Congratulations to DR SHADES on achieving Godhood

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Congratulations to DR SHADES on achieving Godhood

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I've been off the computer for a couple days, and didn't notice that at some point Papa Bear Shades achieved Godhood....how cool is that.

Honestly we all know Dr. Shades rocks and kicks major butt, so what else is there to say except: Rock ON!

As always, if you have anything to say (for good or bad) about Shades, here's your chance to berate your (board) maker.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Shades, I think I speak for a great deal of us when I say how much we appreciate your contribution to this section of the tubes. This board is a watering hole for those who enjoy free conversation and good natured (and sometimes ill natured) ribbing. A sparring arena of sorts.

Thanks buddy
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Congratulations Shades. Thank you for all your behind the scenes eforts to keep this place running.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Well, I've considered Dr. Shades a God all along. I mean really - how do people think this message board was created, anyway? Do they think it just evolved from a couple of stray pixels or something? Well, it didn't. I'm a message board creationist and I know that Dr. Shades created this board in six days and then rested on the couch playing video games on the seventh. My bosom is burning just thinking about it!

All hail Dr. Shades, the creator and one and only true God of Mormon Discussions!

KA

PS- Does that make all of us Dr. Shades' spirit children?
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Congrats. And thanks to you and Keene for the board.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Congratulations and many, many thanks for this board.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Righteous!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered with/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Congrats, Shades. I guess now you get to pick more wives. ;)
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Shades has already demonstrated the ability to rise above the fray, so maybe he was able to levitate around post 600.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Congratulations to DR SHADES on achieving Godhood

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Bond...James Bond wrote:I've been off the computer for a couple days, and didn't notice that at some point Papa Bear Shades achieved Godhood....how cool is that.

Actually, I don't qualify for godhood, since I have a custom title and never went up through "the ranks."

Honestly we all know Dr. Shades rocks and kicks major butt, so what else is there to say except: Rock ON!

Thanks. I plan to do so for a long time to come!

As always, if you have anything to say (for good or bad) about Shades, here's your chance to berate your (board) maker.

"As always?" Up 'till now, it's been restricted to only saying something good about our new gods. But I suppose we can make an exception in my case. :-)

Mercury wrote:Shades, I think I speak for a great deal of us when I say how much we appreciate your contribution to this section of the tubes. This board is a watering hole for those who enjoy free conversation and good natured (and sometimes ill natured) ribbing. A sparring arena of sorts.

Hey, I'm glad it's appreciated. Reading the reactions over at MA&D, one wouldn't think so :-)

Thanks buddy

You're welcome, sir!

Gazelam wrote:Congratulations Shades. Thank you for all your behind the scenes eforts to keep this place running.

You're welcome. I hope you still find it useful.

KimberlyAnn wrote:Well, I've considered Dr. Shades a God all along. I mean really - how do people think this message board was created, anyway? Do they think it just evolved from a couple of stray pixels or something? Well, it didn't. I'm a message board creationist and I know that Dr. Shades created this board in six days and then rested on the couch playing video games on the seventh.

Actually, it took a lot longer than that, but Keene was the one who did all the work (Bryan, how much time did you spend on it?). I was merely the visionary behind it. The Marx to his Lenin, if you will. :-)

My bosom is burning just thinking about it!

Aye, your bosom is hot, yea, like unto raising of one's temperature. :-)

All hail Dr. Shades, the creator and one and only true God of Mormon Discussions!

{blush} Thank you!

PS- Does that make all of us Dr. Shades' spirit children?

No, it makes you all something better--my cyber children. :-)

Who Knows wrote:Congrats. And thanks to you and Keene for the board.

You're certainly welcome. Thanks for your consistent support through all the hard times.

gramps wrote:Congratulations and many, many thanks for this board.

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it!

Blixa wrote:Righteous!

Who. . . me, or Joseph Smith? :-)

beastie wrote:Congrats, Shades. I guess now you get to pick more wives. ;)

No. . . NO!!! One is more than enough!

moksha wrote:Shades has already demonstrated the ability to rise above the fray, so maybe he was able to levitate around post 600.

I was able to do much more than that. Around post 600, I learned how to hack into the old KGB spy sattelites and peek into y'all's bedroom windows. :-)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley