We have a winner

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

Post by _Abinadi's Fire »

Maybe Hammer is Hinckley, and he is visiting the MAD boards under that moniker?!

Oh happy day!
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:
The Nehor wrote: Why? Couldn't Joseph go knock on President Hinckley's door?
I suppose so, but the only one I've heard talking about Joseph talking to him is Hammer.
I've heard others.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote: I've heard others.
Really? Care to elaborate?
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:
The Nehor wrote: I've heard others.
Really? Care to elaborate?
Not really, I'm not in touch with any of the others who made the claim.

One began getting a Messiah complex though. He went to Salt Lake to tell the Prophet that the Church must move our Sabbath to Saturday...

Ironically he came to this conclusion through 'inspired study' (his words) and rushed off to force implementation. Never heard of the guy again.

If that guys experience was authentic then he let it swell his head up really big.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:Not really, I'm not in touch with any of the others who made the claim.
Being out of touch seems a very appropriate excuse for such a claim.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:
The Nehor wrote:Not really, I'm not in touch with any of the others who made the claim.
Being out of touch seems a very appropriate excuse for such a claim.
Their claim, not mine. See edit where I elaborated on one story.
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:Their claim, not mine. See edit where I elaborated on one story.
It still applies.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I heard that Mormons are not allowed to have revelations for anyone other than themselves and their family. And that only the bishop or leader can have a revelation for their own ward or stake and that the prophet can have revelations for the whole church. So if that is so then why would anyone else need to have revelation of anything else??
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:I heard that Mormons are not allowed to have revelations for anyone other than themselves and their family. And that only the bishop or leader can have a revelation for their own ward or stake and that the prophet can have revelations for the whole church. So if that is so then why would anyone else need to have revelation of anything else??
Because God wants to tell them? Just because the Church (and the world) is not ready for a revelation does not mean that God won't share them with others.
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:Just because the Church (and the world) is not ready for a revelation does not mean that God won't share them with others.
There's nothing like a little personal revelation to make a girl feel special, eh?