Houston temple flooded

Content transferred from the former board.
Shulem
God

Houston temple flooded

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:22 pm wrote:
It appears that that LDS Houston temple is taking in water.

Texas Temple as Grounds Flood During Hurricane Harvey

Last edited by Shulem on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Re: Houston temple flooded

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm wrote:
The temple survived the April 2016 flood and I'm sure faith promoting saints considered it a miracle and that the hand of the Lord was involved.

See this video of the flood around the temple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhNAUGrSxo

But will the temple survive the great flood of 2017? I doubt it. I think the Lord is going to let the saints down this time and can't stop Harvey.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Exiled » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm wrote:
I'm sure they'll make up some other miracle. Maybe in their minds god allowed the flooding from Harvey to test the saints? The clean-up story is bound to be miraculous. I can't wait to see the spin in action.
Grudunza » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm wrote:
Something good happens = blessing from God

Something bad happens = test from God

It's a convenient way to see things, I suppose.
candygal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:24 pm wrote:
On the other board there is a thread from the requesting prayers from the temple presidency there...so prayers people.. :|
RockSlider » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:31 pm wrote:
The entire Temple itself is being baptized! Praise the Lord.
Quasimodo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:32 pm wrote:
The entire Temple itself is being baptized! Praise the Lord.
Themis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:43 pm wrote:
I can understand the desire the temple will not be damaged, but it seems to show some people's priorities may not be where they should. The church is rich and will be able to handle any repairs needed. I would be more concerned about the lives of the citizens who lives are at risk, as well as costs they may not be able to handle.
SteelHead » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm wrote:
Too late it is underwater.

https://i.imgur.com/amD7IBK.jpg
DoubtingThomas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:07 pm wrote:
"The temple closed on Saturday following the 11:00 a.m. session, and it's unknown when the temple will reopen."
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/l ... ane-harvey

Jesus Christ!
moksha » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:56 pm wrote:
This will present an opportunity to redo the Houston Temple. The idea of putting it up on stilts has not yet officially been taken off the table.
sock puppet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 pm wrote:
It's okay, it's okay. All is well. It's the House of the Lord. Jesus can walk on water.
Gadianton » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:11 pm wrote:
what does it matter? If the Church hasn't changed from when the Hawaii Temple burnt down, and still self-insures, then the Saints in the local area -- including and especially those who have just lost everything -- have the unique opportunity to sacrifice more and donate on top of their 10% gross tithing to rebuild the temple. As long as we don't dip into the mall budget all is well.
I have a question » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:55 am wrote:
Just another opportunity to filter donated money into a friendly refurbishment contractor...
I have a question » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 am wrote:
SALT LAKE CITY — Over the weekend and on into Monday, Harvey's floodwaters displaced hundreds of Mormons, breached the faith's Texas Houston Temple, damaged meetinghouses, canceled Sunday worship services.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... -safe.html

Conclusion? God hates Mormonism.
(On the basis that if no Meeting houses were damaged, no temples breached and services went ahead as planned, it would be claimed as God protecting the Saints and His churches).
Church leaders have called for prayers.
Because offering prayers worked so well in the build up to Harvey...
Why would you pray to the person who sent you the Hurricane in the first place?
"We are praying for the people of Texas, and invite others to join us in those prayers," Hawkins said. "Anyone wishing to provide support for our efforts to aid to those in Texas is encouraged to make a donation to the church's Humanitarian Fund."
Note: if you donate to the Church Humanitarian Fund, the Church reserves the right to spend it on whatever it chooses, not necessarily Texas.
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 am

This example demonstrates that prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, do not possess the skills of divination and are clueless about what the future really entails. They can't see the future and neither can they prophesy. If the prophets of Mormonism really had a divine conduit to heaven's visions, they would have seen the rains beforehand and known that the temple in Houston was going to be subject to rising waters. With such knowledge, they could have sandbagged around the temple. The Mormon apostles and prophets have no idea of what is to come and their professed abilities to act as prophets and seers is a biblical ruse.

But, as we see, the pretended prophets trusted in their make believe god and thought he would take care of his temple. They took no action in building a barrier for a future flood (or build a temple elsewhere) and in their inability to foresee futuristic things proved that the leaders of the Mormon religion are prophets in name only.

Therefore, let the temple flood.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:06 am wrote:
The entire temple won't be baptized because the water could never rise that high like it did in the days of Noah but the baptistry down below will be baptized as the water flows down below and buries the whole thing in mud and debris.

I guess Mormon god saw this coming?
Dr Exiled » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:17 am wrote:
The Mormon god is busy working with his p.r. professionals at this time, putting together a wonderful miracle story about the clean-up. It's going to be fantastic. Gotta hand it to Mormon god and how he takes credit for anything positive and blames that nasty whore mother nature for anything bad.
Tator » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:28 am wrote:
Maybe it's time for the church to start mining gold dentalwork from the mouths of the members, again.
I have a question » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 am wrote:
God rarely infringes on the agency of any of His children by intervening against some for the relief of others. But He does ease the burdens of our afflictions and strengthen us to bear them, as He did for Alma’s people in the land of Helam (see Mosiah 24:13–15). He does not prevent all disasters, but He does answer our prayers to turn them aside, as He did with the uniquely powerful cyclone that threatened to prevent the dedication of the temple in Fiji;6 or He does blunt their effects, as He did with the terrorist bombing that took so many lives in the Brussels airport but only injured our four missionaries.
https://www.LDS.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

I guess God likes Fiji more than He likes Huston.
Or Fiji saints are better at praying.

From the comments:
One of the reasons for Harvey's potency is the temperature of the Gulf owing to global warming. As the models predict, we will have more severe storms like Harvey.
Maybe this is God punishing Trump for pulling out of the Paris deal.
Doctor CamNC4Me » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:39 am wrote:
Sooooooo, once again God doesn't do anything to prevent suffering from happening, but if you pray enough He'll uptick the dopamine in your brain?

You - Dear Lord. Dear, dearest Father in Heaven. I'm under water right now. My mother is too. My kids are underwater and we just lost our pets. In fact, my entire home and belongings are under water. Please, please find it in your heart to prevent others from suffering this horrible fate. I beg of thee, with all my soul, please don't let your other children suffer like unto me.

The Lord - Nope! Lol. But let's turn that frown upside down. Here's a hit of dopamine! Gotta learn those sufferin' lessons! WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

You - k thanks. love ya.

You know. Looking at the pictures some sand bags might've been useful. I'm fairly certain the members would've been more than happy to throw some around the temple?

- Doc
I have a question » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:48 am wrote:
Why would you need sandbags when you've got prayers?
Craig Paxton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:01 am wrote:
So much for their prayers...
“It appears water to the depth of four or five inches has gone inside the temple,” Houston temple President Marshall Hayes said in the statement. “That includes a baptistry, a marriage waiting room, dressing rooms, kitchen and laundry. We haven’t been able to go inside so we really don’t know the extent of the damage.”
Doctor CamNC4Me » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:02 am wrote:
DOPAMINE HIIIIIT! I'M THE LAWD!

- Doc
I have a question » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:05 am wrote:
Some GA family member will already be working up a costing for the refurbishment work...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am
Gadianton wrote:what does it matter? If the Church hasn't changed from when the Hawaii Temple burnt down
Actually, it was the Samoa temple that burnt to the ground and it happened while it was being renovated perhaps caused by careless construction workers. The god of the Samoans must have been displeased with the island offerings.

Gordon B Hinckley dedicated the original TEMPLE OF DOOM in August of 1983 but Samoa god refused to hearken and burnt it to the ground in 2003:
Gordon B Hinckley wrote:Wilt Thou smile with favor upon this holy edifice and by Thy power preserve and protect it. . . . May the structure in all of its aspects be preserved from the ravages of nature and any vandalism or defilement of man.

Gordon B Hinckley had the opportunity to rededicate the new temple in September 2005 and added an extra special blessing:
Gordon B Hinckley wrote:Now Father, we pray that Thou wilt watch over this sacred structure and preserve it from the kind of destructive force which destroyed its predecessor building.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Mormonicious » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am wrote:
Let us not forget that a true prophet, His Excellency Warren Jeffs Prophesied the destruction of Texas for holding him and keeping him from doing the work of da' Lard.

Why to go Warren!

http://www.equip.org/article/warren-jef ... om-prison/
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm wrote:
It was a divine miracle, Mormon god was praised for sparing the Houston temple from the 2016 flood waters but miracles have since ceased and he has failed to "save" his temple now.

Here is a quote from a faithful member praising Mormon god for the miracle in 2016:
All the rivers are still about to overflow. School was out all week, and water was up to 22 feet high in some places. But check this out! BIG MIRACLE: the area where the temple is was flooded super bad. Although many mansions were destroyed and the roads in and out were closed for three days, the water never touched the temple. God protected it from the flood.
see link

http://madisonsmormonmission.blogspot.com/2016/04/
Jersey Girl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm wrote:
I realize that no one cares what I have to say on this but I think people would be better off if they just their mouths, let themselves express gratitude and be done with it.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:08 pm

A faith promoting LDS blogger bragged about how the Houston temple was miraculously spared in the 2016 flood:
God’s Hand

In spite of all the flooding and difficulty that came with it, it was a miracle that our temple was protected from the raging flood waters. Still, it wasn’t the first time. Temples around the world have weathered earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters.
The faith promoting blogger than goes on to state how the Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple was saved as if to imagine Moses himself parting the water! (I'm not making this up):
During Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple was protected as the flood waters split in half, moving around the temple, and leaving minimal damage behind.
So, I would like to know what this faith promoting blogger would have to say about the Houston temple being flooded in 2017. Where is the divine protection? Where is the miracle? Why weren't the waters divided this time around?

see link:
http://blog.chron.com/mormonvoice/2016/ ... ton-flood/
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 pm wrote:
I would actually like to know why the Lord *ever* lets any of HIS own houses be ruined by his own handiwork in creation. Isn't that just a wee bit backward for an Almighty God?! I mean think about it. He certainly CAN save his OWN house, any temple, by simply redirecting the hurricane, or better yet, just simply stopping it from doing any damage. It's a really funny sort of weird God going on around here I have to say.......
Polygamy-Porter » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 pm wrote:Too bad. Not deep enough for the youth to do necro baptisms outside.

Paul, "Elohim works in mysterious ways".

LDS Inc could not afford new flooring in the Houston house of handshakes. Elohim said he would get the US government to pay for it via FEMA.