Houston temple flooded

Content transferred from the former board.
Shulem
God

Re: Houston temple flooded

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:46 pm

In 2016 the Houston temple grounds were flooded but the actual temple was spared, consequently, it was heralded as a miracle by faith promoting Morons.
LDSLiving wrote:Temple Grounds Flood After Major Storms in Texas, Temple Remains Miraculously Untouched . . . . In the midst of these violent storms, the Houston Texas Temple has miraculously remained untouched by the flooding, though water is lapping around the temple grounds.
What is the miracle for the Houston temple in 2017? It now appears that the waters are miraculously flowing inside the temple and the font will be filled with Harvey's water.

Faith promoting morons who claimed 2016 was a miracle from God can choke on that.

see link
http://www.ldsliving.com/Photo-Temple-G ... ed/s/81896
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gadianton » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:
shulem wrote:What is the miracle for the Houston temple in 2017?
I stumbled upon r/ exmormon yesterday and some outright brilliant dude answered this. Scorched earth. You know how Joel Osteen had to open up his stadium to refugees? What if the temple was the only high ground spared? That's a dedicated temple and can't be defiled by the unworthy.
I have a question » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:10 am wrote:
The miracle is that the members get even more blessings that come from paying for a temple twice.
Rather than any insurance firm getting all those blessings.
DarkHelmet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 am wrote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't count. It must be fully immersed, steeple and all. You would think Mormon God would know this.
Shulem » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 am wrote:
Right. it wasn't a baptism at all. It was divine vandalism by the hand of the Lord's own hand against his own house. The Lord himself sent the dirty water to muck up his house and defile it with a nasty stench and filth -- the Lord has shown a total disregard for his own holy house. He's shamed his house and disrespected his people.

The Mormons should just tear the temple down and sell it for scrap and give the proceeds to the hurricane victims. The Lord doesn't deserve to keep his house but should be evicted. He has proven he has no regard for his people and is not a god of miracles.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 am

Behold, it's a miracle! The filthy waters that flooded the Lord's holy house are now receding. The Lord bore his mighty arm and has caused the waters to move back.

Folks, the Lord truly is at the helm. Now it's time to clean up the mess he made.
LSDLiving wrote:The flood waters that breached the Houston Texas Temple earlier this week, flooding the baptistry, a marriage waiting room, dressing rooms, kitchen, and laundry, have begun receding. Though the extent of the damage to the temple is yet to be assessed
Philo Sofee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:12 pm wrote:LOL! Shulem you have way too much fun with this..... :wink:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I have a question » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:48 pm wrote:
(KUTV) The LDS church reported that after further assessments, its Houston Texas Temple has suffered "significant" flood damage from Hurricane Harvey.
On its information site MormonNewsroom.org, the church said the building's basement experienced water "a foot deep to waist deep."
The church said its baptistry room was "flooded to the top," while the main floor took on "several" inches of water that will require the replacement of carpet and furniture. Temples are sacred houses of God to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, different from neighborhood churches used for weekly services.
http://kutv.com/news/local/lds-temple-s ... y-recovery

If the basement took on a foot to a waist deep of water, how come the baptistery (also in the basement) was flooded to the top?

Given the near miss in 2016, what did the Church do to further protect the temple from the floods that the Prophets must have seen coming...? I’ll give you a clue - it’s the opposite of something.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:58 pm
Gordon B. Hinckley wrote:We dedicate the grounds, the structure from the footings to the figure of Moroni, the various rooms and facilities, including the Baptistry, the endowment rooms, the celestial room, the sealing rooms with their sacred altars, and all other facilities which are a part of this structure. All together comprise the House of the Lord.
When the Lord visited his temple, "The baptistry flooded to the top, and water reached waist deep in some areas of the basement. Several inches of water on the main floor ruined carpet and furniture, which will have to be replaced".

This is proof that the Houston temple along with the other flooded buildings in Houston did not receive divine protection. The saints can claim no miracle or special blessings. They are just like everyone else.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I have a question » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:04 pm wrote:
Here is an excerpt from the Huston Temple’s dedicatory prayer...offered by Prophet Gordon B Hinckley.
We pray that all who look upon this house may do so with respect. Hold back the hand of the vandal and the spoiler that its beauty shall not be marred and its sanctity violated.
http://ldschurchtemples.org/houston/prayer/

Remind me again the purpose of Prophets offering prayers?
And if a prayer from the Prophet was ineffective, what’s the point to asking members to pray for the temple?
Shulem » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:30 pm wrote:
Gordon B. Hinckley was not a prophet, seer, or revelator. Had the man had any inkling of what was to come he would have had the landscape elevated with several extra feet of earth and built the temple at higher elevation. But as we see now, the prophet was clueless that the Lord was going to send the rains and flood his own house with foul water.

This is proof that LDS prophets cannot foresee the future. This is proof that LDS prophets are not warned or guided by the god of Harvey!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:38 pm

President Gordon B. Hinckley is responsible for the Houston temple being built on a low elevation and due to his shortsightedness and lack of inspiration the temple was hereby flooded in 2017. The saints can blame President Hinckley for this mess. But, President Hinckley, to his credit, pretty much admitted that he doesn't see the future and no one knows what's going to happen. When it comes to prophecy, President Hinckley had nothing new to add. All he ever did was cite dead prophets. The man didn't know what was to come and he admitted it before the entire church.
Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church, The Times in Which We Live, October 2001 wrote:No one knows . . . . No one knows . . . . No one knows . . . . I do not know what the future holds.
And that my friends, are the very words from the lips of a prophet, seer, and revelator.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

SuperDell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm wrote:
It is not underwater, just flooded. Damage and problems will be the result. Miraculous stories will come about as God prevented looters and infidels from entering.

Remember, Satan controls the waters so maybe he zipped in with them?
Doctor CamNC4Me » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:52 pm wrote:Well, I prayed to God that Hurricane Irma would be downgraded to a tropical storm. So. You know. You're welcome.

- Doc
Dr Exiled » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:12 pm wrote:
I like that ... satan making an attempt to defile elohim and jehovah's house by causing the huricane so the waters would make it up there ... but you know elohim has a good right cross and jehovah is a very under-appreciated mma fighter ....
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:48 pm

There is a precedent to show that prophets, seers, and revelators, absolutely believed that a dedicated temple was protected from FLOODS by the divine providence of God. This apostolic belief undoubtedly carried on through generation to generation -- to include Gordon B. Hinckley and his Houston temple.
Salt Lake Temple Dedicatory Prayer Wilford Woodruff April 1893 wrote:Preserve these buildings, we beseech Thee, from injury or destruction by flood or fire; from the rage of the elements, the shafts of the vivid lightning, the overwhelming blasts of the hurricane, the flames of consuming fire, and the upheavals of the earth-quake, O Lord, protect them.
Thus saith the Lord Harvey, your request is denied. Nevertheless, let my servant Gordon B. Hinckley build my Houston temple so that I may flood it and cause a stink to come upon it. Do not build my holy house upon an elevation, thus, I will allow the creek to overflow and soak my house when you least expect it. I the Lord Harvey delight in causing my saints to suffer and watch them struggle in their faith.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 pm

I've been critical about the LDS leadership placing one of their flagship buildings on ground that is known to flood. It just doesn't make any sense to build a temple that is supposed to be multi-generational upon low lying ground that is subject to flooding without taking appropriate measures to guard against overflowing water or better yet build elsewhere.

The prophetic leadership of the seer and revelator Gordon B. Hinckley failed to foresee that in less than 20 years his temple was going to be overrun by storm water. Nevertheless, the dumb & blind Mormon prophet built his temple as if on sand and expected his god to protect it. But as we have seen from Harvey, the fool's request has been denied and no miracle can be claimed. Gordon B. Hinckley was a foolish business man pretending to be a holy prophet, seer, and revelator -- but in the end he was a blind bat gambling with church funds.

Click the link to see the Houston floodplain map and see how the Mormons built the temple on a sandy foundation:

http://www.harriscountyfemt.org/

Enter the temple address (below) into the ADDRESS SEARCH box and click FIND (let it load)

15725 Champion Forest Dr, Spring Texas