On audits, elections and public trust

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Mayan Elephant
CTR A

Re: On audits, elections and public trust

Post by Mayan Elephant »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:46 pm
Mayan Elephant wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:42 pm
And, in fact, I have no idea what the hell you are referencing with that suggestion. Nobody does.
Everyone else here knows what I'm talking about.

But again, keep hiding behind pedantics.
Now we are talking. Now we got this. Finally. EFFING FINALLY!

You make up a quote, completely fabricated. You do not have the integrity to own your role in this fabrication. It was meant to be insulting. It was meant to suggest something was said or done, even when the thing you suggest was not said or done.

and what is the foundation and defense of your action? "Everyone else here knows."

It all comes down to this - you can make crap up and say whatever the hell you want about anything and anyone because "everyone else here knows" and will just sit down and shut up. I do not think that "everyone else" knows who wrote that quote or what the hell you are talking about - but I know that the line you are defending is sacred and that is important.

And.... the clincher, it is pedantic to correct your lies when the ideological intent of the lie is more important. God bless. I think we are all on the same page finally. I agree with you. I believe you. I cannot speak for everyone, but I do agree with you that correcting lies in ideological conversations is viewed as pedantic - even if it is not actually pedantic. Finally! Thanks man.
"Everyone else here knows what I am talking about." - jpatterson, June 1, 2021, 11:46 ET
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Mayan Elephant wrote:To Gadianton:

Gadianton, I can only take so much. I appreciate your time and thoughts. I respect it a lot. Looks like the point we came to make has been settled once and for all. You have been one hell of a gentleman, as I always remembered you were. Let's catch up on this topic without circus and get an NA beer someday, if you tribe will allow it.

This is no place for an honest man. This is a place for fights and fault lines.

To DrC:

you won. have fun out there alone.
Oh. That looked like farewell to me.

But here he still is! Weird. I can only assume we have a masochist in our midst.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Mayan Elephant
CTR A

Post by Mayan Elephant »

Chap wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:02 pm

But here he still is! Weird. I can only assume we have a masochist in our midst.
damn, right?

The lies piled up and I just couldn't resist.
"Everyone else here knows what I am talking about." - jpatterson, June 1, 2021, 11:46 ET
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:38 pm
ME,

You are a Trumper through and through. Pivots. Obfuscates. Lies. Insults. Asserts.

But never any proof. Never any intention of backing up a claim.

WHAT. KIND. OF. AUDIT. IS. A. COMPLETE. AUDIT???

- Doc
ME,

Since you didn’t rage quit the thread:

WHAT. KIND. OF. AUDIT. IS. A. COMPLETE. AUDIT???

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:05 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:02 pm

damn, right?

Says the moron who doesn't think the Big lie is actually a lie.
Mayan Elephant
CTR A

Post by Mayan Elephant »

Icarus wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:30 pm
Mayan Elephant wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:05 pm

damn, right?

Says the moron who doesn't think the Big lie is actually a lie.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:32 pm
Definitely a sig-worthy quote.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:46 pm
Mayan Elephant wrote:
And, in fact, I have no idea what the hell you are referencing with that suggestion. Nobody does.
Everyone else here knows what I'm talking about.

But again, keep hiding behind pedantics.
I'm fairly sure that I know what you're talking about. It is sad how oblivious ME seems to be to the the fact that no one involved in this discussion has done more damage to his credibility than ME himself. His apparent inability to recognize that the extreme scarcity of substantive evidence of widespread voter fraud is in itself compelling justification to doubt Trump's claim that the election was stolen from him was anything more than a self-serving lie. It is very telling that even during the 2016 election campaign, Trump repeatedly and adamantly refused to commit himself to accepting the results of the election, unless he won. He is apparently constitutionally incapable of accepting even the merest possibility that he could ever actually lose at anything or ever did.
Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
I did not vote for anyone that gave a middle finger to the constitution. And, in fact, I have no idea what the hell you are referencing with that suggestion. Nobody does.
Does anyone besides ME know what I would be referring to by saying that Trump gave a middle finger to the constitution? You only have about 236 or so examples to choose from.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

jpatterson wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:30 am
Mayan Elephant wrote:
I did not vote for anyone that gave a middle finger to the constitution. And, in fact, I have no idea what the hell you are referencing with that suggestion. Nobody does.
Does anyone besides ME know what I would be referring to by saying that Trump gave a middle finger to the constitution? You only have about 236 or so examples to choose from.
I do, the example most immediately coming to mind being the already discussed occasion when Trump had peaceful protesters tear gassed and forcibly driven away by his thugs so he could walk to and pose in front of a church while holding up a Bible - apparently upside down no less! There have been countless remarks on the internet about how Trump and his cronies "gave a middle finger to the constitution" by their words and actions.
Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.