmakers and other officials in Arizona have challenged Biden's victory there, targeting Maricopa, the state's most populous county. The review was delayed last month after several members of the Cyber Ninjas team, including its CEO, tested positive for Covid-19.

The full findings are scheduled to be released Friday in the state Senate. NBC affiliate KPNX of Phoenix said that it obtained a copy of the report and that the review widens Biden's victory margin by 360 votes.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just have to post this here because the statement is so wonderfully rich and accurate.
Joe: Trump Lost The Republicans Everything. And It Still Isn't Enough For Him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMyHinO-JcI

p.s. I don't watch Joe Scarborough and I didn't know that he holds a John Dehlin until I checked his wiki bio.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Jersey Girl wrote: p.s. I don't watch Joe Scarborough and I didn't know that he holds a John Dehlin until I checked his wiki bio.
Huh?

Edit: Strike that, I figured it out. Apparently, J D gets changed to John Dehlin. Much like S e n would get changed to Sic et Non, which is very handy when talking about a senator. I have to say, that really makes the board a lot more readable. Maybe we can have it change random words to random symbols, that will be even better.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

AZCaesar wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:06 pm
Jersey Girl wrote: p.s. I don't watch Joe Scarborough and I didn't know that he holds a John Dehlin until I checked his wiki bio.
Huh?

Edit: Strike that, I figured it out. Apparently, J D gets changed to John Dehlin. Much like S e n would get changed to Sic et Non, which is very handy when talking about a senator. I have to say, that really makes the board a lot more readable. Maybe we can have it change random words to random symbols, that will be even better.
Oh I didn't know that! Juris Doctor--law degree. John Dehlin, indeed! :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Will Mayan Elephant offer up an apology? Xanax? Any Conservative?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:36 pm
Oh I didn't know that! Juris Doctor--law degree. John Dehlin, indeed! :lol:
There was no way you possibly could have known. It would take years of studying the Classics at BYU to make that distinction.

Cyber Ninjas was able to determine the ballots did not come from China. Trump may now demand that the ballots be scanned for curry powder.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump has been so bummed out by the Arizona audit, that Governor Abbott of Texas has agreed to do a recount of the Texas vote, which Trump is fairly certain to win. Texas will pick up the cost of this recount. It will include the two largest urban Democrat counties and two Republican counties.