Joseph Smith Stole One Eternal Now

Content transferred from the former board.
Shulem
God

Re: Joseph Smith Stole the One Eternal Now

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 am wrote:
:o

Book of Commandments, 1833 "one eternal now"
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:28 pm wrote:
Dr Moore wrote: And quite a few similar magazines and monthlies publications in the 1820's, including one called "The New Jerusalem Missionary" in 1824
The theme of a New Jerusalem and the nature of God was certainly something Joseph Smith was very interested in. I have to wonder if he was aware of this New York based monthly publication. I'll bet Smith was familiar with it -- it being influential in moving him to start a new religion. Look inside The New-Jerusalem Missionary and find these little gems:
New-Jerusalem Missionary wrote:With the great I AM, the past, present and future, form one eternal NOW, on which foreknowledge cannot be predicated.
New-Jerusalem Missionary wrote:We did not say, that "with vultures and owls, the past, present, and future, form one eternal now," but with God; that Infinite Mind, in which is no shadow of change, in which no such thing as succession can possibly be predicated.
"No shadow of change"!?

This is not biblical terminology. This is Book of Mormon stuff!

Smith robbed that too?

:o

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. RFM, are you listening?

Mormon 9:9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:53 pm wrote:
Shulem wrote: This is not biblical terminology. This is Book of Mormon stuff!
James 1:17 wrote:Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning

Oh, I forgot all about that in James! Oh well, Smith stole it too, because Smith was a common thief all around no matter how you look at it or slice and dice it.