Close your eyes

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Close your eyes

Post by Jersey Girl »

and just listen to this.

Al's Mitch McConnell explains his stance on immigration, Biden's agenda, and the insurrection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaClrvN0NnA

or watch it with your eyes open if you wish. Al Franken. He's still got it. In spades.

This OP was not intended to generate any particular discussion. Didn't know where else to place it. Do with it what you will.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Close your eyes

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh alright. Here he is speaking seriously re: voting rights and McConnel.

Al Franken On Voting Rights Bill: ‘It'd Be Mitch McConnell Who Ended Our Democracy’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byj1beyre_U
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:21 am

Al Franken On Voting Rights Bill: ‘It'd Be Mitch McConnell Who Ended Our Democracy’
Yep! Al Franken is awesome. I wish he were still a U.S. Senator, and that we had more like him in government. He resigned only because he has incomparably more integrity and honesty than Trump, McConnell, McCarthy or any of the other current GOP leaders who continue to kowtow to Trump. What he resigned for was a single indiscretion which, though admittedly regrettable and foolish, was not criminal, and pales into insignificance compared to many egregious lapses of integrity and decency that Trump and his cronies have been allowed to get away with scot free (so far), some of which actually are criminal!
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:21 am

Yep! Al Franken is awesome. I wish he were still a U.S. Senator, and that we had more like him in government. He resigned only because he has incomparably more integrity and honesty than Trump, McConnell, McCarthy or any of the other current GOP leaders who continue to kowtow to Trump. What he resigned for was a single indiscretion which, though admittedly regrettable and foolish, was not criminal, and pales into insignificance with many egregious lapses of integrity and decency that Trump and his cronies have been allowed to get away with (so far), some of which actually are criminal!
I think he resigned because he didn't want things to turn into a political circus. He has more dignity, integrity, and character in his little finger than Trump has in the whole of him.

That parody he did was spot on. Now he's using his comedic talents to undo the GOP crazies and his knowledge and dedication to unravel their garbage.

Win-Win.

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 pm
I think he resigned because he didn't want things to turn into a political circus. He has more dignity, integrity, and character in his little finger than Trump has in the whole of him.

That parody he did was spot on. Now he's using his comedic talents to undo the GOP crazies and his knowledge and dedication to unravel their garbage.

Win-Win.
Exactly! Not to mention, far more intelligence and understanding of reality, including scientific reality.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.