MeDotOrg Walgreens theft in San Francisco

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: MeDotOrg Walgreens theft in San Francisco

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why are white Texans so murderous? Why does Texas create such monsters?

https://www.wfaa.com/video/news/crime/h ... 47101ec603

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Out of pure curiosity, I went deep diving on Reddit (for Walgreen employees’ accounts of shoplifting policies) , and through some tort cases with my very limited abilities.

It appears that going back as far as 1999 -- when a police officer sued Walgreens because an employee chased after a shoplifter (Flaherty v. Walgreens) -- Walgreens has had a corporate policy for store employees to not pursue or try to physically detain shoplifters.

In other words, the race of the shoplifter, and the location of the shoplifting, has nothing to do with how things played out.
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Out of pure curiosity, I went deep diving on Reddit (for Walgreen employees’ accounts of shoplifting policies) , and through some tort cases with my very limited abilities.

It appears that going back as far as 1999 -- when a police officer sued Walgreens because an employee chased after a shoplifter (Flaherty v. Walgreens) -- Walgreens has had a corporate policy for store employees to not pursue or try to physically detain shoplifters.

In other words, the race of the shoplifter, and the location of the shoplifting, has nothing to do with how things played out.
Well, obviously every employee who has worked there for the last 22 years is wrong, because Ajax, our local time-traveling 10-year-old Viking, as well as our bastion of well-researched and totally unbiased information, has already told us
ajax18 wrote: ... that would never be tolerated in Texas or Florida ...
... He wouldn't have even made it out of the drugstore.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

... that would never be tolerated in Texas or Florida ...
The police would be there quickly and the thief would be prosecuted. Poverty and lack of a guranteed income would be no excuse.

Even minors with sticky fingers in WV are usually find the police waiting for them at their car.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Even minors with sticky fingers in WV are usually find the police waiting for them at their car.
Maybe that's less because of the shoplifting, and more because they parked their car inside of a Walgreen's.
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Edit: nevermind, not worth it.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
The police would be there quickly and the thief would be prosecuted. Poverty and lack of a guranteed income would be no excuse.

White WV serial killer predated on veterans:

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/west ... 33ca6.html

Why does WV produce these white psychopaths?

White serial thief Walmart, $1300:

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Polic ... 68773.html
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:

I couldn’t find any screenshots of the memo/handbook, but several self-identified employees of Walgreens stated that there was a policy change several years ago (i.e. mid-2018) that while a "Code 99" was to be announced over the internal PA system to notify management of a suspected shoplifter, police aren't to be called until a shoplifter has stepped out of the store.

Based on the available evidence, this really doesn’t appear to be state/city/municipality dependent, but rather Walgreens' long-standing corporate policy.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Based on the available evidence, this really doesn’t appear to be state/city/municipality dependent, but rather Walgreens' long-standing corporate policy.
One would think that Walgreens would have different policies depending on where the store is located and whether the current government is willing to enforce the law or not. But corporations are well known to make blanket inflexible policies that aren't specifically tailored to the area of business.

One of my fellow optometrists said if this man tried to do that in his store he'd beat him until he cried for his mama.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:53 am
One of my fellow optometrists said if this man tried to do that in his store he'd beat him until he cried for his mama.
And we all know what bad asses optometrists are. They will eyedrop the “F” out of you.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.