Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part saga

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part saga

Post by Dr. Shades »

Well Perfume lovers, it was one year ago last night (Friday [April 17, 2019]) that the magical, unforgettable Perfume concert was put on in my hometown of San Jose, California, and in which I was in attendance. It was, and still is, a night to remember. What euphoria!

Here's a guy who vloged about the event and even put in some representative clips for us. As you watch, keep in mind that I was down there, dead center, one person away from the front:
Another person who was much closer to me captured some footage, too. Here's a clip from the song "Butterfly," one of my favorites, during which Perfume showed off their technological acumen:
From yet another videographer elsewhere, Here's the woman who beat me out to get to translate for them:
Later, A-chan leads the crowd in a cheer:
And here they are saying goodbye as the closing credits roll. Hearing A-chan speak English is adorable:
The whole thing was like a dream. It felt like an out-of-body experience. I can hardly believe I was there.

Seriously, everything about this band is just so perfect. Their music itself, first and foremost; the cuteness and adorability of the members, the sweetness of their personalities, the laser-like precision of their choreography, their spare-no-expenses integration of technology, plus the fact that the band just feels so totally legitimate because they formed in sixth grade when they were only 11, of their own accord and minus any big label intervention, and legitimately fought and scraped their way to the top, putting in ALL of the required grunt work for years and years beforehand. . . Perfume is, quite simply, the entire package. NOTHING is, or ever was, half-assed.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
KateFromage
Nursery

Post by KateFromage »

You should have translated. :D :!:
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

OH MY GOSH!! WELCOME, KATE!!

Everyone, a HUGE welcome is due to KateFromage. She is OUTSTANDING.

. . . and I agree, they definitely should've chosen me, dang it!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
KateFromage
Nursery

Post by KateFromage »

Aw, shucks... 😌
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

It was exactly three years ago today that I attended this life-changing concert. 'Twas in the top five best days of my life. Would that I could do it all over again. Their next U.S. tour can't come soon enough!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:06 am
It was exactly three years ago today that I attended this life-changing concert. 'Twas in the top five best days of my life. Would that I could do it all over again. Their next U.S. tour can't come soon enough!
I imagine that I would have experienced a similar euphoria had I had the opportunity to attend a concert by Sissel Kyrkjebø and get to talk to her in her native Norwegian and my own mother tongue. She would not have needed me for translation, though. She speaks American English as well or better than most native-born Americans. In fact, American country and western music is one of the many genres in which she has exceled, at least one example of which is included in the link I provided.

But I have already discussed Sissel in other threads and linked to examples of her singing, and I don't want to be accused of derailing this thread by discussing her any further here. I am happy you get so much pleasure from your favorite group, whom no one can deny are worthy of the admiration and affection you have for them.
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Keep us informed when their next American tour occurs!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Hey, I thought your were joking about Perfume. Are you telling me you were only joking about the rule, but not about your love for them?

If so, I'm not as impressed as I was before. Disappointed, actually. The joke would have been much better if you liked them about as much as I do.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:48 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Hey, I thought your were joking about Perfume. Are you telling me you were only joking about the rule, but not about your love for them?

If so, I'm not as impressed as I was before. Disappointed, actually. The joke would have been much better if you liked them about as much as I do.
Hey man. Now that I am a bleeding-heart liberal, I expect you to be disrespectful to people who do not think exactly like you. However, I expect you to be respectful to Shades in his house.

It will be super interesting to see if this makes it onto the board.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:48 pm
Yes. I stated that explicitly. See this post in response to one of yours.
I agree.

(If I liked them about as much as you do, would I have attended their concert?)